2501 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, Virginia, 23451, United States

Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / South
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

• Travler409's Profile Photo

Comfortable Space

We enjoyed our stay here. The first two days the pool was closed but it did open before we left. We really like the space of the room and the view of the ocean is always a plus. Navy fighter jets do a lot of flyovers but after the first night we barely noticed. My only complaint of the entire stay is it took the toilet tank forever to fill.

Unique Quality: Near the end of the two mile ocean front boardwalk.

Directions: Between the navy memorial sculpture park and the Neptune statue.

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo

Great OceanFront Hotel

This was a very nice hotel, everyone is friendly and helpful. We were VERY LUCKY to get a room as a drive up! There was a Shriner Convention in town and all rooms were booked at all hotel and motels. Luck of the Irish! The room was perfect for us, refrig, king size bed, high speed internet, nice big TV with cable and games, pool. many other goodies too. Room was very clean, large, had a nice size balcony with chairs and a table. A great place to people watch day or night. We paid for late checkout which I will always suggest at the beach, you can still swim all day and come back, take a shower and roll home clean and not sticky, you don't have to worry about your luggage or your car until you are ready to leave, well by 4:00PM at least!

Directions: On the Boardwalk near the South end, not near all the loud night people

More about Courtyard By Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront South

The Marriot Courtyard South was excellent

by TripAdvisor Member Tommy2117

I just got back from my stay at the Oceanfront/courtyard/South marriot
The hotel staff was all great and friendly, My room was located on the top floor of the 11 story hotel and the view was beautiful over looking the Atlantic ocean, My Room had a Balony with chairs to sit out on and the Living room had a balcony to sit out on, two kids slept on the pull out couch bed and they glady supplied me with another rollout bed for my little one. There is also a small mini fridge, a safe in the room, an extra sink in my room, Hotel cleaning staff was excellent also, The Tv had all the usual kid channels and Hbo

I loved the location too, being in the center of all the action on Atlantic ave, being this my first visit to VB on short notice, I walked the whole Ave one side to the other, It was also nice to park the car in there lot and not have to worry about it anymore, The trolley bus was convenient and cheap.

For my next vist to VB I will be using the Marriott Courtyard south, I did walk down to check out Marriot Courtyard North The only thing I like about it was they have a Beautiful outdoor Pool. I didn't like that It was away from all the Entertainment and Action on Atlantic Ave.
If anybody has any questions just e/mail me, This site was excellent and helped me make my decision to stay there.

great time at the Courtyard

by TripAdvisor Member scootswife

Just returned from a week in va. beach. This hotel was wonderful! All ocean front rooms perfect for dolphin watching in the am. The staff was great and treated my 2 year old like a king. Everyday he was given little beach toys, tatoos and even a rubber duck! The room was clean, not greatly decorated but nice. They will be updating the decor soon, infact samples of the new rooms are on display in the lobby. The hotel staff was great, very helpful! The indoor pool was nice, didn't miss having an outdoor pool because we spent most of the time at the beach! The hotel is center to all the action..fireworks, outdoor stage, "Beach Street" entertainment. The breakfast buffet was very good and reasonably priced. A nice touch and courtesy was that coffee and tea were available all day and night, with special creamers, sugar and flavored tea. We will definitely return to this hotel and to Va. Beach!

#1 Customer Service on VB Oceanfront

by TripAdvisor Member GaryHiggins

My familly visits Virginia Beach every summer since 97 and we try a different hotel every year we found our hotel the Courtyard on 25th Street was 1st Class from the Valet - Julio to the Front Desk - Jesse and Robert and one guy Billy Milton I will never forget his service unforgetable I forgot to write a comment card but i couldnt tell you the level of his service, i gave him my card, as well as the other employees Julio is one of the friendliess guys in the world not to some but everyone who he encounters, the view as you walk into the hotel is 2nd to none I have yet to see another view like that in Virginia Beach. I did take some time and look at other hotels but I couldnt really enjoy the room because the service wasnt at the level of the Courtyard South! The only negative to the hotel is parking but like I said everytime you get frustrated with parking here comes Julio or Aaron(Knowledgeable about Oceanfront) even one night Billy came out saw me frustrated and found valet. THATS SERVICE!

What a great hotel!!!

by TripAdvisor Member packman8484

This hotel was absolutlely awesome. Every room views the ocean straight up. They are spacious, affordable, and clean and a 2 minute walk to the sea. The staff was exceptional. They were friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. The internet access in the lobby was a nice touch. First time to Virginia Beach, won't be the last, and the Courtyard by Marriott will be my #1 choice.

Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member Wdrob

We recently stayed at the Courtyard South Virginia Beach. Location was great! The hotel was located in the heart of the Boardwalk with lots of restaurants nearby. Our room had a great view and was nicely appointed. A good value overall.

Stay Away During the Off-season

by TripAdvisor Member JimFromFL

I stayed here for two days while in Hampton Roads on business. It was not the most convenient location for me, but I love the beach and the hotel had received some great reviews. The hotel is undergoing its off-season renovations. This means that there is no access to the indoor pool and jacuzzi, no access to the exercise facility, and no access to the beach without going out the front of the hotel and using the public access paths. It also means that there is only one working elevator and that the hallways are filled with the cigarette smoke of the workers. I would have hoped that I would have been told some of this when I made my reservation so that I could have made an informed decision.

Additionally, the hot water seems to have been turned down for the season (lukewarm even at its hottest setting), the in-room refrigerator did not cool, and the ice machines were turned off.

On a positive note. The room itself was not bad and there is a great view of the beach and ocean. I may give the hotel another try during the "season", but will avoid it during the off-season.

Nice place

by TripAdvisor Member Supachic311

It was our first time in virginia beach and we had stayed at hotel that was on the beach that was so gross and filthy we had to chage hotels. So, we went looking one moring at breakfest time and found the courtyard. We thought this place is nice. Luckly we were able to get our money back from our other hotel which was station one, don't go there it's just horrible. We packed our things and went to the courtyard on 25th street. Luckly too they had rooms last min. The theme of the hotel caught my eye it was a nice nautical theme, they had a fire place in the lounge area. They had a full service eating area open for breakfest, lunch and dinner. They had great breakfest in the moring, buffett and then the chef could make u eggs, waffles, pancakes whatever u wanted. The staff was friendly and willing to help us. When we went out to our room it was a nice wide open room with a nice view of the beach from our blacony. Nice size to fit 5 people and even had enough room for a cott. We checked out the pool area it was a nice clean pool. We were so happy we switched here we stayed an extra day for the other day that got ruined at the other hotel. I'd stay here again, also the courtyard on 37th street is nice as well, i also have been there too, both locations are well worth it.

overnite fun

by TripAdvisor Member moxy

Looking for a qucik trip to the beach then this is a good choice of hotel. This is no upscale hotel, however it was very clean, had comfortable beds (only downfall, two doubles and no king), great ocean view, quiet, friendly staff and great location on the strip. Parking was free and easy. Didn't eat at the restaurant so can't comment there. There were some nice sitting areas in the lobby if you wanted to hang out and watch the large flat TV or use the internet. Overall, we had a great experience. I was really impressed with how quiet the room was, didn't hear any outside noise at all or your neighbors toliet flush as you often hear in cheap hotels. The room was cool and comfy. We'd go back again for a long weekend.

pretty nice for Virginia Beach

by TripAdvisor Member vabeachlady

My family (me, hubby and 3 teenagers) stayed here for three nights in two rooms for the huge Sand Soccer tournament the second weekend in June. Even though we are locals, we always get hotel rooms for that weekend to serve as home base during the tournament, since we have multiple kids playing and hubby coaching. Over the years, we have stayed at 4 different oceanfront hotels, and this Courtyard ranks right near the top. (We were not so impressed with the Ramada Inn or the Clarion near 5th St., but loved the Fairfield Inn at 19th St.) In general, Virginia Beach oceanfront hotels can be pretty awful - rundown and dirty, with surly employees. (Our friends stayed at the Marjac Suites this year because that was their only choice, and it was so bad that it would have been laughable if they hadn't been paying so much money to stay there.) But this Courtyard was actually pretty nice - way overpiced - but pretty nice. The rooms were clean and everything worked. Those two factors alone put this hotel ahead of many others in the area. The beds were extremely comfortable. The staff was very helpful and pleasant and good-natured, despite being overwhelmed by the hundreds of sand soccer participants descending on them all at once. The sand soccer tournament draws about 750 teams to the oceanfront for the weekend, and it can be a zoo. This hotel seemed very well prepared for the hordes and handled it well - again, unlike other hotels we've experienced. We were so exhasuted Sat. night that rather than walk a couple blocks to a restaurant, we ate at the hotel's American Cafe. I didn't expect much more than standard Holiday Inn-type fare, but was very pleasantly surprised. The food was much higher quality than expected and service was efficient. I wouldn't hesitate to eat there again. All in all, I would gladly stay at the 25th Street Courtyard again.

Comments