Schooner Inn

Rank 22 of 126 hotels
in Virginia Beach
Terrible (1.0 out of 5.0) 2 reviews

What an experience

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 11, 2012

Hello, me and my family recently tried to stay at your hotel, the Schooner Inn, on the Virginia Beach oceanfront.
I am completely disappointed with the whole experience and can not believe the way people are treated by your staff.
We started calling the hotel to make a reservation at approximately 8:00 AM, the first time i called a lady answered the phone and said she would transfer me, i stayed on that line for about five minutes before my phone started beeping in my ear. I called back repetitively with no answer, so in between 9:00 AM and 10:00 AM we finally decided to go to your hotel and see what was going on, now please understand that already we were upset due to no one answering the phones for a full hour. When we arrived at the hotel there was a lady at the front desk who seemed to be pretty polite and seemed to know what she was doing, we gave her our payment and information and she told us we could come back at 2:00 PM and check in. When we arrived back at the hotel at 1:30 PM she told us that there would be no room ready until 2:00 PM, which was understandable and we waited for another thirty minutes until 2. When we came back at 2:00 PM the same lady told us that she did not have any rooms ready and that we could go wait at the pool until there was a room ready. We sat at the pool, and waited until 4:00 PM. At this time we were extremely frustrated, because we thought we were going to be able to check in at 2:00 PM. When we arrived in the office at 4:00 PM there was many families in the lobby of your hotel, most were complaining about the same things we were. When we finally got to the front desk at 4:30 there was a different lady at the front desk, who greeted us rude and unprofessional, she told us in the most rude voice possible that there were no rooms ready. We asked her why there wasnt a room ready and why we were told we could check in at two. She promptly told us that we were "running our mouths" and she was going to refund us our money and we could get out of "her" hotel. I could not believe what i had heard. We tried to ask her when there would be a room available, and she continued to tell us how we were not welcome there. I Immediately requested to speak to a manager, and the lady told me that there was no manager. I couldn't believe this, so i asked for a number and her name and she handed me a business card and mumbled something that sounded to be Carol-Anne. I have stayed at the Schooner inn hotel for a very long time, my parents honeymooned at your hotel, and I honestly dont think me or my family will ever come to your hotel again. I will be calling everyone I can call and Emailing everyone i can email until i get a response and this is resolved.
Thank you.

RUN AWAY

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 3, 2010

When I booked it I was not afraid of the location. When we opened the door the smell of smoke almost knocked you down! When we called the front desk they said they are a smoking hotel. WHAT!?? No matter how many candles you burn the smell does not go away. it is coming out of the air condition. If that is what you call it. I called about the AC not going below 81 and was told that it is motion detector and will only work when you are in the room. I said I dont walk around while I am sleeping. Anyway, all of us got stuffy noses and eye swelling from the smoke blowing out of the vent that DID NOT COOL the room. When we complained about the people above us pouring beer off the balcony it took over an hour for them to figure out which room it was. If we are in 215... how hard is it to figure out what room they are in?

Unique Quality: NO OUTSTANDING ACCOMMODATION.

Directions: start of the pier

Nearby Schooner Inn

• Wheelchair Accessible
  • Free Parking
  • Kitchenette

Virginia Beach Travel Forum

Need advice about Virginia Beach, Virginia? Visit the Travel Forum for Virginia Beach and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Virginia Beach hotel reviews

Rent a Family Bike
Best All-time seafood
USED TO BE GREAT
Restaurants
Don't miss the best atmosphere at the beach!
Dont Go During Restaurant Week
Beware of underage obnoxiousness @ the Edge Bar
Nightlife
Daytrips in the Local Touring Area
Best Pasta on the Beach
After the Beach, Hit the Spa and Salon
Great Wine Bar
Restaurants
Don't waist your time or money here!!!
Local favorite