2.5 out of 5 stars2.5 Stars

6626 Thirlane Road, (formerly Holiday Inn), Roanoke, Virginia, 24019, United States
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Similarly priced and rated as other 2.5 star hotels

More about Roanoke

The Road less traveledThe Road less traveled

Lobby of the hotelLobby of the hotel

Texas TavernTexas Tavern

The RACThe RAC

Accomodations or lodging in Roanoke, Virginia

by Turlbo

First of all I am so glad to see Roanoke listed here, there was absolutely nothing on other sites. In a little more than two weeks I plan on visiting there. I would like to know if someone could suggest any places to stayover in this town? Most of what is on this site either seems to be a little more than what I wanted to pay or it does not say enough about things such as location and what is offered. I am thinking more along the lines of youth hostels, guest houses, or perhaps dormitories. Now I was glad to read on here that most of the places in town can be reached by walking and that there is local bus service. This is because I will not be driving and arriving either by bus or train. While there I do have reseach to do at places like the library and historical society. I also plan on visiting the Transportation Museum. Now I would not pay a little more for something like a guest house as long as it is in this area.

Re: Accomodations or lodging in Roanoke, Virginia

by Turlbo

Excuse me, but I do not see a way to correct or edit here. That last line should read that I would 'not' mind paying paying a little more for something like a guest house (or even bed & breakfast)as long as it is the right area.

Travel Tips for Roanoke

Blue Ridge Parkway ! ! It is...

by RhondaW

Blue Ridge Parkway ! ! It is beautiful and fun. It goes through the state of Va and into NC. In the Roanoke area the best spot is Mill Mountain. There is a small zoo. Pinic areas, and an outdoor theater. Always alot going on but the Best thing is the awesome view from the mountain top. It over looks the city and the mountains that surround the Roanoke Valley. There is the hotel Roanoke where you can dine on spoon bread and peanut soup. Excellent food and wonderful atmosphere.

The picture below is of a misty morning fog rising off a mountain pond.

Internation House of Pancakes

by HotSpotJ about IHOP

I know I try to stay away from the franchised tips, but this place has rescued my friends and I from so many starving after-hours nights. I'm not sure about the 24-HR deal, I only visit this place between last call and 3AM. My usual- Golden Ranch Chicken, salad and water.

Comments