Courtyard By Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront North

3737 Atlantic Ave, Virginia Beach, VA 23451

Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / N 37th St
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

• Worst hotel experience ever

I highly recommend that you do not stay at this crummy overpriced hotel. The room is fine. The view is fine. BUT . . . the customer service is absolutely terrible. If you ever need to speak to someone about a problem with your room, service, or bill, you are better off speaking to a wall. The hotel management told me that they would do absolutely nothing about my problem. I called Courtyard Customer Service and they only act like they are trying to help but do not actually do anything because they claim that they can only make recommendations to their individual locations. If you want to avoid problems and an unpleasant trip, stay elsewhere.

Unique Quality: Uniquely unfriendly management.

More about Courtyard By Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront North

Highly Recommended

by TripAdvisor Member JackPo21

This is a high quality hotel. Very clean and well kept. All rooms face the beach and the hotel is on the Northern end of the boardwalk. We had one of the jacuzzi rooms and the large, almost heart shaped tub easily fits two people:) The indoor pool is also very attractive and it is conviently located across from the elevator so you don't have to parade all over the place to get to it. Recommend Capt Georges (either location) for a good seafood buffet and The Jewish Mother for late night food or a great breakfast.

Very Nice Marriott - Beautiful ocean views

by TripAdvisor Member LondonLady

Just finished a two day week-end at the Marriott and found the hotel very nice - all the rooms face the ocean. We were on the 11th floor which gave a wonderful few of the beach and ocean area. We had a Queen Suite with two double beds and a sofa bed. The sofa bed had not been used in awhile I think, because we did find stall licorice sticks under the cushions! Otherwise, everything else was clean. The staff handle requests immediately and were very nice and polite. We did eat dinner in the dining room on Friday Jan. 21 and the food was okay - nothing exciting. I have stayed at other hotels in Virginia Beach and this was by far the better of them!

Not everything it says it is...

After reading all the reviews, we decided to stay here for our family spring break vacation. We were disappointed. The room was ok but it did not have enough towels or pillows and no supplies for the pull out couch. I took the kids downstairs to get some of those free cookies they advertised and well, they don't serve cookies on week-ends. No coffee either. The next day we tried to stay out as long as we could so the maid could clean the room. At around 8:00 pm we decided she wasn't coming. I went downstairs and the lady at the desk said she didn't know why it wasn't showing cleaned. I had to suggest to her to give us another clean room. We then had to pack everything up and haul it to another room. A room without enough pillows, towels, or supplies for the pull out couch. The elevators are as bad as the other reviews said they would be. This hotel is on the end of the walkway and away from the shops and restaraunts. This made it harder to get to since we had to find a parking spot each time we left...across the street. The beach is very clean and next time we will find a hotel closer to the middle of the strip.

Nice place to stay

All in all, a nice place to stay. Located toward the end of the boardwalk. Rooms were big and clean. The outdoor pool was very nice and inviting even thought it was too cold to swim the days we were here. Having wireless internet was nice. Our room wasn't cleaned until after 6:30 the first night we were there.

Great Customer Service

My husband, two children (age 4 yrs and 15 months old), and I spend two nights at this wonderful hotel. Very family friendly. The rooms were nice sized and very clean. They allowed us to check in right away even though we arrived over 2 hours before our check in time. There are 11 floors but the elevators were very fast considering there were only two. We were on the 11th floor and never had to wait long for the elevator. The ocean views from our room were gorgeous! Even though this hotel is on the slightly quieter northern side of the beach, we were still within easy walking distance from restaurants and surf shops, etc.

During our stay my youngest child became ill with bronchitis on a Saturday and the hotel front-desk staff was quick to provide us with printed directions of a medical clinic open to walk-ins on Saturdays. They seemed very concerned and were willing to help in any way.

The only word of caution is that the gorgeous outdoor pool is not heated. It was nearly impossible to enjoy it so early in the season. If you are looking forward to the outdoor pool, go later in the summer after the water has a chance to get warmed up. There is an indoor pool available though. Also they charge you $0.75 for local calls from your room, which I thought was a little ridiculous. Other than those words of caution, a great place to stay. We would definitely stay there again in the future.

