3401 Atlantic Ave, Virginia Beach, Virginia, 23451, United States
Hotels.com Booking.com amextravel.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Ocean Beach Club

All Around Great Property!

by TripAdvisor Member FFWA

I stayed at the Ocean Beach Club Resort for two nights. January and February are pretty slow months in Virginia Beach, so I was able to get a very reasonable rate ($109/night for a one bedroom suite).
Wow! The rooms are amazing. A dining area for six people, a huge living room with flat screen TV, floor to ceiling windows in both the living room and bed room, a comfortable bed, a very well equipped kitchen, and a spotless bathroom. I travel quite a bit for business and this is one of the most pleasant resorts that I've stayed at.

The one drawback I could see is that the property does not currently have any bar or restaurant on-site. There are still under the 2nd phase of their construction though. A very short walk south are dozens of good restaurants.

I would suggest this resort to anyone who is traveling to Virginia Beach.

Beware of Noise

by TripAdvisor Member SleeplessTraveler

We just returned from a week at Ocean Beach Club Resort. While we had been informed that the Resort was under construction, we did not realize that the construction was actually going on right on the other side of your room walls. The outside wall on the existing building has been removed and the new tower is literally being connected to the existing building. Our first morning, we were jolted up out of bed at 4:00am by construction workers beginning their work. When my husband called the front desk, they said that there was nothing that they could do. They said that a manager would contact us in the morning - that never happened. The remainder of the week, construction began between 5:30 and 6:00am. The Resort is beautiful, but just beware that you will have to deal with construction noise in the early morning hours.

Highly recommend

by TripAdvisor Member dom_nique

Nice hotels are hard to come by in Virginia Beach. The Ocean Beach Club resort is more than nice- it's gorgeous. Everything about it is new, beautiful and modern: from the lobby, to the pool area to the rooms.
We booked our room through Orbitz.com and got a great rate. I had initially checked with the hotel's website where a one bedroom suite cost 150/night. The same suite was 109/night on Orbitz, so make sure you check there. The only downside is that you can't book oceanfront rooms online: you have to call the hotel directly and they're significantly pricier.
Our one bedroom suite (405A) was quite large. The bedroom is a bit on the small side with a queen bed, but adequate. The bathrrom was huge with a nice jacuzzi tub and double sinks. The living room was a good size with a huge L-shaped couch and a plasma screen TV. The kitchen was fully equiped and beautiful with hard wood floors and a dining table with 6 place settings. All in all, this was definitely the nicest hotel suite I've stayed in.
My only complaint is that the concierge called at least twice a day to make sure everything was to our liking. This seemed a little excessive to me and although I'm sure they mean well, I don't appreciate getting a call at 8:30 am after a late night out to see if I have everything I need.
If you're looking for a beautiful hotel in VB with a great location, book at the OBC- you won't be disapointed.

Exactly what I wanted!

by TripAdvisor Member myteeshi

My boyfriend and I had the most romantic, and peaceful stay! The rooms were very nicely decorated with very modern furniture. I loved the huge windows and since we got a room that was facing the water, we loved sleeping with our sliding glass door open to the balcony. The staff was very courteous and friendly. The hardwood flooring in the kitchen is nice and the huge jacuzzi tub (which we both fit in comfortably) was the icing on the cake! There was never a dull moment, whether we were out on the beach or taking a walk over to the local shops..(there is a starbucks in walking distance) we kept busy, but we also enjoyed time in our lovely room where we cooked dinner, rented a movie and sat on the balcony just watching the waves roll in. I highly recommend this resort. I look forward to my next visit!

Not what it was cracked up to be

by TripAdvisor Member phxtrvlagt

We just came back from a week stay and we were VERY disappointed. I would not even remotely classify this as
a resort property. There was NOTHING to do on-site. The
pool was closed. We had to walk 1/4 mile to a pool. They
should not call themselves a resort until they at least meet
the minimum requirements.

At most time-share properties you have a variety of amenities
to choose from.

Try this property in a few years and maybe it will be ok. In the
meantime I would recommend anyplace else.

Rooms are OK. Just basic, although the in-room jacuzzi was nice. Staff was not very helpful. Kitchen utinsils very basic, I had to buy a pan to bake a cake.

