1700 TYSONS BLVD, Mclean, VA 22102
The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

More about Ritz Carlton Tysons Corner

Great Management Response/Friendly Staff

I must commend the staff at the Ritz for their friendliness. I felt this the moment I walked into the lobby. I was also pleased with the clean room and the great bed and the cookies put in my room while I visited the adjoining shopping center. Nice touch. I really want to praise the manager's prompt action after I left a note complaining about not being informed that the water would be cut and I had a 16 hr flight ahead of me early the next morning. I was very angry but the e-mail I received from the manager, offering to refund me, which they did very promptly, made it all okay. Excellent service.

Is This Really the Ritz?

by TripAdvisor Member MimiCSeattle

A business trip was the reason for my visit to the Ritz Carlton in Tysons Corner. I was surprised to learn that the hotel is essentially located in a mall, and a very large mall at that. While convenient it's a little depressing. I've stayed at other RC's and I this one is a true disappointment. While the staff is friendly enough the rooms are far from what usually finds at a Ritz Carlton. After requesting a non-smoking room I was given a smoky room but was told it would be taken care of. Ten minutes later someone showed up with a can room freshner. The sink in my room was also cracked and the vanity had paint peeling off in big curls. The bathrooms have aboslutely no ventilation. The only good thing about the room is that I'm not paying for it. It truly is not up to the standard that one would expect of this caliber of hotel.

Don't stay if you're Marriott Platinum

by TripAdvisor Member KMurphyAtlanta

This review is really only for Platinum members of Marriott (75 nights or more a year.) First, sorry that your life is like mine and you are on the road so much. Second, Marriott consistently treats me well, but despite common ownership, Ritz Carlton is not Marriott- they don't care that I'm platinum, and seem to take pleasure in letting me know just how unimportant I am. The hotel is ok and has nice features, but the carpet was nasty in the room and the wood around the shower had rotted. Nice staff except at check-in (she was on the phone and handled everything while multi-tasking) and parking fee was reasonable. If you want a true Platinum experience, stay up the road at the Marriott Suites of Dulles airport- great hotel, great service, great upgrades- they believe you are important to Marriott and their actions confirm that belief. The experience for Platinum members at Marriott Suites Dulles far exceeds the normal Ritz Carlton Tyson's Corner experience.
By the way, no one should ever order room service from any hotel unless they are on a tight deadline, exhausted, and on a fat expense account. All three things applied on my trip, and the room service was unbelievably fast, quick, and good. Very surprising.

Always a pleasure to stay here!

by TripAdvisor Member jimmyD

This is our third time for staying at the Ritz-Carlton in McLean. It's always been for our anniversary in December. I can't believe all of the negative reviews I've read. We've always been more than happy with the room, the bed is very comfortable, and the bathroom is very elegant. Room service has never been a problem, and the food great. We always do room service for breakfast by leaving our order selection on the door knob the night before. It ALWAYS arrives right on time. Once I ordered roses for my wife from the hotel, and they were to be in the room when we got there. They were. Two of the roses had seen better days, so I called the front desk. They brought us 3 very beautiful roses to replace the wilted ones. We will certainly have no hesitations staying here again and will recommend it highly.

Lovely stay, not perfect

by TripAdvisor Member Janeite

We booked two connecting rooms for a ladies' weekend and were expecting two doubles in one of the rooms. It had not exactly been promised, but our request was made early and reconfirmed, so we were disappointed to be assigned two king rooms. No apology was offered. My roommate needed the rest more than I did, so I had the rollaway--not bad, but certainly nothing like the cushy bed! Honestly, I could live in one of those Ritz beds with its abundance of down pillows, thick, soft sheets, feather bed, down duvet...Like the other Ritz hotels I have stayed in, this one was remarkably quiet despite being sold out. We heard nothing from the hall or from other rooms. The bathrooms were large, attractive, and well-stocked with Bulgari toiletries and fluffy towels.

Our package included buffet breakfast, which was good to very good--the coffee was amazing but the pastries mediocre. The fruit selection and quality were excellent, and the orange juice was fresh-squeezed. Our dinner at Maestro was very expensive but truly memorable. Before-dinner drinks in the bar were delicious, but the guest who ordered dry sherry was brought medium, with the explanation that that's all they have. So, tell her that first!

Two of us had spa treatments and reported they were excellent. We all took advantage of the lovely, quiet pool, pretty hot-tub, sauna, and steam room. The women's locker area is immaculate and well stocked with toiletries, towels, hairdryers, etc. Even if you don't use the spa, you can have a cup of tea in the relaxation lounge after your steam. Pure luxury.

With the exception of the indifferent desk clerk, all the service we received was exceptional. I only wish the guests were all as courteous as the staff. All in all, a wonderful experience, which only missed perfection because of the checkin snafu and the miscommunication in the bar. At these prices, standards are very high and hard to achieve.

Comments