Angie's Guest Cottage B&B

302 24th Street, Virginia Beach, Virginia, 23451, United States

Satisfaction Poor

• Almost got arrested!

In a few words, here is my story. I called this hostel to get a room for 2 days. The manager told me that I had to stay a minimum of 3 days and that there was nothing he could do to help me. So I managed to find a hotel in Hampton wich suited my budget. I got to Angie's Cottage to meet my friends who were staying there for the week. At the minute the manager (Steve not to name him) saw me talking with my friends outside of the lobby, he rudely stated that I was not allowed on the property what so ever. So me and my friends ate on the sidewalk, I went to the bathroom at the Wendy's right beside and changed in the car. I can assure you that I had better travelling experiences in my life! Anyway, I was doing fine until the manager came to me on the second to last day of my vacation and told me that he could do me a deal. I was to pay 7,50$ to get access to the back of the building. I told him that I was doing ok and declined his offer. I told him that I changed in the car and that I managed to live trough the day just fine the way it was. He then asked me where was the car? I answered: In the parking lot. He then told me that the parking lot was his property and that I wasn't allowed. How stunning is that response!! He then went to my friends who were changing and taking a shower inside the hostel and told them that if he saw me again on his ENTIRE property, He'd call the police. Very unpleased by the parking lot question and the fact that he was extremely rude with me, I decided to ask for his name when he came back to his lobby. He went BERSERK and called the police!!!
    He even evicted my friends who had nothing to do with the whole story! By the time the police got to the "crime scene" his son was insulting me and shouting me names. The policewoman looked pretty amazed that such an owner, whom we supposed was to deal with customer service could do such a thing and told me I had to leave and never come back...wich I did obviously. We then found a motel room right next the Hostel (The Castle Motel) wich was way better in terms of convenience and was actually less expensive considering that you can comfortably bed 4 people in a room. Also, the owner was very friendly and accomodating. Anyway, in conclusion let's say that if you are not absolutely forced to stay at this hostel, I strongly suggest not to go there. You might just end up in jail for being human.

Unique Quality: Steve, the owner, doesn't like anyone who is not a white american. So, unless you are a white american, I suggest to stay away from this place as you might have some unpleasant memories from your trip. BELIEVE ME.
    PS: He particularly doesn't like french people and will inevitably give you a hard time for absolutely no reason.

• Great prices and great location!

This is a great location if you want to be right where the action is. The beach is two blocks away but you also have all of the entertainment and everything only one block away. Also they have many affordable options to stay in and even a youth hostile with is around $15-20 p/p. So a great deal during the summer when you just need a place for a few nights, no need for a car to catch the sites and night life only a walk away and meet many travelers.

Unique Quality: Not a lot of amenities, there is a game area and books, but not anything like a hotel experience, which can be good or bad depending on what you want.

Directions: Right in the middle of everything. The entertainment is from 17th St-26th St and this is on 24th St. Lots of bars nearby.

Comments