Residence Inn By Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront

Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

More about Residence Inn By Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront

Fantastic Property

by TripAdvisor Member myoungs

I used my Marriott points to take my family on vacation. This is a fantastic property right on the beach. Great location, great boardwalk and fantastic staff. Don't worry about elevators as they are fast. Get to the breakfast early. You cant go wrong with this property and the wonderful staff they have working the front desk. The girsl and Chris were very friendly. I stay at a lot of properties as a gold member and this was great. the kids (12 & 14) thought the boardwalk was the coolest thing. Enjoy!

Once again - Great Stay

by TripAdvisor Member Travelmom29

My husband and I, along with our children (12 and 9) just stayed for the second time in less than 7 months. Once again, the staff proved to be TOP notch, extremely helpful and professional. The hotel was new on our first stay, and had a few minor kinks to work out - but now is running smoothly with top management! The parking lot is small, but the valet service is perfectly efficient. Yes, you cannot sit on the balcony while the A/C is running due to the heat of the exhaust fan, and that is a shame - but the view from the bedroom is really the better view, you can lie down!!!! Breakfast service was much better than our last stay, all items were fresh and quickly replaced and rarely did we wait for the staff to replenish. Maid service was a little slow (after 3pm every day). The pool is small and indoors, but you go to the beach, to go to the beach! The hotel is within walking distance of great restaurants (Jewish Mother, Tautogs, RockFish, Catch 31) to name a few, lots of great music in nearby bandstands, the post office, convenience stores, etc.... A real great addition to the Va Beach boardwalk!

# 1 hotel at the beach

by TripAdvisor Member samdouros

We have stayed at many hotels in Virginia Beach and across the country, this is the BEST hotel we have ever stayed at. Thank You Tony Parrow and Staff for your "outstanding service"! Sam & Patti

Awesome! (Just don't tell anyone this is our secret.)

by TripAdvisor Member jumbonav

This hotel is all about location, views and customer service. They offer complimentary breakfast, complimentary valet parking, and manager's evening social with snacks/pizza etc. All rooms have a balcony overlooking the Atlantic Ocean beach. Large suite rooms, free internet access, I could go on...

Great place to stay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member kemba2006

we go to virginia beach for over a week every fall during the neptune festival. last year we decided to try a new place since our "usual place" was becoming less than wonderful. we spent a few hours the day after season ended looking at several hotels and rooms. we loved the fairfield inn & suites but unfortunately found out that they were already booked for our dates the NEXT YEAR!!!!!! Luckily I stumbled on to the marriott residence inn and took a chance and booked for ten days. What a great place!!!!!!! staff was very friendly and helpful. the room was beautiful and spacious. very tastefully decorated (ok, they could nix the little silk flower thing) and clean. didn't cook once but what a great looking kitchen. the little breakfast buffet every morning was nice. great oceanfront view from both rooms. can't say enough nice about this place. only two minor complaints- not nearly enough parking(there is complimentary valet) and balcony a little small and noisy from air conditioner vent to outside. have to turn air off to enjoy the sounds of the waves. definitely will return !!!!!!!!

Helpful polite staff, very nice rooms

by TripAdvisor Member GboNC

Planning a family get-together and finding a place that works for everybody can be a challenge. Our priorities were suites, guaranteed oceanfront view, and cleanliness. With the Residence Inn we got that and more. The staff went out of their way to provide for the senior citizen in our group, and were unfailingly friendly and helpful. Our rooms were clean and attractive, and the beds extremely comfortable. The location is great and valet parking just a minor inconvenience. I'd definitely stay there again ...

Awesome Views

by TripAdvisor Member zeetraveler

Had an extra weeks vacation and decided to head down to the beach for a week was debating between staying at oceans beach club or residence inn, chose the residence inn and I was not disappointed a beautiful one bedroom suite with a full kitchen sofa with desk and chair but the best part of it all was the view from my floor absolutely awesome this is the first time I have seen a view from the bedroom beat out the balcony view. I brought my puppy lucky with me he enjoyed walking on the beach I was so pleasently suprised to see a marriott property open there doors to mans best friend. this was a lovely hotel breakfast was o.k great customer service I would highly recommend this hotel.......

Watched dolphins from our room!

by TripAdvisor Member Cessnagirl

Can't recommend this Marriott enough! My husband and I spent two nights in Virginia Beach, and were completely taken care of. The staff was not only friendly, but made a point of addressing each guest by name. The breakfast choices were excellent, the suite was clean, & roomy and the view from our room was incredible ... watched dolphins swimming by each day, and saw naval & merchant ships on the ocean horizon. Used the full kitchen to cook our own dinner the second night there, and found everything we needed. Although we did our own grocery shopping, we noticed that the staff there will gladly do it for you if you give them your list! I honestly can't think of anything this hotel could have done to make our stay any better! If you go, say hi to "T.J." who works the afternoon shift at the desk ... you'll love her!

Truly felt like a resident at Residence Inn

by TripAdvisor Member Hippymac

We just left this hotel on yesterday and we truly enjoyed our stay there. The hotel was very clean and we had a beautiful oceanfront view of the beach. However, the only problem that I experienced was with the rude kitchen staff employee. One of the kitchen staff employees who was stocking the breakfast buffet was very rude and she was always on guard patrolling the waffle batter. She was acting like we were in her kitchen. I think she forgot that the breakfast was for the hotel guest because she was acting very stingy. I would have given the hotel an excellent rating if it wasn't for her. The front desk staff was superb. They were helpful and always so polite. Although, the parking lot was small they were very accommodating withe the valet service. They treated us like we were extended family members and not hotel guest. I would stay at this hotel again.

Best Hotel Experience

by TripAdvisor Member Luvtravel

We stayed at the Residence Inn for 2 nights after Christmas 12/26- 12/28/06, and had the absolute best hotel experience. This is one of the smallest ( Room size) Residence Inn I have stayed, but it is very clean, with endless amenities. It does sit on the beach, but the most wonderful aspect of this hotel is the Staff. These are the most friendliest , courteous , hotel employees I have ever had the pleasure to encounter. We arrived very late, around 1:00am , and the young man at the desk greeted us warmly, parked our car, and responded to our request for extra towels almost immediately. The Front desk staff were helpful with restaurants and attractions, and really every request. Their complimentary breakfast was nice and the evening barbecue/ manager reception were nice touches. We had reservations to visit another hotel in Williamsburg on the last leg of our winter vacation, but I honestly did not want to leave this great little hotel. Thanks Tripadvisor, another great find thanks to your reviews!!!

Comments