Homewood Suites Virginia Beach

5733 Cleveland Street, Virginia Beach, Virginia, 23462, United States
Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport
Orbitz.com Booking.com Expedia.com

More about Virginia Beach

hotels own much of the beachfronthotels own much of the beachfront

Dough Boys 24th street locationDough Boys 24th street location

Virginia BeachVirginia Beach

Virginia Marien Science Museum/AquariumVirginia Marien Science Museum/Aquarium

COLD WATER!!!

by simpsonland

My family and I are going to virginia beach on June 9th and because of the cold weather, we are afraid the ocean water will be too cold for the kids. Can anyone tell me if they have been there this time of year and what the water was like?

Re: COLD WATER!!!

by Jwoiv

I live near Va Beach and it has been cold. Ocean Temp right now is 60 degrees and by June 9 highest I would guess would be 65 max. The beach at Va Beach is wonderfuland most hotels have swim pools. With bikes to ride, kites to fly, and lots to see and do I still think you will enjoy Va Beach even if the water is a bit cold

Re: COLD WATER!!!

by TTilson

Greetings:

We spent a week at Tidewater Beach about 100 miles South of Va Beach.....I went in each day, was "cool" to start but then no problem.....The kids spent the day, 9-5 in the water.....I would say the temp was about 72 +.....Oh, that was 04/15/08....enjoy................

Travel Tips for Virginia Beach

Dive 'The John Morgan'

by ThatGuyB

This liberty ship sunk in 1943 was carrying a load of trucks, motorcycles, airplanes and tanks when it went down. These items along with a large amount of artiliery shells can easily be seen throughout the wreck and nearby on the sea floor. Be cautious though as the artillery shells are still live.

Go parasailing!

by tpangelinan

Try out parasailing at Virginia Beach, man this looks like fun, I to broken for this kind of activity. If you grab the broshures I spoke of in the general tips you will find a lot of place to choose from, I would not want to give any one because they are pretty much a seasonal thing so it's hard to say is they would be in operation year after year. Check the broshures for updated list and prices.

A Gem Among Garbage

by thecatsmeow about Mahi Mah's

Mahi Mah's was recomened to us by the handyman at our hotel. He said that a lot of the places right on the beach were garbage but Mahi Mah's was enjoyed by the local's. Not knowing what to expect and armed with our coupon from one of the many free magazines available we headed out. Mahi Mah's is actually located in the Ramada Inn on the beach and was just a few blocks from our hotel. From the outside it does not look like much but as we entered the restaraunt we noticed the great oceanview right away. Unfortunately we did not notice that the coupon we had was for a specific time frame. :( 11am to 2 pm. It was a buy one lunch item and get the second at half off. But it does not include specials. Well Monday through Friday they have $5 lunch specials. These include a free drink (non-alcoholic) They offer two diffrent selections each day. So Don had one and I had the other offering. It was a great meal! The nice thing is we were able to have a decent lunch for under $15. Not easy to do on the beach. But this restaurant is not all about a good lunch. We came back on our last night for a nice dinner with the newlyweds. Wow! The food and service was excellent! And just as our lunch was very inexpensive our dinner was not! But it was worth every penny. From the fresh steamed alaskan snow crab legs to the to the fresh sourdough bread. If you are looking for a great place for lunch or dinner this is a must.
Along with the weekday $5 lunch specials they also have an all you can eat breakfast buffet Monday through Saturday and a Sunday brunch. From 5-9 pm on Wednesdays they have what is called a cork night. I may have to check it out on my next trip. An award winning wine list with over 150 labels to choose from. I wonder if they have a sampler? :)
There is also outdoor entertainment throughout the summer. Check out the website for information. Lunch was very good. Don had a buffalo chicken wrap served with fries or potatoe salad and I had a monte crisco sandwich drizzled with strawberry sauce. Mine was served with a thick kettle style chip.
Dinner was started off with an appetizer of 1 lb of fresh steamed alaskan snow crab legs served with drawn butter $14.95
My dinner was the Longliner Platter which you can have either broiled or fried.
I had the broiled and it consisted of Mahi, Gulf Shrimp, Sea Scallops and a Backfin Crabcake served with seasonal vegetables and roasted potatoes. $26.95
Don had the Mah's Surf n Turf
8 oz. NY grilled steak served with thier Ultimate Crabcake, roasted potatoes and vegetables.$29.95
Payment Accepted: American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa and cash. The only downside is that they charged us a 10% tax on our dinner. It was still worth it!

More Ice Cream, Cool Stuff!

by tpangelinan about Dippin Dots Ice Cream

We LOVE Dippin Dots Ice Cream! It is a very different type of ice cream then what you think is normal, they are little tiny round balls of ice cream about the size of a tip of a ball point pin to an 1/8 inch. Very cool and fun to eat, also it is much less messy than regular ice cream and doesn't melt as fast. It's like fast frozen ice cream BB's. You gotta try it some time you won't be disappointed. They have a couple of locations in Virginia Beach, 1 at the amusement park on the boardwalk and the other at 910 Atlantic Avenue. So have some fun and try it!

Enjoy the Beach

by Goner

Virginia Beach has a lovely beach. A railed walkway runs along it's edge for several blocks. The restaurants along the walkway have large window seating which makes it an enjoyable dinning area, day or night. I'ts not unusual for the beach to loose it's sand, as it did in the hurricane this year, but the sand will be hauled in and the beach will be replaced to be enjoyed once more.

It's popular with the young crowd in the summer making it somewhat over populated.

Comments