Grace Manor Inn

1853 West Grace St., Richmond, Virginia, 23220, United States

More about Grace Manor Inn

Queen for two days!

I stayed at Grace Manor Inn with three friends to celebrate birthdays. The Shicks were extremely welcoming, the home is gorgeous (I discovered something new and interesting each time I entered the same room again!), breakfast is superb...Dawn even catered to our diets, wonderful snacks each day, very convenient location and excellent recommendations for dinig out. I have recommended Grace Manor Inn to many others and can't wait to return.
Jo Ann Allen
Falls Church, VA

A beautiful old brick victorian b&b

This B&B is located in a nice neighborhood surrounded by a lot of betautiful victorian buildings. The house is very large and beautifully decorated. The room we stayed in was a suite with plenty of room, and was elegantly decorated and comfortable. The breakfast each morning was incredible; each day offerred a different type of menu (the owner has their own caterering business). It's a short drive to the tourist parts of downtown Richmond, as well as 1-2 hour drive to historic sites such as Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown, and Yorktown. The owners are also helpful with getting information and maps about different local attractions. They also invited us to join them on the front veranda for drinks with some of the local neighbors, which was a nice touch.

What a B&B!

My husband and I visited the GMI this past weekend. It was worth the trip just to see the inside of the Schick's home. It is truly a grand Victorian. The public rooms are many and varied. Our hosts, including the Yorkies, made us feel welcomed and special. A bottle of wine awaited us in our lovely suite and we were invited to enjoy it on the upstairs veranda.

Our breakfast the next morning was a gourmet treat. We hated to leave on Sunday. If you want the best, check out the Grace Manor Inn.

Beth Lucas
Raleigh, NC

excellent service, surroundings, meals,cleanliness

We gave visited quite a few B & B's in the U.S. and rank this one as, perhaps, our very favorite one. The Schicks were very professional in all that they did to serve us, were very hospitable, and very helpful in advising us to points of interest for site seeing and meals. the breakfasts that were provided were stellar: we felt like we were in a gourmet restaurant every morning! the home is a beatiful example of early 1900"s architecture and has been meticulously restored....lovely!

Wow! What service!

My husband and I just finished our extended stay with Dawn and Albert and we will most certainly be staying with them in the future. Service was great - helped carry the bags up three levels. Their home is beautiful with the original architecture in tact and the porches where wonderful to just sit and read a book. The breakfast was absolutely the best, our favorite so far. Their hospitality and knowledge of the area is unsurpassed. We highly recommend this Inn. You will not be disappointed.

Graciousness at Grace Manor

by TripAdvisor Member kbagel

We stayed at Grace Manor only one afternoon and night, our tour through Richmond was quick. The city is lovely, the Inn is charming. Room was comfortable and LARGE (had a connected sitting suite). Innkeepers were incredibly gracious -- gave a great tour of the home and its highlights, and an even better recommendation for dinner at a fun local restaurant. Breakfast was absolutely delicious. Two little dogs at the Inn make it feel even more like home.

One of the best B&B experiences ever

We stayed for a week at the Grace Manor. It is a lovely house, very elegantly furnished. The suites are very large and comfortable. With a desk and sofa in the second room, there was plenty of space to spread out during our stay. Although the bathrooms are not en suite -- which I normally avoid -- the quietness of the house and the luxury of a large bathroom with old-fashioned bathtub made up for it. The gourmet breakfast was superb, and our hosts were very gracious and flexible about timing. They were willing to serve a lovely breakfast to accommodate my early schedule. A great place!

Unique and wonderful experience!

We really enjoyed our stay at the grace manor inn. Dawn and Albert were very welcoming, helpful, and gracious. I would highly reccomend that you stay here while in Richmond. The house is interesting and beautiful, and the breakfast was great. We were in town to attend a wedding and it made our trip even more special. You'll be so glad you decided to stay here!

Wonderful, relaxing respite!

by TripAdvisor Member JMS1978

My husband and I made a quick trip to Richmond and could only stay in town for one night. We were in the mood for pampering, rest, and relaxation, but weren't able to enjoy a lengthy trip. The Grace Manor Inn provided us with exactly what we wanted (and needed)!

The 100 year-old home is gorgeous and very romantic! There are many common areas to choose from that will suit the taste of almost anyone. The suites are beautifully decorated, and the beds are luxurious. The innkeepers are wonderful and will do all they can to make your experience personalized and unique. The wine and cheese upon arrival is a fabulous touch, and the restaurant lists and recommendations are great. The breakfast is superb (and my husband and I are definitely particular about our food)!

Whether you're in the mood for a quick respite from your daily life, or a longer stay to rejuvenate, we highly recommend the Grace Manor Inn. We definitely want to return -- hopefully for more than one night next time!

GREAT FOOD, RELAXING TIMEA AT GRACE MANOR INN

Words can not do justice to the service and food that we received during our stay at GRACE MANOR INN. Most relaxing and plesent stay we have ever had any where, bar done.

On of many monumentsOn of many monuments

Virginia State CapitalVirginia State Capital

Tarrant'sTarrant's

old stone house entranceold stone house entrance

Comments