4600 Bonney Road, Virginia Beach, Virginia, 23462, United States
Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Virginia Beach

Carpaccio of beef tenderloin appetizerCarpaccio of beef tenderloin appetizer

Larry, Aretta & Noel in Giovanni's awaiting pizzaLarry, Aretta & Noel in Giovanni's awaiting pizza

fine young sailorfine young sailor

Atlantic Ocean at Sunrise on April 1stAtlantic Ocean at Sunrise on April 1st

New Years at VB?

by jewelby

My fiance's mother took us to VB for our gradaution and I loved it so much I want to go back. I thought New Year's there would be cheaper than New york or DC. Has anyone been there for New Year's?

RE: New Years at VB?

by VAizNOT4Lovers

I'd like to hear/see/read about things to do for New Years as well. So far on a quick search all I've found is the "extravaganza" http://www.beacheventsfun.com/beachstreetusa_web_site_038.htm I like jazz, but I'm guessing I won't be in the same company as me, so I'd like to find more things.

~Mike.......

RE: RE: New Years at VB?

by VAizNOT4Lovers

~Mike.......

Travel Tips for Virginia Beach

Stroll down along the beach on...

by marca

Stroll down along the beach on what they call the boardwalk(there are no boards,it is a cement sidewalk)and return up on Atlantic Street, a block off the beach. During the summer months the City sponsors musicians who stand on plywood platforms to sing for you. Larger bands are located at blocked-off side streets. I recommend stopping at Kohr's to get a frozen custard.

CAPE HENRY LIGHTHOUSES

by tpangelinan

Take a ride up the coast out of the town north on route 60 to Fort Story Army Base, this is still an active Army Base so you need to go through an inspection of your car and show ID. There is no charge but you need to behave your self. There is also a public beach on the base just off to the right as you come on base. It's so neat to see both old and new lighthouses together and still standing. The Fort is about a 15 minute or so drive and well worth it, so check it out if you like lighthouses.You can find the full history about these light houses on my Lighthouses of the East Coast II album on our home page.

583 Atlantic Ave.
Fort Story Army Base
Virginia Beach, VA

November 1thru march 15 daily 10am to 4.m.
March 16 thru October 30, daily 10am to 5pm

7 Days a Week

Emily and Forbidden City is all that needs saying!

by op1 about Forbidden City

From the gracious greeting by Emily, to the seating in the "Tree House" booth, the experience was wonderfull.
The appetizers were outstanding. The Peking Duck was crisp and tastefull as were the Stuffed Crab Claws.
The service was outstanding and the prices were more than reasonable.
If one would like privace, all booths have a curtain which can be drawn on request.
Ample Parking bothe in the front and rear. Peking Duck was very crisp and tastefull, not greasy as in many restaurants.

Doughboys has "Island Flair" and good food

by butterflykizzez04 about Doughboys of California

We really enjoyed dining at Doughboys. Outside the building is bright YELLOW w/ a pirate standing by the door.

Inside it looks like your on the islands. Palm trees and bright colors. Lei's for the girls, and lots of tropical flair.

We enjoyed this restaurant. They played great island music and the wait staff was very friendly. The girls (Noel and Tiffany) had their usual chicken fingers and fries. They served them on paper plates with bright pink frisbees to hold them. The girls got to keep their frisbees. They of course have the doughboy logo on them. Nice little souvenirs.

I had hot wings and celery with blue cheese. Very good. The hot sauce was awesome. I couldn't eat much since I have had the weight surgery, but it was so good, I wish I could have eaten every bite. Noel did eat two of them for me.

They advertise alot of tropical mixed alcohol drinks and I was tempted to try one or a couple but I was with the girls and it was the middle of the afternoon..lol

We also ordered some cheese breadsticks with maraniade sauce, it was very good. The girls ate all of these...lol

Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel

by bugalugs

The shop on the bridge is open all year round.
Mid September - Mid May 7am - 6pm
Mid May - Mid September 6am -10pm

You can fish from the fishing pier 24 hours and there are restrooms, fish cleaning stations, and weighting stations.

You can see on the map the interstate 13 going across the sea is the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel.

Comments