Quality Inn & Suites Oceanfront Virginia Beach

705 Atlantic Ave 8th St & Atlantic Ave, Virginia Beach, Virginia, 23451, United States

Quality Inn & Suites Oceanfront
Quality Inn Hotels.com Expedia.com

• Great Oceanfront Pool

I stayed there last year during the Neptune Festival, and am going back this month. I thought the hotel was a very good value for the price. It's not 5 star by any means, but is clean, in a great location, nearly every room has an ocean view, and it is one of the only hotels with a pool directly on the boardwalk....you stand at pool's edge and look right out onto the beach. The morning continental breakfast was not spectacular - cereal and bagels. I would highly recommend this to any value-oriented traveler wanting to enjoy all Virginia Beach has to offer.

Unique Quality: The hotel is shaped like a horseshoe, with all rooms facing the ocean and the pool. In the afternoons, the hallways on the west side can get a bit warm, but the temperature inside the rooms is perfect. Most nights you can sleep with the sliding door to the balcony open - except when there are special event bands playing - which can keep you up late.

Directions: On the southern end of the boardwalk

More about Quality Inn & Suites Oceanfront Virginia Beach

Couldn't ask for a better hotel experience!!!!!

First time to VA Beach and so impressed with this hotel. The staff was SUPER friendly, free breakfast was an added bonus, the parking was good, and the suite was clean and spacious. Great first visit!! Will come again!!!

Nice ocean view. Great value offseason

This is a decent, clean hotel with a nice location, and every room with a view of the ocean. Off-season, I believe it may be the best value in the area. On-season, prices are several times higher, and I don't know if it's worth that or not.

Room for improvement!

by TripAdvisor Member pilatesgirl

We stayed at this hotel one night on February 26, 2005. Hotel was OK overall, but two things really bothered me about this hotel. The parking situation is horrible, compared to the parking available at other hotels in the area. The parking for hotel guests is in a parking garage across the street from the hotel. There is a small pick up/drop off area in front of the hotel, but we found the area to be full of cars when we were trying to get our luggage unpacked from the car. Although the hotel lists a bellman as an amenity on their website, we never saw one, nor were we offered one when we asked the front desk clerk if we could take the luggage cart over to the parking garage. We dragged the luggage cart over there and then back across a fairly busy street. We did the same thing when we checked out, just in reverse, as the pick up/drop off area was full again.
Also, the indoor pool is actually in a separate building across the street from the hotel, and this information is not mentioned on the website. My three kids and I walked over there only to find that you need a special code to enter the pool area, so we went back over to the hotel to get the special code. This was in 40 degree weather. We had the pool all to ourselves (not a big surprise considering the hassle). The pool in one area is 8 feet deep, which made me kind of nervous having small children with me, although I think there was a phone to use for emergencies. I thought the 8 foot depth was a bit unusual for a hotel pool. In this same building that houses the pool, there must be some sort of lounge or nightclub, as we listened to very loud music coming from the room next door. Also, the windows of the pool area sit right on a busy street, so we had teenagers walking by and banging on the windows and yelling at us. Otherwise, the hotel could use some updating and the elevators are located down a narrow hallway, which required some manuevering to get the luggage cart through. Would recommend staying somewhere else unless you have very little luggage and have no use for the indoor pool.

Love the Quality INN

This hotel was very exciting to stay in because of its rooms and the leisure facilities inside of it. The rooms especially were very good and just the hotel itself was very nice. This was probably the best and only hotel i will ever stay "inn"!!!! thanks

Remember, this is the beach.

The reason this only gets four "stars" is because nothing gets five, IMHO. You get five if I check in, everything is perfect, and upon checkout you tell me the room is free -- just because you like me as a customer. If that is what you expect from a hotel then you won't find that here. (Please tell me if you DO find that somewhere.)

What you will find is a decent, clean, on-the-beach hotel with basic amenities. Most of the hotels on Atlantic Avenue are relatively old structures. Some are maintained better than others. I'd rate most of them as average in this regard and Quality Inn is no exception. Remember, this is the beach. These places get hit HARD by families, college kids, and some very rowdy people. It is a constant battle to keep the facilities in good shape when they are abused by the clientele 24/7 from Memorial Day until Labor Day.

With that said, if you expect too much you won't get it. Prices are high. Off season they are better, but between Memorial Day and Labor Day they are high. They are at every hotel. This is the beach. People will pay it so they will charge it. I would expect a much nicer room and hotel for $250 a night in DC, but you have to realize you're paying for being on the beach -- not for a five-star room.

If you reserve an ocean-view room you face the ocean. If not, you face the pool (with a view of the ocean). Some rooms open up to the pool deck -- if you're on the first floor. The rooms aren't huge. If you have a lot of people it will be tight. The sofa bed (if you have one) is uncomfortable. Make your kids sleep on it! Internet access is wireless. They'll let you borrow a USB wireless adapter with a deposit. It wasn't working last time I was there, but it was the time before. I called tech support; they said they would fix it. They didn't. Oh well. It didn't affect my enjoyment.

