Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront
HIExpress.com Booking.com Travelocity

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo

Check out the Holiday Inn

Looked pretty nice, right on the boardwalk, clean. People were nice, no rooms at the inn, Shriners Convention and all. Not sure about the rooms, didn't stay here, but from the looks of the lobby, the room should be clean.

• bugalugs's Profile Photo

Right on the Beach

We stayed at the Holiday Inn for 4 nights. Accommodation good, fair sized rooms, very central.

Unique Quality: Indoor pool though not very large, shame that there wasnt an outdoor pool as well. Small Gym with about 4 aparatus. Laundry room with washers and dryers. Rooms had an iron.
    Also coffee making equipment and a small fridge.
    Usual things like tv and hairdryer.
    All rooms are facing the sea and have balconies with a table and two chairs.
    Restaurant although we never actually ate there.
    Car Park which is not big enough but they do have another car park on the block behind.

Directions: from Washington DC south (180 miles) on I 95, east on I 54, exit 284, I264 into Virginia Beach. As you reached Atlantic Avenue which is one road back from the beach/boardwalk, left at the traffic lights and the hotel is on the right hand side.

More about Holiday Inn Hotel Suites Surfside

Good Hotel

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Surfside in the beginning of August and it was a good overall hotel. The room was clean and the staff was helpful but we did have one problem. My son went out on the balcony and closed the door and then we couldn't get it open. We called the front desk and they sent someone right away and he ended up breaking the lock to get the door open but he fixed it within 15 minutes. The pool was small and not very good but the location of the hotel was very convenient. Overall I would recommend staying here if you are just looking for a clean decent place to stay.

Satisfied but not impressed with the Surfside

My family and my mom stayed in a 2-room suite in June, 2005. We were O.K. with the place, but not overly impressed. The refrigerator was very old and worn out looking around the seal -- kind of a turn off when I wanted to put my food in it. The freezer was so full of ice - must have never been defrosted - and we could hardly keep our ice packs in there to refreeze them. It looked like there was jelly from sticky fingers around the microwave buttons and handles and the fridge door. The windows to look out at the ocean needed washing for sure and the door between the rooms had something slopped on that should have been wiped off. On the flip side, the beds were clean and comfortable, the bathroom was clean enough to satisfy me (I am a little picky about those things), the floors and furniture were clean and the arrangement suited us very well. We had a television in each room and plenty of room to eat in if we wanted to. The front desk people were very friendly to us. The hotel restaurant had an extremely limited menu--wouldn't be able to recommend eating there. Housekeeping was a little slow. One day I came in from the beach at 3:15 and they were just getting in our room. My husband didn't like the fact that the linen/utility closet on our hall always had the door open and the cart of clean linens just sat in the hallway outside the closet/work area by the elevator the entire time we were there. Parking was very limited. If you weren't lucky, you had to go to an overflow lot. Pool was very small. Overall - O.K.

It's not like it used to be

I have been staying at this hotel for many years, I even wrote a great review last year, so of course I decided to stay here again. What a mistake I made. I rented a 2 room suite and when I first entered the room I knew I had to head to the nearest store to buy Lysol. I had 4 adults and 2 children in the room and they only had 3 towels. There were flying bugs in the room; the bed and furniture was dusty; the remote control for the tv did not work and when I asked for batteries the front desk acted like I was problem; the sofa bed was broken when we got ready to go to sleep, they had to hunt the hotel for rollaways; the drain in the shower was clogged, we told housekeeping, but they never fixed it; the refrigerator was full of old ice, it had not been defrosted; I went to the front desk to ask for a comment card and the manager on duty did not even ask if there was a problem or how was my stay. They now allow pets so there were dogs everywhere, barking and using the bathroom in the parking lot where people have to walk. I will definatley never go back!

Couples Retreat, It's Not

My wife and I went to this hotel to have a one night couples retreat complements of our childrens grandparents. We have stayed in many Holiday Inns and have had pretty good experiences with most of them. This was an exception. We reserved a King oceanfront room with a Jacuzzi tub for two and upon arrival found a foul odor in the room. We paid $270.00 for one night in this room and this room was no larger than a standard room. The room was not clean and we found the sliding glass door to the balcony broken off, the shower cold water supply lacking, the stopper in the bath sink inoperable. The pool in this hotel is a mere postage stamp in size so small we did not even think about going in. Any more than 6 people in this pool would be over capacity. The whirlool looked like it was ment for one person as any more than one person would be touching knees. Parking was tight and not plentiful although valet parking was available for a fee. If you did not get a space in front of the hotel, you had to park at a lot a block down.

For what we paid we expected allot better and also expected a well kept room. A value, this is NOT.

Clean rooms but management displays poor attitude.

Stayed five nights first week of August. Mixup with reservation upon arrival did not have two connecting rooms available. We were advised to check the next morning to see if we could be moved. Manager told me that nothing could be confirmed until after 11am check out time. Fine. After 11am, told to come back after 1pm. I did find out the room numbers and went upstairs to see if guests had departed. The answer was yes, rooms were cleaned and ready for occupancy at 12:30pm. Went back to service desk at 1pm and told to come back after 3 pm by a very nasty, spiteful manager on duty. When informed that I already went to 5th floor to see if rooms were ready, she called up to the floor and told me I still had to wait until 3pm.

Would never go back again!

Problems

The hotel was average overall .... we paid a premium price for ocean view and this is what we received ... small room -- not enough towels for a family ... coffee pot filthy .. was not cleaned from previous occupants .. the vending machines did not give change, the restaurant was the absolute worst -- I would fire the food manager immediately ... cooks filthy, cups filthy, food substandard and service even worse. Do not bother eating at this restaurant ... save your money... go elsewhere.

Good place, slow elevators.

We like being right on the beach. Easy to park and easy to get around town. The room was clean, the sofa bed was in good order, and the balcony overlooking the beach was nice (even though the glass door needs repair, hard to roll open or close). The pool is indoor and small, okay to rinse the salt and sand off from the ocean, however, the pool was closed for two days. We would stay here again in the future.

Comments