Virginia Beach Hotels

Our Members Say

• Goner profile photo Goner
  • Reviews: 1128

Eagle Eyrie Baptist Conference Center: Our Respite from the Storm

Eagle Eyrie Baptist Conference Center is located on 400 peaceful, wooded acres in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, centrally located near Lynchburg, Virginia.

We left Virgina Beach when Hurricane Isabel made here appearance and we were fortunate to rent the Hoover Center at the conference center.

The Hoover Center is located on the property above the many lodges. It's a six-bedroom, 5-bath house sitting in the middle of a beautiful stand of trees with views ot the Blue Ridge Mountains. The house is designer decorated with a kitchen to die for. It's equiped with every conceivable appliance and a 50" screen TV with surround sound for entertainment. There's a pool and outdoor Jacuzzi and plenty of decking. The master bath has a large Jacuzzi tub and steam shower. An absolutely gorgeous house. If you ever have to escape a hurricane, this is the place to be. Besides this lovely house there are numerous lodges with bedrooms that sleep up to 14 people, these are rented out for $25/night per person.

• Related to: Family Travel
  • Written October 27, 2003

Hoover Center

• Goner profile photo Goner
  • Reviews: 1128

Sugar Tree Inn: Inn Among the Trees

We had a delightful 2-night stay at the Sugar Tree Inn. We rented a cabin down the hill from the main lodge hidden among the trees by a babbling brook (really). It's rustic with 2 bedrooms, a large dining area with fireplace. It's set apart from the the rest of the buildings and a great place for peace and quiet. This is a B & B and the breakfasts should not be missed. I suggest you sign up for the dining experience (wed-Sun) they had great food and wine, but you must make 24-hour advance reservations. Do try to drive here while it's still daylight - not the easiest place to find in the dark.

For prices and reservations visit their website listed below. (Weekends require a 2-night) stay.

Just outside Sugar Tree's door you can walk the nature trails or listen to the rushing creek. Five minutes away is the magnificent Blue Ridge Parkway which stretches along the mountain peaks. There are miles of vistas and great hiking, including the Appalachian Trail. There are rivers for canoeing and tubing, and bridle paths. Along the back roads of Sugar Tree Country you can explore nearby Crabtree Falls (the highest waterfall east of the Mississippi), Natural Bridge or Goshen Pass with its thousand-foot cliffs. Take time for antiquing, crafts and outlet shops. Don't miss the wineries (yes they make wine in VA) and the local delicacies that make this a special corner of Virginia.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: National/State Park, Family Travel
  • Written October 26, 2003

Sugar Tree Inn

• luckygamer profile photo luckygamer
  • Reviews: 1

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

La Quinta Inn Norfolk Virginia Beach: Adequate and Acceptable

We stayed here for the convenient access to the highway, and close proximity to Virginia Beach. It was a basic facility, but the rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. Despite the close highway access, we found the evening to be quiet and the area was populated with businesses and other hotels. Our requests for extra towels and a wake up call were graciously carried out by the housekeeping and front desk staff. The room was well kept, and everything was in good repair. The microwave and fridge in our room were handy for re-heating leftovers. I was surprised by the sheer curtains on the windows. It made me uncomfortable in the evening knowing that people could easily see into our room when the lights were on. The exterior doors did require use of the access key for entry; even during the day. This was somewhat reassuring.

This facility offered easy access to the highway. We were basically just interested in a good night's sleep and this fit the bill. The breakfast buffet included in the price of the room was convenient since we were pressed for time.

• Written September 22, 2004

• MrGQ profile photo MrGQ
  • Reviews: 147

Va Beach offers a wid range of...

Va Beach offers a wid range of accomdations. From resort style to B&B. In the summer time June-Aug prices more than double! So if you have a budget, try to visit before or after summer season. Other alternative is to Stay more inland like 30 minutes from the beach. Or .. lease a corporate condo. many appartment complex lease furnished appartment by the week. It might be cheaper than a hotel and still close enough to the beach! I have a place down here so I never really stayed at hotels here.

One of the ones I like is Clarion Resort and Conference Center. It is a resort with an awesome view and impressive service. But at a price. Peak season you might be looking at$160+/night!