Parking is across the street. The front loading/unloading area of the hotel is small. If you're from a big city you're used to this. If not, don't block the road trying to get in. Have some patience -- there are a lot of people coming and going. The pool is nice -- maybe a little small. There's a heated one across the street. Personally, I never use either. There's a really, really BIG pool just across the boardwalk at the end of the beach -- the Atlantic Ocean.

There is lots to do and see and lots of stuff going on. This, of course, makes it noisy. There's a noise ordinance in Virginia Beach, but that won't stop your noisy hotel neighbors from partying in their room until the wee hours of the morning. I'm not saying don't complain to the front desk if someone is disturbing you -- just don't be surprised. Again remember, this is the beach. You have to expect that sort of stuff. There is live music playing until around 11PM, and people walk along the boardwalk until the bars and restaurants finally shut down a few hours later. This hotel is on the south end of the boardwalk which is a bit less noisy, but if you expect a nice, quiet, relaxing vacation on the beach try out some of the resorts on Sanibel or Captiva Island, FL. They have nice, quiet, private villas you can rent -- and are a lot more expensive.

Some of the things that are important to me were done right and that's why this place gets four "stars." They kept my reservation and for the correct room type. They had the correct rate. They were courteous and efficient. They are handling a lot of people during the peak season so cut them some slack if you don't feel you're getting the 100% attention and personal service you deserve. They don't get paid a lot and are busy. That's not an excuse, just a fact. Yeah their website does say bell service, and I didn't see anyone to take my bags. Of course, all it would take is one rude customer remark and I'd quit my $6.25/hr job and head for the beach too. Who knows.

Oh yes, and sand gets everywhere. Remember, this is the beach.

Great family hotel

Choosing a hotel sight unseen for a lenghty stay is a litttle nerve wracking. We chose the Quality Inn & Suites after reading other reviews but still had a little trepidation. We were in Virginia Beach for a dance competition and turned it into a family vacation. We stayed at the hotel for one week. Some in our group stayed at the Quality with us while others chose different hotels on the boardwalk. After comparing hotels I can honestly say we got the best deal. Yes, the room rate is pricey. I still can't believe how much we were charged. The rooms are small with the exception of the 4 suites they offer. And yes the rooms need to be updated. But the friendly staff & family atmosphere make up for some of the negatives. The drop off area out front is small, but we were able to drop off & pick up with little hassle. The parking is across the street, but we discovered most hotels on the oceanfront have parking elsewhere. We also did not use our car much as we were on the trolley line & used that to get around the strip. The indoor pool is across the street but you are given a security code to get in when you check in and it is one of the largest indoor pools on the boardwalk. The staff is constantly stopping by the re-stack towels and clean. There is also a lovely outdoor patio by the indoor pool to sit and relax at. The outdoor pool is also one of the largest on the boardwalk. We discovered some of our friends staying at other hotels on the boardwalk did not even have an outdoor pool. Every afternoon snacks were served by the outdoor pool for guest - popcorn & lemonade, snocones, ice cream, cookies. We even had a family movie night at the pool - "Sharktales" - and snacks were served. Bike rental was right on our premises - another plus. The beach was easily accessable from our hotel. We were able to hear live music at night from a bandstand near our hotel. The staff always had a friendly word and Howard the manager went out of his way to help us when we tried to put together a "pizza party" for our daughters dance team. This is a great family hotel to stay at. I would definatley stay here again despite the price.

Quality Famil Hotel

This is the 2nd time we have stayed here, it is a very nice family oriented hotel. Will stay there again. It is located at the south end of atlantic avenue, in the more family part of Virgina Beach.

Great deal.

by TripAdvisor Member madison122

I stayed at the Quality Inn and Suites Oceanfront in mid-November and I thought it was a great deal for the price. I had a partial oceanfront room, that had a fridge and microwave. The room was clean, and the staff was friendly. They served continental breakfast every morning in a room overlooking the ocean and boardwalk. The hotel restaurant (Chix) had a a nice bar for going out along with reasonable food and drink prices. The location on the beach was close to other restaurants/shopping. I would definately stay here again.

Couldn't have asked for more!

by TripAdvisor Member dianaf12

I stayed at this hotel with my boyfriend and another couple for a long weekend in July of 2005. After our 12 hour drive to Virginia Beach, we were happily greeted with smiling faces and a quick and easy check-in. We parked our car in the parking garage across the street where it safely remained during our stay.
Our rooms were clean, spacious, and cozy. My only complaint would be that although we requested non-smoking rooms, our room smelled strongly of cigarettes when we got there. However, once we opened up the balcony door and let it air out for a while, the odor was gone.
The view from the baclony is breathtaking; you can watch the people down at the pool and on the boardwalk as well as enjoy the splendid views of the beach.
Breakfast was included, so each day we got to choose from an assortment of bagels, toast, cereal, muffins, etc.
The pool area is lovely with plenty of places to sit and soak up the sun. The pool did get rather over-crowded with children at times, but this is a family hotel, so what can you expect?
The beach access is great. Simply walk across the boardwalk and you are on the beach.
This hotel is close to all the shops and restauants of the area. Some places are more of a walk, but when you can choose from walking along the strip or the boardwalk, who minds walking?
I strongly recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for great service and an overall great place to stay. We will definitely come back to this hotel!

Comments