Ocean Sands Resort And Spa Condos

Ocean Sands Resort
Travelocity Orbitz.com Expedia.com

More about Virginia Beach

Steamed musselsSteamed mussels

Giovanni's at the beach on many strip at beachGiovanni's at the beach on many strip at beach

almost homealmost home

Virginia Beach view from our hotel, Colonial InnVirginia Beach view from our hotel, Colonial Inn

by tadeagle

What is the phone number to Angelo's and George's on Atlantic Ave. and or Ocean Front.

RE: Restaurants near Norfolk Airport/Hampton road,Also, how far is Ocean Front Blvd or Atlantic Ave.

by balfor

Hmmm.... it has been some time since I've been to that neck of the woods. I was just perusing the region as I will be there for a couple of days this weekend.

The airport is about 10-12 miles from Virginia Beach, but on one end of the airport is Little Creek Amphib base which is on the bay.

As for restaurants, there are a ton of restaurants just a little south of the airport on Military Highwy and 264 by the mall. (one of my favorites there is in a hotel there called The Grate Steak. They have HUGE steaks that you cook yourself over a monster charcoal grill.)

RE: RE: Restaurants near Norfolk Airport/Hampton road,Also, how far is Ocean Front Blvd or Atlantic

by Care824

Sadly, the one on Military Hwy is the only remaining Grate Steak. The one on the peninsula closed not long ago.

Angelo's by the Sea - (757) 425-0347

George's - I assume you mean Captain George's - (757) 428-3494

My absolute favorite seafood restaurant is Steinhilber's [(757) 340-1156]. It's tucked back in a neighborhood off Virginia Beach Blvd. just down from Princess Anne H.S. They have _the_ best fried shrimp I've ever had in my life. It may sound like an exaggeration, but it really isn't. They also have other fish and beef dishes that are excellent.

And I don't know how I missed out on this before, but I just had their cheesecake for the first time a few weeks ago. Not the regular cheesecake (they have two on the menu), but the one imported from NYC. It was just as smooth and rich as one could hope for in cheesecake. No chocolate or fruit sauces needed, it would be a shame to cover up the flavor of this cheesecake. I don't get up to NYC very much, so this was a nice treat.

Travel Tips for Virginia Beach

Leave the local teens alone!

by xlindsaylunaticx

Okay, I hate to sound mean or anything, but this is true. A lot of people my age [ages 15-23] don't like being heckled by tourist. Living in a highly touristy spot, we realy hate to be bothered by people who aren't locals. So if you see a young person, don't ask them for directions to somewhere, 98% of the time, we'll send you the wrong way. Also, at VA Beach, there are a lot of 'punks' who look very...offbeat. Don't stare at us, you won't like the response. I'm writing this out of experience.

First Landing State Park

by Winch

Hiking, biking and beaching. One of the gems of the Virginia park system, First Landing stretches from the beach to the salt marshes. Learn about nature from a ranger at one of the daily programs, fish the bay, explore secluded trails or just relax in your 2BR cabin.

As much as you can eat!!!

by bugalugs about Golden Corral

We stopped at this restaurant on our way to pick up our son and his friend after playing golf. We had never heard of this chain before. Its not posh or anything, but my goodness, its really cheap.
We paid $16.90 for two buffet meals and a drink each.
The choice of food was good, and you could eat as much as you wanted.
We only had a main course and my husband had a dessert.
People were having three courses, and going back for 2nd's, 3rd's etc.
The waitress came and gave you a stack of plates to keep on going back for more! We were amazed by it all.

Well of course it Dough Boy's...

by sexylady

Well of course it Dough Boy's Pizza restaurant on 17th street and Atlantic.The best pizza's and pasta dishes in Virgina beach,(and I'm not only saying it because I worked there :) )
Well there are a wide range of pizza's,pasta's and for those who don't fancy italian there's burgers and fries.There is a guy who dresses up and comes into the restaurant to entertain,so at least it might keep the kids quiet.They also give the kids a surprise with their meal.In almost all guide books there are coupons for this restaurant.And for the girls ,there is a really cute chief called Parker working there(tell him one of his Irish friends recommended him ).He's a good friend,nice guy!! You have to try the breadsticks as a starter ,sssssooooooo mouth watering and they are cheap too.I can guarantee you will ask for a second helping.If I could have brought one food item back to Ireland it would have been this,mmmmm

Regents University

by Goner

On the campus of Regents University you can join a live audience of “The 700 Club.”

There are guided tours of the CBN Studio Headquarters Building on weekdays which include a look at CBN’s studios and Regent University. “The 700 Club” and other programs are seen in 60 countries.

Take exit 286B off I-64 East at Indian River Rd. in Virginia Beach. For seating and schedule, call 226-2745.

Comments