• Opinion of Price:
  • Written September 8, 2002

• LeisaRN profile photo LeisaRN
  • Reviews: 4

Station One Hotel: Best oceanfront suites

Station One is a nice family oriented hotel with friendly staff. If is not a luxury hotel but is a nice and clean facility. I recommend this hotel to everyone going to Virginia Beach. It is centrally located on the strip and next to the lifesaving museum and a park with a stage that features many different kinds of musical acts during the summer. The price is great, especially if you call early in the year and request the Virginia Beach is for Lovers specials (good for families too). I paid about $99 a night and stayed the last week of June thru July 3.
This year the Lifeguard competition was held outside our hotel. What a great view from my balcony.

We have stayed at Station One for the past 8-9 years. It is an "all suites" hotel and every suite is oceanfront. There are 11 floors. The front of the hotel overlooks the city street and the back overlooks the Atlantic ocean. This is the roomiest suite I have ever stayed in. There is a bedroom with 2 double beds with new mattresses (very comfy). A bathroom with a tub/shower combination. And a living room/kitchen combination. There is a stove and oven, refridgerator, microwave, coffeemaker, toaster, and even the dishes and pots and pans are furnished. There is a sleeper sofa in the living room. There are 2 tvs. The living room has a private balcony overlooking the beach/ocean and board walk. There is an outdoor pool and jacuzzi on the 4th floor. There are washers and dryers on some of the floors. There is a sauna and exercise room. Parking is under the hotel in a garage.

• Related to: Beaches, Family Travel
  • Written July 19, 2004

Front View of Staion One

• Koreta profile photo Koreta
  • Reviews: 2

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Ambassador Suites: the worst ever

Went there in October 2006. I stayed there because all the other hotels near 21st were overbooked and i hadnt made reservations. I usually stay in Marjac Suites (the same owner), so they told me to go to Ambassador Suites. Uncomperable.
I payed for 3 nights in the beginning and then every morning for another day.
I work nights, sleep days.
1) The first morning housekeeper was banging on the door before 9am like she owns the place and im an intruder.
2) The morning after third night (when i thought i was going to leeve) front desk called at 10:40am and asked if im staying for another day. I said "yes" and that i was going to go downstair to make a payment when i wake up (usually about 2pm). 15 min later housekeeper was banging on the door again and told me i have to go and make a payment right away. (all this happened while i was half asleep) 20min later frond desk called again and i just got up, got dressed and went downstairs to pay for another night. Now it was 11:55am. As i got in the elevator there was the same housekeeper with a smile on her face telling me that there are cops comming upstairs. There were cops by the elevator downstairs ready to come up. As i asked whats going on receptionist with a smirk just took the money and i had to listen to police officer telling me how i have to either leave or pay at 11am.
3) During my 6 day stay my room was cleaned once.

• Related to: Beaches, Budget Travel, Family Travel
  • Written October 30, 2006

• Maples01 profile photo Maples01
  • Reviews: 45

The Colonial Inn: The Colonial Inn

About $120.00(US) a night during the Summer for an oceanfront room

Be sure to stay in an oceanfront room. There is an indoor and outdoor pool on the property. Good place to have breakfast since it is served till 11 AM at the cafe on the boardwalk. Hotel was just renovated, nice new furniture in the room.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written August 25, 2002
Tip Photo

• sexylady profile photo sexylady
  • Reviews: 56

While I lived in Va Beach,I...

While I lived in Va Beach,I rented a house very close to the beach and the main strip.There were 9 other girls with me so we were very lucky to get a house for the 10 of us.
I can't really remember,but for the house I was staying in I paid $100 average.Obviously the rooms in the motel are much cheaper( but the price does rise during high season such as 4th of July and Labour Day weekend).

Well if you stayed there last summer 2000,you would have had the pleasure of me and my friends cleaning your rooms (a job I truelly did not enjoy).other than that,the motel is very clean,hospitable and safe.As I said it is very centrally located so you don't have to walk far to get to the beach,bars ,restaurants and shops.

• Written August 25, 2002

• VBLady profile photo VBLady
  • Reviews: 2

ILoveVirginiaBeach.Com: ** New Virginia Beach Tourism Website ***

There's a new Virginia Beach tourism website(besides vbfun, and others) on the web. It's called http://www.ilovevirginiabeach.com Nice site with lots of information on upcoming events, lodging, attractions, and colorful photos. Check it out.

• Opinion of Price: N/A