Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke Airport

3695 Thirlane Road NW, I-581 at Exit 3-E, Roanoke, Virginia, 24019, United States

Airport Plaza Hotel
Expedia.com Travelocity Booking.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• Disgusting Rooms and Poor Customer Service

Stay away from this hotel if you value your safety, hygiene, and health.

After traveling all night from New Jersey, to attend my nieces wedding on Sunday in Raleigh, N.C.,
    my wife and I decided to stop in Roanoke, VA. We happened upon Howard Johnsons because I believed them to be a reputable hotel. I was mistaken. The only King Size bed was in a smoking room. The room smelt like somebody just chain smoked a carton of cigarettes. There were ashes and cigarette burns all over the carpet. When my wife used the bathroom, she noticed that the bathtub was stained red (blood red). The cover to the A/C unit was off and it looked like somebody defecated in the A/C unit. When I called the front desk to request a different room, they denied my request. We immediately checked out and checked into a different hotel. The woman was extremely rude insisted on charging us. When I stated that we have pictures of the room and I would dispute the charges with our credit card company, she informed me that I would not be charged.

I found out from my father-in-law that this area of Roanoke, Va, is known for drug dealers and prostitutes. After the fact, this didn't surprise me because the other clientele that stayed at this hotel looked like prostitutes and crack heads.

Unique Quality: Crappy hotel.

• Do Not Go There EVer!!

This is by far the most disgusting place you will ever have the displeasure of staying. The rooms are filthy, there are seedy characters around every corner, The sheets have unknown stains and holes galore in them. Your safety is a major concern while staying here. Will never ever subject my children to this type of environment again. Gross Gross Gross!!

Unique Quality: ITS A DISGUSTING PLACE AND SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN. GIVES ALL HOWARD JOHNSONS A BAD NAME.

Comments