Over all, it was a BIG let down.

Great Rooms... not so great staff

by TripAdvisor Member ncreviews

My husband and I recently stayed at OBC during the really bad storm that hit VA beach. The room was great - flat screen TV and all... The staff however was not as great. The front desk person at check in was rude, and seemed bothered that we were even there. I've stayed in some not as nice hotels that have great staff and it always seems to balance out - it was a shame that they don't have that going for them, because it's a really beautiful hotel.

Pros:
Big room!
Kitchen - stocked with plates/bowls/pot/pan
Flat Screen TV
Clean

Cons:
It takes about 15 min to get hot water, the first night we were there it was about 30 min of running the water. They told us it was because there were not enough people on the floor we were staying.

The toilet is the loudest flush I've ever heard - it will wake up every one in the room.

They charge a dollar a day for a safe, even if you don't use it.

No extras at all - no pool, fitness room, or ocean front rooms if you are not an owner.

Staff is unfriendly.

Overall - I'd stay again at a good rate just for the really nice room.

Stay somewhere else

by TripAdvisor Member AbbeyVegas

This "resort" lacks standard ammenities, and is currently under going construction of a second tower that makes the stay incredibly unpleasant. I would avoid this resort at the very least until construction is complete and then only with the hope that ammenities are part of the improvement.

Construction workers woke us up every morning in the 5am hour with the sound of all of their machines in addition to all of their hollering. At one point I even had a construction worker hanging right outside my window on scaffoldng (I was on one of the top floors). There is no food on site - the nearest being a block walk down the street, and the food there is gross. The vending machines are only located on a few floors, and you have to play a guessing game as to which ones work. You at least get to see several floors that way. Several items in the room didn't operate correctly, and if you need your car from valet late at night - you get an unpleasant attitude.

The good news - the rooms are clean.

Beautiful Place - March 11-15,2007

by TripAdvisor Member teacherHouston

The resort is gorgeous, and I'm glad we stayed there. We traded through our time-share (Int.Int.) and others reviews helped us to decide to stay here. It is new with a great kitchen (small but granite counter tops and full size frig., stove, etc.). Nice couch with two chairs and flat screen TV. Beautiful marble bathroom with seperate dressing area and nice bed with flat screen in a large armoir.
This is a time-share, so we did do the "tour" but got $200 cash. Ofcourse we said no- we already own in Aruba.
Our room faced the ocean and had a GORGEOUS view. We slept with the door open and went to sleep with the waves.
Pool was closed due to off-season. It faces the beach, pretty - but a little small. I am sure it would be crowded during th summer.
It is the off-season, so a lot of stuff is closed. It was chilly outside the first couple of days, but beautiful weather. Very windy on the beach.
Dined at Catch 31. Upscale dining but reasonably priced for upscale place. ($130 for two with drinks) Great atmosphere and food was very good.
The town has a mix of people. From higher end older folks- to business travelors- to the military - and to many young "alternative/goth" people on the street. We felt safe, and we were glad to have great drink specials at the local bars.
However, the "boardwalk" is nothing like that of Ocean City, N.J.
Since it is dry there and very expensive to live, you can feel the difference.
Here, you just walk up and down (ride bikes) and see the hotels or the hotel bars on the boardwalk. The shops are in front of the hotels (street side). There is also just a few rides, not like the rides at the boardwalks in N.F. - no matter which one you go to in N.J. If your kids have been to other boardwalks, they may be disappointed here. If your kids are older - we hear the summer is filled with great bands and great firework displays.
I would totally love to stay here again and try this place in the summer. This place looks like the best on the whole boardwalk!!!!

Loved our time there!

by TripAdvisor Member chkeens

After reading most of the reviews, we were a little hesitant to stay there (especially with 3 young children) however plans had already been made. I'm glad we read the reviews after making arrangments or we may have missed out on a wonderful stay! We had a beautiful 2 bedroom suite with an awesome view. The staff were all very kind and helpful! We didn't couldn't hear the construction unless the balcony door was open. Even then it wasn't annoying. We can't wait to go back and are looking forward to the day the construction is complete! In fact, our parents went there just this past week and also had a wonderful time! What a great stay!

