100 S 12th St, Richmond, Virginia, 23219, United States

Omni Richmond
Expedia.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

Costs 21% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Omni Richmond Review

Stayed @ Omni Richmond 10/30/10 to 11/1/10 for a wedding. The room was nice but way too noisy. The walls are paper thin. No exaust fan in the bathroom. Tub not to clean, hair in drain. Staff was wonderful. Don't eat at Trevi's, the food was horrible. Bed had a little too much spring in the mattress. Over-all a beautiful Hotel. Good location. People are real friendly & streets are clean.

Unique Quality: We were on the 17th floor, corner room with a great view of the James River & city. Didn't use the pool but it looked beautiful.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Meeting place

In 1997, my agency sent me to a training session of several days in Richmond. We stayed at the Omni. The Omni site says it is a "Contemporary, luxury hotel overlooking the scenic James River. Located in the heart of the city’s financial and historic Shockoe District, offering dining, shopping and entertainment options right outside our door."

My room was $63.35/night plus $6.65 tax
    Parking at that time was $9.00/night
    Local calls were 65 cents each

Unique Quality: I do not remember a lot about this hotel except that they didn't have a pool, and they did have internet access from the room.

From their website:

Hotel Services
    Concierge services available at Front Desk
    Business Center
    Dry cleaning available Monday-Saturday
    Language translation
    Omni Kids Program
    Wheelchair access, braille signage, visual strobe light fire alarms, phone-alarm hookup for visually impaired, double-level peepholes, audio fire/smoke alarms in all areas
    Pets under 25 lbs. allowed ($50 non-refundable fee)
    Autorent, independent car, van and truck rental company located within building complex
    Complimentary shuttle service to downtown locations within a four mile radius. Based upon availability, Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
    Valet parking - $15 per day, unlimited in and out
    Bus and van parking nearby (fee)

Directions: From I-95 South:

Take Exit 74A (Downtown Expwy.); Take Canal St. Exit and make right onto 10th Street; Right onto Cary Street; Right onto 12th Street; Make immediate right into hotel entrance.

• spartan's Profile Photo

Located in the historic district

Contemporary, luxury hotel located in the heart of Richmond's financial and historic district featuring dining, shopping and entertainment options right outside our door.

More about Omni Richmond Hotel

Clean, Quiet and Spacious!

by TripAdvisor Member Time2GoNow

We stayed at the Omni Richmond while traveling to Williamsburg for a Thanksgiving vacation. First - let me recommend before you stay at any Omni hotel, enroll in their Select Guest program. The program provides you with free morning beverages and paper delivered to your door and late check-out -- up to 5:00 p.m.! We requested a non-smoking king with rollaway for our 12 year old. The room was very spacious, even with the roll away. The staff is extremely professional and provided us with directions all about town. The hotel is an excellent location to shops and restaurants in the Shockhoe Slip district. We flew into and out of Richmond so we stayed here at the beginning and end of our vacation, 11/19/05 and 11/24/05. Having a late flight home, the 5:00 p.m. check out was wonderful. We will definitely stay here again when in Richmond.

might as well go to the motel 6

i saw rats and roaches. there was mold everywhere, stains on the mattresses, holes in the walls, the bath tubs where extremely filthy, and the mangement could not contorl othervisitors who were playing loud music and running up and down the hall ways

Great Hotel

Stayed overnight with my wife. Our room had a beautiful view, it was clean, comfortable and had everything we needed. The service was great. Close to lots of excellent resturants and attractions. There was some renovation on a couple floors but this didn't interfere with our stay. A very good experience overall.

Great Hotel

Spent my first trip to Richmond on Easter Weekend at the Omni with my wife and son who was looking at the Univ. of Richmond. I got a great price on two rooms booked through Priceline. The hotel is clearly a four star.
The rooms were quiet, elegantly furnished and immaculate. The staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast restaurant served a lovely buffet brunch on Easter Sunday. The hotel is centrally located one block from Shockoe Slip and its excellent bars and restaurants. My only gripe is the $18/nite parking charge. Overall, it was a great experience and I would be delighted to return to this gracious, lovely city.

Great Hotel and wonderful staff

I am in the Richmond area at least once a year. Since my first stay at the Omni, this is where I will continue to stay. I had to be in Richmond a few weeks after the death of my mother and I brought my father with me. There were no rooms available for my father and when I explained the situation we were immediately put into a suite at no extra charge. The staff at the Omni is wonderful and the rooms are tastefully decorated. An extra bonus is the hotel is within walking distance to many wonderful cafes and resturants. There also is a neat little book store several blocks away. Enjoy your stay!

Great Stay

Got this hotel on Priceline with a $50 bid, a fantastic hotel. Everything in the lobby was nice, and my room was fantastic. Floor to Ceiling windows with a great view, nice bed, very big room. Staff was friendly and the valet somehow remained polite despite the fact I kept pulling my car in and out the two days I was there. Very close to the great Shockoe Bottom area (an up and coming area) and downtown. Was very pleased with my stay and would return anytime!

Treated like Someone Special

by TripAdvisor Member WVA_Mommy

What a great trip!!!!!! After a horrid night at a local Super 8, my family arrived at the Omni a bit before 8am. This after having to call the hotle and have a bellman "walk" us through our driving directions, as we kept missing our turn there in downtown Richmond. The moment we entered I felt much better form our prvious night. My husband checked us in, with promises to touch base later. I fully expected to leave our bags and take my daughter about town or something whle we waited for our room to be ready. The Omni bless their hearts had already arranged our room to be ready, upon finding out the evening before that my husband would be travelling with his family. What a welcome relief. Our bellman, Ernie, wisked us away and up to our room.
Now the truth is this, our room and bathroom had a bit of wear...this was an alcove room, probally their least expensive option, and as we were there on business, and my husbands company, a small private agency providing service to MR/disabled consumers, was really stetching just to put us there, it was fine. Very clean, and comfortably appointed, even if the carpet showed wear and the wall paper could have been updated. Ernie, got us settlled, and then offered his hep and services, and times he was available......perhaps he was more than a bellman? We went down and decided to check things out. The front desk gave our daughter an Omni kids pack that came with this neat free refillable cupd from any of the Omni's restraunts or markets. We filled up with some fruit punch and off we went. Taking advantage of the Omni's shuttle service, my little girl and I went off on many adventures...the childrens museum, the Ymca(the Omin's indoor pool was being refininshed), and to Maymont park. Our driver, Charlie was just wonderful. He took great care in helping us select our dining options (from a everyday kind of percpective, which we REALLY appreciated), and enjoyed every one of his suggestions...of course it didn't hurt, he went into to these local hangout and had them "take good care" of us. He really played up treating our daughter like a pricess, and she became quite attatched....even had to go show him her all dressed up look as we went out to dinner. By the way....in all of this, as my husbad came out of his meeting the first day at lunch, Ernie saw him, and stopped him to tell him that Charlie had just brought us back from the museum, and the missus and one excited, yet pooped little one had just went upstairs for a rest about a half an hour earlier.....how is that for customer relations....he barely saw my husband, yet remembered him, and they were booked to capasity that week.
The staff really went out of their way to make us feel as if we were VIP guests, not just low-end visitors. Even the sweet, sweet lady at the marj=ket made our little girl, and me of course, feel like family. We even had to go say good by and let our daughter go tell her mamaw-friend all about Maymont park.
Whay a wonderful stay, and though the Omni tend to cater more to the business traveler, I have to stay that your children will love staying at such a "grown-up" hotel.

Comments