Holiday Inn Virginia Beach Executive Center Hotel

Great Value!

Costs Less than similar hotels

See Travelers Recommended Hotels

Stay somewhere else!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 6, 2010

My wife was attending a 4-day class being presented at the hotel so we booked a room there and I accompanied her. I won't list here all the problems that were experienced by the class but the instructors were dismayed at the poor conditions and will not use this location again.
As for our stay, the first night we noticed some small ants on the nightstand. It was late and we were tired so I told my wife I'd call the front desk in the morning. When I called I asked if maybe they could put out some ant-traps or something and I was told they would do that. When I returned to the room that afternoon I could see that someone had been there, but no traps were left. I also didn't see ants at the time so I decided to let it go. That night my wife awoke to ants crawling on her in the bed! I called again and was told a maintenance man would be up. When he arrived he saw the ants, all over the place, and said we would need to move to another room since all he could do was spray some insecticide. We moved all our things to another room and the a/c in that room was rattling loudly. I found that the front panel was about to fall off so I snapped it back into place and that helped enough for us to be able to sleep. After class the next day my wife said she would like to relax in the sauna and take a swim. The sauna was unusable....dirty, a broken doorknob, missing control knob, no heat.....and the pool was no better. The filter was not running, there was a film on top of the water, and the whole pool area was unclean and in disarray.
Parking was a problem at any hour of the day.
Upon checkout I informed the attendant that we had had some problems and that I wished to speak with management. He called for a manager and asked two other employees if they had seen him. No one had, and he never got a response. After about 15 minutes he took my phone number and said he would have the manager call me. He also ZEROED THE BALANCE and gave me a receipt showing this, and said that when we talked to the manager we could agree upon an adjustment. This was on 04-25-10. As of 05-06-10 we have not had a call from anyone despite our repeated calls to the hotel. Yet, sure enough, the entire balance has been debited from our bank account.
It's a shame.....I've always chosen Holiday Inn when possible, and recommended it, but this has been a shockingly poor example of customer service, on top of the problems we had which could have been prevented or resolved by normal maintenance.

Nearby Holiday Inn Virginia Beach Executive Center Hotel

Holiday Inn Virginia Beach Executive Center Hotel

• Virginia Beach Holiday Inn
  • Holiday Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Hotel Virginia Beach

Address: 5655 Greenwich Road, (formerly Holiday Inn), Virginia Beach, Virginia, 23462, United States

Amenities at Holiday Inn Virginia Beach Executive Center Hotel

• Shuttle Service
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Virginia Beach Travel Forum

Need advice about Virginia Beach, Virginia? Visit the Travel Forum for Virginia Beach and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Virginia Beach hotel reviews

Rent a Family Bike
Best All-time seafood
USED TO BE GREAT
Restaurants
Don't miss the best atmosphere at the beach!
Dont Go During Restaurant Week
Beware of underage obnoxiousness @ the Edge Bar
Nightlife
Daytrips in the Local Touring Area
Best Pasta on the Beach
After the Beach, Hit the Spa and Salon
Great Wine Bar
Restaurants
Don't waist your time or money here!!!
Local favorite