Fairfield Inn and Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront

1901 Atlantic Ave, Virginia Beach, Virginia, 23451, United States
Fairfield Inn & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

More about Fairfield Inn and Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront

Great hotel on the beach!

by TripAdvisor Member vacation-luvr

The hotel was very clean - most of the staff was friendly (they even had chocolate chip cookies at the lobby that my kids enjoyed a lot). We stayed in a suite, and it was also very clean. The location is definitely great - you walk out the back door, and you're on the boardwalk, which sort of justifies the price. You can also see dolphins from the patio of our room, which was really neat. The only thing that bothered me was that there was no entrance to the hotel from the parking lot - we all had to get off the car before my husband would park the car. Luckily, we did not have to park all the way on the third level. Overall, I would recommend this hotel and would definitely stay there again in the future.

Nice Hotel on the Beach but Pricey

by TripAdvisor Member unytraveler

We spent 4 days at the Fairfield in August. The room was very nice. We had a 1 bedroom suite at the end of the hall. The bedroom was separated from the living room by a partial wall which was great for us since the kids could tell we were close by. The floors in the bathroom were very slick so be careful. The rooms looked new. We were on the 2nd floor and no noise from the bike path. Breakfast ended at 10 am and it was difficult to get a seat (only about 12 tables) so get there earlier. One poor woman was trying to keep up with the demand. The afternoon cookies at the front desk were good but they go fast. The rooms were a bit too expensive in my opinion but they were oceanfront. The parking lot was terrible. Very small spaces and only enough for 1 spot per room. Since most people had mini-vans and SUVs, it was a tight fit. There is no entrance from the parking garage (3 floors) into the hotel. You had to walk down the stairs (or the ramp with the cars if you had a stroller) to the hotel lobby. Very congested at the lobby with cars trying to load/unload. The hotel has an indoor pool near the elevator so you get a clear view while waiting for the elevator to arrive. Crib was waiting for us in the room - nice touch!

by TripAdvisor Member a1scuba

I booked this hotel online and was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to make the arrangments. Upon arrival everything went smoothly. There is ample parking in front of the hotel, which is a mini parking garage. The lobby is beautiful and there is fresh coffee always available from a high tech coffee maker. Our room was on the 9th floor and on the end as requested - Room 903. Someone else had posted a caution about Room 301 - 401 etc. I can see why there is a outside bar right below these rooms and there was amplified music most nights. The room was very clean and spacious. The balcony was wonderful to watch the boardwalk and beach pass below. There was a mini fridge in the room - it could have used a microwave, but ther was one available in the lobby if you really needed one.

I truly can not find anything to criticize about this hotel - I will book again.

The place to stay at the oceanfront!!!

We just returned from our third trip to VA Beach. This is the third hotel we tried and the one we will be going back to. Last year, we stayed at the Courtyard Oceanfront North and I would consider that average. This hotel is right in the middle of it all but is very quiet. We stayed in a suite which we found to be large and very clean!! The housekeeping staff was excellent. The decor in the lobby and breakfast is great! My daughter loved the beach ball pillows. The walkway to the beach is right off the elevator so you don't have to trek through the lobby. They have a market area which is great for when you have a late night craving and reasonably priced. Every staff member greeted us with a smile no matter the time of the day.

Enjoyed our vacation...

by TripAdvisor Member Ms_lo

My husband and I stayed at this hotel from Sept. 27-Sept. 30. Check-in was fast and person was very friendly. Upon entering room (we booked king size jacuzzi suite) we were greeted by a really fresh smell. Room was very clean. Pulled back curtains and oh my goodness the view was breathtaking. We thoroughly enjoyed people watching and hearing the waves. We will definitely stay here again.....

Great Hotel

This was my first trip to Virginia Beach. Although our stay was short (9/25-9/28)we found the hotel to be very nice. We had a King suite which provided the perfect amount of space for the two of us. The oceanfront view was awesome and the balconies are a comfortable size.

When making the reservation, we requested an early checkin and a room on an upper floor; we were unable to get into a room on one of the upper floors until more than an hour after the normal checkin in. Admittedly, it was worth the wait.

As others mentioned, parking is a bit of a challenge. The garage design and the accessibility to the hotel from the garage is questionable.

I too would suggest that a safe be added to the guest rooms.

Overall the hotel and Virginia beach was quite nice. I would absolutely return and would definetely stay at the Fairfield.

