Doubletree Hotel Dulles Airport-Sterling

cjg1's Profile Photo

An Overnight Stay in a New Doubletree

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 1, 2010

I was interested in staying in this hotel since it was new and had gotten a good review on Trip Advisor. My wife and I have stayed at the Hampton Inn in this area before and liked the good lcoation to the highways and shopping. We found the hotel rather easily despite the small sign saying "Doubletree".

The hotel was indeed "very" new. It still had that new hotel smell about it. The front desk was very nice and got us checked in despite our being two hours earlier than check in time. Our room was pretty basic with the usual King Bed, chair, desk, TV, bathroom and dresser. The A/C unit was incredibly loud and I was quite surprised that a new hotel had such a noisey and old style unit. The TV was another matter all together...the cable didn't work at all so we went down to the frobt desk. Apparently the cable had been out most of the week and they were waiting for a service call. They were nice about it but I was a bit ticked off that there was no TV until very late into the night. The A/C unit was a bit tempermental and I had to shut it down halfway through the night and restart it for it to cool off the room. The sheets were scratchy and my wife remarked that they felt as if they took them right out of the package without washing them.

Despite the TV issues we made the best of the stay. It is a new hotel and there are kinks that need to be worked out but I would give them another shot.

Unique Quality: Despite the quirks of a new hotel it wasn't the worst stay ever. There were redeamable qualities such as the choclate chip cookies, the nice robes and the buffet breakfast(free for Diamond's with Hilton).

The staff here was very nice and I did feel bad that they have such issues to work out with this hotel only being open 45 days.

Nearby Doubletree Hotel Dulles Airport-Sterling

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Sterling Travel Forum

Need advice about Sterling, Virginia? Visit the Travel Forum for Sterling and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Sterling hotel reviews