28 N. New St., Staunton, Virginia, 24401, United States
Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

More about Frederick House

Great Place for a Family Reunion

by TripAdvisor Member Sobo1431

Just came back from a wonderful weekend in Staunton celebrating my in-laws 50th wedding aniversary. Our family had the entire large house and the accomodations couldn't have served our purposes any better. I found the rooms comfortable--not that we spent too much time there--and the building and porch very nice. The kids loved running around. What really struck me about the Frederick House were 2 things. First, the location is just outstanding. Just a block off of the main drag with all its cute cafes and shops. Second, the staff was extraordinarily helpful. Yes, we were a very large party, but they made me feel as if I was the center of their attention. This was equally true from the proprietors to the chambermaid--all were uniformly pleasant and accomodating whether it was helping to clean up our baby's gear or working with us to arrange a special on-site dinner. I highly recommend this place.

Perfect Setting

by TripAdvisor Member Pat-Bob

Date: August 4th through August 6th
Celebrating a Family 50th Wedding Anniversay

Our group consisted of ten adults and three small children, and our desire to be together in a cohesive environment for the weekend couldn't have been any better than what we experienced at the Frederick House Hotel.
There are four separate old restored homes in the city in Staunton that comprise of the Frederick House group. We had a beautiful "victorian style" home all to ourselves with six bedrooms and a full bath attached to each. Our large bedroom included a parlor where we could meet for certain festivities.
Our Innkeepers, Denny and Karen, were the epitome of graciousness and flexibility. They made it possible to adjust to our three small grandchildren in every way. They even helped us with our other arrangements with catered snacks to our room and a formal dinner held in one of the other houses nearby.
Anyone planning on a family celebration of any kind couldn't do any better than calling on the Frederick House in the Shenandoah Valley.

Pat and Bob Reynolds
Columbia, MD.

Five-minute walk to everything

by TripAdvisor Member heygregory

The Frederick House not only offers a great breakfast menu and spacious, comfortable rooms, but it's within a stroll of all of Downtown Staunton's attractions. It's two blocks from the Blackfriar's Playhouse, home of the American Shakespeare Center, and within five blocks of the Woodrow Wilson Presidential Library. You can also quickly walk to a wide array of various restaurants, shops, and two streetside movie theatres.

If you're headed to the area, this is the B&B to choose.

Take advantage of their package deal with the Shakespeare Center for show tickets and a backstage tour.

Lovely stay at a charming place

by TripAdvisor Member quiltart

My husband had walked by this Band B when he was in Staunton before and wanted to take me there for a stay. we looked on line and in the AAA guide. The website was very helpful and we select a specific room then called the establishment to book our stay. We received via email directions for parking and checking in. We loved the room, staff, breakfast and the location. You could walk to all the sights in Staunton including the Blackfriar Theatre. The owners were very helpful, personable, knowledgable about the area and made our stay special. When we return to Staunton, we will definitely return to the Frederick house.

Great for a holiday

by TripAdvisor Member RamblinAl

Wonderful hosts, beautiful accomodations, close to everything. We stayed in a beautifully restored building over Christmas and had a lovely time. The owners are absolutely charming people who served us breakfast themselves and were very attentive. Would highly recommend.

A wonderful change for the business traveler

by TripAdvisor Member EverydayTraveler

This business trip was made especially nice by the friendly inn keepers and the homelike spacious suites (with access to wireless). A great change for the frequent traveler to large hotel chains. Breakfast was delicious each morning. The Inn is centrally located, walking distance to downtown Staunton and many wonderful restaurants and shops.

Original and tremendous B&B

by TripAdvisor Member Burbadge

Frederick House has so many extra details that make it a wonderful place to stay. I was there for 10 days, and so was able to work my way through the breakfast menu (all delicious). The rooms are decorated in a most unusual and pleasant way, the hosts unfailingly welcoming and helpful, and if I return to Staunton I most certainly would wish to stay there again.

Patrick Tucker

Pretty and clean

by TripAdvisor Member SleepingCat

A pretty B&B in the heart of historic Staunton - our room was nicely decorated with a large shower room - well serviced. There are no lifts and some rooms are up a flight of stairs which could be difficult if you are infirm. Also not all the bedrooms are in the same building - and I think all are in a different building from the breakfast room/reception - okay if the weather is fine.

The staff were friendly and helpful.

Only a couple of down sides - some of the breakfast options were microwaved pre-cooked and a bit soggy (stick to the waffles - which were okay) but all were attractively presented with lots of fruit, and my husband said the coffee was awful ( I don't drink it so can't comment).

Also, some of the locks on the doors were also a challenge - not easy to operate.

However I would stay there again - it was a good location for seeing the centre of town and was very clean.

Great Service

by TripAdvisor Member lanpd

This was a lovely Bed and Breakfast. The owners were very hospitable. The room my husband and I had was very nice and comfortable for a very old home. The breakfasts were all very good and the choices were cleverly displayed on their coffee mugs. Remember that this is an old inn and some amenities might not be offered. They graciously brought an iron and ironing board to our room when requested. Rooms and linens were very clean. We would stay at the Frederick House again.

We loved Staunton. The town people were very friendly and willing to help with suggestions,etc. We especially liked an old fashioned theater where they show free Monday night football on the big screen during football season. Great restaurants!

Comments