Very, very nice!

by TripAdvisor Member Vees

We stayed at the beginning of the peak season (Memorial Day weekend).
This was our 2nd yr there, we own a 2-bedroom suite wk 21. Check-in time is 5PM but they accomodated us soon after we arrived, around 2PM. Staff was very courteous and friendly. Rooms are very nice and clean. One room did smell of smoke so they switched us and provided another room odor-free. The plasma flat-screen TV is very nice but you can't watch a DVD on it. Only the TVs in the bedrooms have a DVD player. You only get 1 towel exchange for the week unless you pay $2 extra per set. Elevators are a bit slow (when it's busy; during check-in/out) but they are currently adding 2 more and should be complete aroung Aug/Sep. '07 Phase II is under construction and that building will have an indor/outdoor pool that connect, another tiki bar, and a fitness room. Once Phase II is completed, Phase III will begin and between those 2 building there will be a water park for resort guests only. Full kitchen w/ coffe maker that you can program so when you wake up you have fresh coffee. Also, there is complimentary coffee (Seattle's Best) by the pool every day. We upgraded from city view to ocean view for next year and can't wait to return, the ocean view rooms have balconies which you could open and sit on plastic chairs and enjoy the view (which is much nicer that the city view). The bathrooms are very adequate, the master one has 2 sinks and a jetted tub and is quite roomy. The L-shaped sofa in the living room pulls out into a sleeper although we didn't need to. The decor is a very modern Key West - style with lively colors and music in the lobby and poolside. The lobby is beautiful w/ several flat-screen plasma TVs and beautiful flower arrangements throughout. The pool is a bit small for that size resort but once all 3 phases are complete there will be 4 pools in all; 3 outdoor & 1 indoor.

There is internet access but a $4.95 daily fee applies. I think it should be included at no extra fee.

All in all we had a great time and luckily for us the weather was beautiful... the ocean is a little too cold for me this time of the year but the pool is heated. We saw dophins swimming about a hundred yards off the beach which was a treat. Located on 34th street is known as the "High End" of Va. Beach and is not as crowded as the lower street numbers. The garage is across the street but if you have an extra car, a $5 fee will be charged daily. The resort keys are very sensitive so keep them away from other credit cards and cell
phones otherwise plan on making a few trips to the front desk like we
had to. There's always plenty to do, and 31 St. always has a band playing music, which is 3 blocks away.

Life-saving Breeches BuoyLife-saving Breeches Buoy

Fort Monroe Sally PortFort Monroe Sally Port

Noel & Tiffany enjoying some Arcade actionNoel & Tiffany enjoying some Arcade action

Red Lightship behind bulkhead from Elizabeth RiverRed Lightship behind bulkhead from Elizabeth River

Best place to live in VB?

by alizah

I hope to be moving to the VB area this fall and I'm wondering about the area,
best places to live, work, sail, birdwatch, meet interesting, funny, intellectual people.

by hiflya

Try the area just north of Rudee Inlet - from 5th St north there are a lot of small houses very close to the beach to consider.

by bygote

So I'm also going to this aerea in June, I'm french and if you have some informations, could you please tell me? I'll do the same if I 'll have some!
Thanks

RE: RE: Best place to live in VB?

by hiflya

Virginia Beach is really nothing more than a beach - you'll see some other to do that aren't hard to find, put-put etc.
Day trip to Williamsburg maybe, or the Marine Science Museum.

by lmclaughlin1216

Its a nice enough beach but I am not sure its worth moving to - at least I wouldnt and we will try to leave when the kids get out of high school.

But if youre coming for other reasons, it is a nice enough place - Virginia Beach is a lovely beach with nice restaurants.

Living? Are you talking own or rent? Someone mentioned small houses near the beach - there is some gentrification going on but alot of those places are sleazy. Alot of homeless descend onto Virginia Beach in the winter when the prices go down - some of them seem to stay in the cheap hotels a couple of blocks away from the beach.

Jobs? Depends on what you do. Not alot of industry here. Its primarily a military area- mostly support services after that.

If I was picking a place, I would try the Ghent area of Norfolk - lots of people are moving into that area. Lovely harbor - area starting to come alive.

Comments