5700 Greenwich Road, Virginia Beach, Virginia, 23462, United States
Orbitz.com Hotels.com Travelocity

More about Virginia Beach

Sign at nightSign at night

relaxing in the shaderelaxing in the shade

PlaquePlaque

taken from parking lot out back near food courttaken from parking lot out back near food court

Need help and advise

by Koolgram

I might be attending a convention at the Virginia Beach Convention center in November 2008. Having never been there before I have no clue as to were this is located but seem to think it is not too far from the beach. Ihave been told th is is the off season at the beach and rates should be cheaper so would like advice as to where would be a good place to stay to have access to both the beach and the convention center so I can attend my meeting but also enjoy the beach. Hope someone would give me some advise. Thanks

Re: Need help and advise

by traveltime08

The Convention Center is located on 19th St- I just don't remember how far from the oceanfront. Atlantic Ave.and a short portion of Pacific Avenue are beachfront/oceanview, and the Virginia Beach Blvd area is near the intersection of 19th and the ocean. Two hotels you might want to check out are the Holiday Inn Oceanside on 21st, and the Comfort Inn on Atlantic. I believe bothof these areas are right along the boardwalk, which makes for interesting strolls. November rates are usually cheaper, some touristy shops are closed or have shortened hours, and the beach can be a trifle blustery. However, you may luck out and have some wonderful sunny days, also. Just pack accordingly, perhaps with items that can be layered. In the tourist season, there is a trolley that runs along the shore roads, but they may shorten or suspend operations in the off season. Hope this helps.

Check this website

by vabchtraveler

If you will check out vbfun.com you will find hotels, maps, deals, restaurants, and lots of things to do... in short, everything and more you could ever wish to know about vacationing in Va Bch. The convention center is about 4-5 blocks from the ocean between 19th and 20th streets. The tourist area of the beach is pretty much 5th to 35th Sts. and 3-6 blocks deep (from the oceanfront). It will probably be sunny and cool in November and if the wind is out of the northeast it will be blustery and feel colder than the thermometer indicates. If your trip is around Thanksgiving, you'll be able to drive your car down the 3 miles of boardwalk and see the fantastic Christmas light show (for a small fee, of course.) Welcome to our beach - I hope you get to come. If you have additional questions, just email me, I'll be answer any questions.

good grief

by vabchtraveler

Well, silly me - you needed this info a year ago. Hope you had a nice visit.

Travel Tips for Virginia Beach

If you need a guide call me I live here also!

by TallDJ

If you are coming to Virginia Beach, Virginia USA let me know and I will gladly help you out if i am going to be in town or can arrange to be in town. The Area is phenominal andI love being there, be it goign to the clubs, and nightlife, lounging on the beach, shopping, or just sight seeing! :) Call me at 757-486-1333 and if you don't get me there I am most likely in Lexington, Kentucky at 859-224-9551. Ask For Jared! Spending time at our house out there which is in a nice Bird Sanctuary, and going to the beach to just relax, or the clubs called The Beach House which is 5 blocks from the beach on Cypruss and 17th if i remember correctly, or Time Lounge in Norfolk. Pictures to come!

Volleyball on the beach!

by tpangelinan

Virginia Beach has several volleyball nets up and ready for play, so grab your friends and have a ball. The beach is clean so the worst you may get would be a brush burn or a jammed thumb, so just go have fun.

Hammer Heads Bar

by sexylady about Hammer Heads Bar

Again very nice people.The best night was my 21st where the owner and I just drank ourselves silly.He is so sweet and down to earth.There is happy hour here also and the staff are really nice and cute!!Happy Hour Everyday 6pm - 9pm

Don't waste your money!

by thecatsmeow about Honey Bee Restaurant

Well we headed out with great expectations due to the wonderful ads we had seen and you know they would not have printed how great the place was if it was not. HA! We wandered into this restaurant and were impressed with nothing that we saw but yet we decided to give it a try anyway. They were advertising a breakfast buffet for a very good price but upon looking at it we opted for a simple BLT sandwich. You can't mess that up (Or so we thought) Soggy bread,burned or half raw bacon(yep in the same sandwich) limp rather cold fries and flat soda answered that question. They advertise great customer srvice and attentive staff. They are lucky we did not just walk out as they never even refilled our water much less asked how our meal was (think they knew the reply) or brought us a bill.Lucky for them we are honest folk. Never again.

Dinner and Movies at Cinema Cafe

by dln6874

At Cinema Cafe, you can buy dinner and watch a movie while you eat. This Cinema Cafe plays movies that have already been out a while though, so it's cheaper than going to the regular movies. Plus, Tuesdays and Thursdays are $1 nights!

Comments