First Visit to VA Beach - Enjoyable Stay

by TripAdvisor Member PiscoMatt

My family and I recently went on a 3 night stay in VA Beach. After reading the reviews on this site, I decided to go the Courtyard Marriott North.

Overall we had a very nice stay at the hotel. Our room was on the 5th floor and we had a great view of the beach, ocean and boardwalk. We enjoyed that the hotel was located at the end of the boardwalk - much quitier and family oriented.

It was easy for us to walk/bike to other part parts of the boardwalk or nearby resturantes and shops.

We enjoyed both the indoor and outdoor pool and the hot tub with the indoor pool. The outdoor pool was spacius and we enjoyed the relaxing waterfalls and mini-slide. We usually went in the late afternoon when the water was warmer.

We ate once at the breakfast buffet they had at the hotel. They will make omlettes, waffels and pancakes for you. Overall it was ok, not great. I would recommend going to the Pocahontas Pancakes a couple blocks down the street on Atlantic Avenue-35 Street - good price and very yummy! Go early beacuse it gets crowded.

The hotel was very clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. There was a slight wait when going on the elevators, since there were only 2. But this was not a big deal at all.

Overall it was great stay and I would recommend the hotel to anyone.

Our favorite hotel in VA Beach

by TripAdvisor Member Youyellit

We booked over 100 rooms for 2-3 nights at this site in April. Although it is true that the elevators are slow, many of the other hotels have equally slow ones as well. Not one of our guests at the Courtyard complained. I had previously stayed at this property before and during the selection process for our group. Knowing our guests will be taken care of gives me peace of mind.
A call to the front desk always produced results for anything we needed, and the staff are outstanding.

Wonderful Family Vacation - Marriott Courtyard North

by TripAdvisor Member familytravelermd

We just returned from a trip to Virginia Beach, and stayed at the Marriott Courtyard Oceanfront North. We have 3 children: twins age 7 and a 9-yr-old. It was perfect for us. The hotel is located in a quieter, residential area, yet close to shops and restaurants. The beach was not crowded (weekdays), has a fairly wide strip of gold sand, and was impressed by how clean (no litter) and well-groomed it was. The kids, my husband and I had a great time riding the waves, and the water temperature was perfect at about 78 degrees. For very small children, I would recommend going out at low tide, or going in the fantastic outdoor pool (waterfalls overflowing from rock formations, and small "coves") or indoor pool. We saw dolphins daily, and even got a glimpse of a whale! If you need a break from the sun and heat, there are plenty of kid-friendly museums in the Norfolk area; we liked the Nauticus in Norfolk, where we got to tour the enormous battleship Wisconsin. For dining, would recommend going outside the boardwalk area to avoid large crowds; we liked Il Giardino, an Italian restaurant with a wonderful bakery. We will definitely come back next year!

Wonderful hotel!!! Will go back again!!!

This hotel ( courtyard north) was great. We loved the service we got, all the staff was very freindly. The outdoor pool was so fun we all enjoyed it. THe lifegaurd was very nice. We stayed on the 7th floor. The hotel was very family oriented. They have free starbucks coffee, and free valet parking. My brother came down and he didn't know where to park his car and our hotel allowed them to park with us. THey were very pleasent to everything. The offered free cookies at the front desk. I never ate at the resteraunt so im sorry i can't tell you about that, but the waiter/waitress were also very pleasent. THe elevators werenot the best in the world but the were alot better than most reveiws iv'e read. We got a free roll a way bed and extra towels and blankets. They help yopu as fast as possible, and we got our stuff in less than 5 min.. Checkin went very well, and checkout was perfect ( the only bad thing was that we had to leave the hotel.) THey have parking onsite and across the street for their guests only. And traffic is slow that you dont have to worry about cars. The veiws of the ocean were great. We saw over 5 whales and 15 dolphins, they just stayed infront of the hotel. The beach is just like beachstreet , lifegaurds and people oriented. But they dont have shopping across the street, just hotels and parking aty this end of the beach. But the best bet is to get the trolley pass. 8$ for five days unlimited is a great deal. It saves you alot more on your trip to stay up at 37th street even if you have to buy the trolley. The hotel rates are alot ALOT cheaper! Again very freindly service and well kept up place! This should be a 5 star RESORT. in MY mind! HAVE FUN ON YOUR NEXT TRIP TO VA BEACH!

Comments