A great stay

by TripAdvisor Member Tedf

We stayed for four nights in mid-September. It was a busy time, as there was a Shriners convention, as well as a weekend airshow at the nearby Naval Air Station - the purpose of our visit. As far as I could tell, the hotel was full, though this never seemed to cause a problem. I had to call the hotel a couple of times prior to my arrival - the staff were very polite and helpful each time.
The hotel itself is centrally located in VA Beach, just off the interstate back into Norfolk. It fronts the beach/boardwalk area, with rooms facing the ocean. There are plenty of restaurants within a block or two - there's a Mexican restaurant around the corner I can recommend! There was also a mini-market next door, which provided the essential cold beer after a long day at the airshow. There's also a heated pool on the ground floor, if the beach doesn't appeal.
The hotel is quite new, and well-maintained. Reception was quick and painless. Our room was on the 7th floor; it was directly across from the elevator, and my fears of being disturbed by the elevator were groundless. The hotel is one of the best-soundproofed I've ever stayed in. At no time could we hear noises from the hall, either of the rooms next door, nor from the room above. We had a mini-suite with two double beds, a sitting area and ensuite. There was an internal door between the sitting area and the bedroom. Both the sitting area and the bedroom had their own airconditioning. There were two balconies - a large one off the sitting area, with an outdoor table and chairs, and a smaller balcony off the bedroom. The furnishings were comfortable, there were two TVs in total, as well as a mini-kitchen with microwave, sink, fridge and coffee maker. The beds were extremely comfortable - we slept very well each night.
Breakfast was included in the tariff, and was available in a pleasant area near the lobby. There were both hot and cold foods available, and once again the staff were friendly and helpful.
Checkout was as trouble-free as checkin. I can thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Virginia Beach area. I found the best rate on expedia - they provided the weekday rate for each night we stayed, rather than the lower rate on the Thursday and Sunday, and a higher rate for Friday and Saturday.

Great Hotel

Great staff, excellent room and cleaning was immaculate. Staff supplied me with a internet adapter with no hesitation and quick checkout was great. Cookies and coffee, the whole 9. Will stay again on New Years. Parking was great, gave a extra pass for visitor. A++..Good Job Marriott!!

Great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member C from NY

We stayed for one night during an extended east coast trip.

POSITIVES:

Great location, right on the water.

Our room was very large with a large balcony overlooking the ocean. In December Virginia Beach has their "festival of lights" on the beach which added to the evening view.

The room looked brand new.

Very good selection on the free breakfast. It was a busy morning, and the attentive staff kept everything fresh and filled.

Quick check-in and check-out.

We will stay here again when returning to Va. Beach.

NEGATIVES:

Not much really. The coffee machine was not working properly during breakfast, so it took a very long time to get a cup of coffee.

Nice Ocean Front Hotel Hotel...beware bright night lights though

by TripAdvisor Member Caraib321

This is a very nice hotel with friendly staff. Stay on a high floor --away from the very bright lights coming into your ocean front room from the boardwalk. Stayed on the third floor and realized a higher floor would be better. Otherwise, a okay!

Some interesting rescue paraphernaliaSome interesting rescue paraphernalia

Jamestown National ParkJamestown National Park

Noel & Tiffany inside the theaterNoel & Tiffany inside the theater

Cape Henry Lighthouse reflectedCape Henry Lighthouse reflected

things to do

by enzee24

hey guys, a group of about 10 of us are driving down from ny to spend a week in virgina beach (from april 23 to the 30th). the house we rented is by (i believe) sandbridge beach. just wondering where the best places to go would be. i'm looking for clubs, bars, lounges, pool halls, restaurants, etc. we're all 20 - 21 years old. i looked at vabeach.com and got a few ideas - is peabody's any good? thanks in advance - i need as many suggestions as possible.

by Jagermeister

Hi-

I spent a week last summer in Sandbridge/Va Beach. Sandbridge is a 100% family beach. There were no bars, clubs, etc, that I saw on the island. You can drive off the island to Va Beach's Boardwalk and its parallel streets for stuff to do. There are plenty of bars near the boardwalk. It was about a 20 to 30 minute drive to the Boardwalk from Sandbridge.

Sorry if this is news that you didn't want to hear.

by VABORN

Yep, Sandbridge is a distance (not too bad) but still away from the 'nightlife' of being at the beach. However during the day you can get some good volleyball time in on the beach with the locals; but nightlife - you'll have to drive back to VA Beach - - Peabody's is a good place for that. Have a great time.

by R&R

There are a ton of things to do in Va Beach but you have to learn to surf. The best place to go is Sandbridge, right where you are staying. If you already know how...GREAT, come to Surf & Adventure on Sandbridge Road. They rent boards too. You can also go to the Tiki Bar in Sandbridge! FUN place to hang out. The number for the surf shop is 800-695-4212.

Have a blast!
Renae

by Jingikan

The other replies are correct, Sandbridge is its own little community out in the middle of nowhere. It's a fun time if you want to hang out with your friends, but it's hard to get to the rest of Virginia beach (30 minute drive). Even the grocery store is 15 minutes away. There is a dive bar in Sandbridge that has drink specials/karaoke etc., which is good for one night, but not the whole week. I would recommend going to the strip at Virginia beach at least once or twice. There is some decent seafood on the strip: Mahi-Mah's is one of the better places, but it is expensive. If you want deli type food, go to the Jewish Mother. If you keep driving north - farther away from Sandbridge - you will get to Lynnhaven Fish House and Bubba's Crabhouse. Bubba's is much cheaper than the other options and very good. As far as bars, just walk the boardwalk and you'll find a bunch of OK places. If you are really feeling like a roadtrip, go to Bar Norfolk in downtown Norfolk, which will be about an hour from Sandbridge. I used to live in Virginia beach and enjoyed my time there. Have fun!

Comments