Super 8 Richmond Midlothian Turnpike

8260 Midlothian Turnpike, I-95 Exit 67-60, Richmond, Virginia, 23235, United States
Super 8 Richmond/Midlothian Turnpike
Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 32% less but rated 37% lower than other 2 star hotels

More about Super 8 Richmond Midlothian Turnpike

Red Lobster

by b1bob about Red Lobster

Red Lobster is a chain of seafood restaurant and rather good at that. My first go of Red Lobster was when I was pushing 9 on the way to Disney World in Savannah. I was keen on those little bitty popcorn shrimp. I ate a good many that meal, but they put the rest in a takeaway box I munched on later that evening in the hotel room. A couple years later, Red Lobster opened in Richmond. For many years, the two locations were West Broad Street in the West End and Midlothian Turnpike on Southside. In early 2009, a third opened in Richmond's east side at the (then) new White Oak Village shopping centre. When one thinks of American chain restaurants, one thinks cheap, fast food, lacking in imagination. Red Lobster is middling priced and does offer some ambiance. You will get better seafood closer to the coast where it is more likely to be fresh, but this is overall a good place. I don't mind telling you that I still love the popcorn shrimp as much as I did when I was 9. Most recently, however, I had the surf and turf which consisted of a New York strip steak with two small lobsters, coming with a house salad and a baked potato.

Homemade Salvadoran food

by b1bob about Doña Mercedes Pupuseria

Doña Mercedes is rather far afield from downtown Richmond, the Fan, West Broad Street, and Midlothian Turnpike (where most of the better restaurants are found). If you fail to make a point of going a good ways south of downtown, you're missing a real treat. I will concede that this restaurant doesn't offer much in the way of atmosphere. I wasn't too sure about this place judging by the initial impression. The fluorescent lighting and the booths were reminiscent of any fast food restaurant. However, there was a certain Latin flavour in the ambience. They were showing a soccer match in Spanish. The match and commercials for Home Depot, McDonald's, etc. were in Spanish. The service was fast and friendly and the food was outstanding. Not only that, the most expensive menu item was $8. It goes to show that the money they saved in lack of decor was passed on to the customer and you don't have to pay through the nose to get great food.

en español, en français, em português As an appetiser, we had pupusas. A pupusa is a soft tortilla with varying fillers. Mine was of beans, Lee's had pork. The pupusas were served with a spicy type of slaw with vinegar (thankfully, as opposed to mayonnaise). I had marañon juice. A marañon is a type of tropical fruit which they tell me is similar to a mango and a pineapple. I had pollo a la plancha (grilled chicken sauteed with onions, peppers, and tomatoes). Both were served with yellow rice, refried beans, and two tortillas. The chicken was tender, everything that came with it was great, and the portions were almost too big even for me.

anyone from richmond virginia?

by car_bag

I will be moving to the richmond area within the next 6 months and I was hoping to get a few insider tips. Maybe some ideas about where to live and what to do. Help in general would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much Carli

Re: anyone from richmond virginia?

by spartan

Hi Carli,

I've never lived in Richmond but used to travel there quite a bit. I've got some information on my Richmond page if you'd like to read it.

It's a nice city (not too big and not too small) with friendly people and a decent transportation system. I usually stayed at the Sheraton on Midlothian Turnpike and that seemed like a nice area of time.

Sincerely,

Spartan

Re: Re: anyone from richmond virginia?

by Easty

The poster b1bob is from the Richmond, VA area. He would probably be able to answer any questions that you might have.

Comments