Newcastle Hotel Virginia Beach

Newcastle Hotel
Orbitz.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Poor

• Beware

I booked a non-smoking room online. I recieved my confirmation by mail it stated that I had a smoking room. When I called to correct this, "Jeff" answered the phone and told me that non-smoking rooms were not even available on line and that I didn't "book" a non-smoking room, I just "requested" one. I could either "take it or leave it". He refused to cancel my reservation and told me that I needed to go back to the website to to do it. When I began to question this, he became very rude and called me a F***ing B*** and hung up on me. If this hotel allows the empolyees to speak to their customers this way, I cannot even imagine what a stay there would be like! If you want decent costumer service, go somewhere else!

Unique Quality: WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED!

• N_philly's Profile Photo

A Nice Place to Visit....

We stayed at the Newcastle Hotel the end of June 2004. It was our first trip there and it was very nice. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The other guest were also very friendly as well, each time we came in or our the elevators we were always greeted with a friendly face and pleasant conversation. I would recommend this place because as another VT member said, "you get the most for your money".

Unique Quality: They had great amenities such as Jacuzzi tubs depending on the room you choose it may be in the bedroom or in the bathroom ours was in the bath. They also had a small indoor heated pool which was most of the time crowded with many children & there families. They have fitness facility which I didn't get a chance to visit. They also had a guest laundry room which I used often. They had free 2 hour bike rentals every morning. Also they had a safe in every room, that was something I wasn't use to in other hotels. The thing I liked most was that all the rooms had an ocean view w/ a private balcony and It was located just steps from the beach.

Comments