Surfside Inn

1211 Atlantic Avenue

Surfside Oceanfront Inn & Suites
Booking.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

• HORRIBLE EXPIERIENCE

DO NOT STAY HERE THEY AR RIP OFFS THEY WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY!!POOR SERVICE >THEY HAVE STOLEN SEVERAL PEOLPLE'S MONEY!NASY EMPLOYEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unique Quality: PAINT CHIPPING OFF DOORS HOUSKEEPING SUCKS SERVICE SUCK THEY ARE THIEVES

More about Surfside Inn

loved surfside oceanfront

by TripAdvisor Member jsbeach

we have just returned from a week at surfside oceanfront inn & suites. we were really pleased with the great customer service and the care of the property. we do plan on make it our place to stay on future visits. Thanks for the great hospitality and good coffee!
The Beaches from Ohio

Enjoyed my 3 day stay at Surfside

by TripAdvisor Member GrannyTennessee

My daughter-in-law, two grandsons (from New Jersey) and I (from Tennessee) stayed at this hotel and it was great. The room was cleaned each day, plenty of towels, and the staff at the desk were helpful and very kind. This hotel is ideally located on the broadwalk with easy access to the beach, the pier, surrounding stores, rides, and eating places. The adjoining restaurant was top notich with an excellent seafood dinner buffet at a reasonable price.I hope to stay at Surfside Oceanfront Inn & Suites again next summer. I highly recommend it.

loved the place

by TripAdvisor Member honey52

surfside oceanfront inn & suites
virginia beach, va
august 13-16, 2007
my daughter and i were sent on a vacation together by my daughter's husband. this was the first time we were able to do this... we had booked a room at another hotel ( the diplomat) and when we arrived we were terribly disappointed to say the least... there was no way we could stay there even one night... we rode down the street and tried the surfside. we were delighted... the young lady rachel was so very much help... she showed us a room which was wonderful- clean everywhere... we were given a great rate- only $20 more than the diplomat...we checked in and
were delighted with everything..a beautiful view of the ocean, near the fishing pier ( our husbands plan a trip to take advantage of that), in the heart of the boardwalk.. our room was cleaned everyday- even changed the sheets daily . all the staff was great...we also met a young man mike who was a great front desk person... full of personality... to say the least rachel and mike made our trip even more wonderful.... we will definitely stay again...

EXCELLENT customer service

by TripAdvisor Member jsguman

I think the Surfside Oceanfront Inn & Suite Inn's best asset is their staff.

Staff: The front desk staff was so accommodating, courteous, professional and kind. When I had a problem with our room (because of allergies) Erica worked hard to provide a room that was "safe" for me. She never made me feel that we were an inconvenience or bother, but rather showed & expressed concern for me. Other staff were also very friendly and helpful. The breakfast help was always right there, making sure the room was clean and the food items well stocked.

Room: I found the bed to be VERY comfortable and we were able to get good rest. In the near 100 degree weather the AC worked beautifully !~ !~ ! We actually had it on low & medium. The shower had plenty of pressure & water flow, not wimpy. And the view & sounds of the ocean were the cherry on the top.

Property: Overall, the property was clean, comfortable and well maintained. We enjoyed sitting in the "fountain" area, just relaxing. The pool area was just a little disappointing (not quite like the web pictures), but clean and we did enjoy using it. And being truly oceanfront with the boardwalk, bike trail and beautiful landscaping, easy beach access; priceless.

Overall: I would highly recommend this property and look forward to staying there again if business takes us back to that area (and maybe even if it doesn't).

A very centrally located hotel for runners

by TripAdvisor Member Runner16

This hotel was great for the Rock N' Roll Half Marathon and concerts afterwards. It was within walking distance to the stages, and the starting line of the race. This hotel is also located within walking distance of many places to eat and drink. The rooms were very clean. This was my second time at this hotel, and I would recommend it, especially during race weekend.

This is a very good place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member jc4911

My husband and I returned from this hotel recently and we enjoyed our stay very much. The rooms were clean and we had a sufficient amount of towels in the bathroom. Before we left, we had a very nice continental breakfast and there was an employee who kept the area fully stocked with supplies They also have juice and coffee available all day and night. The service from the front desk was excellent. We would definitely stay there again if we go back to that area.

Jean

best kept secret

by TripAdvisor Member divacards

This hotel is the best kept secret in VA Beach. The staff is wonderful and accommodating. The rooms are adequate and filled with amenities...DVD, microwave, fridge, on the beach with ocean view with balcony, iron and ironing board!

Comfy bed....For the price in March/April you cant go wrong! Jan and staff are wonderful! We've been taking our annual club meeting there for 5 years now.

great

by TripAdvisor Member lovecpg

I booked two hotels this particular weekend for me and my sister from Louisville, Ky and the staff was excellent. I was bumb that the restaurant was closed for us to eat. But the hotel is beautiful I love the scenery so did my sister and the parking garage my kids thought it was so much fun.

A great deal for the price!!

by TripAdvisor Member travelnut6800

Our family (2 adults, 2 kids) stayed here over spring break (March 16-19) and were pleasantly surprised! We paid $49 for the room which we thought was an amazing price - even for off-peak.

Our room was clean and in good condition. We booked a room with 2 queen beds which was great! It is hard to find a room with queen beds instead of double beds so for us, this was a big plus. Each room has a balcony overlooking the ocean and boardwalk. There are 2 plastic chairs and a plastic table on the balcony. Each room has a small microwave, refrigerator, safe, nice size TV and DVD player. The room is a little tight but for us, the 2 queen beds made it worth it.

We stayed on the 2nd floor which was pretty quiet except for the construction on the 5th floor. They are re-doing the bathrooms so if you go, you may want to request a room with a new bathroom. The bathrooms are pretty small but adequate for what we needed.

Breakfast included: bagels, toast, pastries, small doughnuts, cereal, fruit, oatmeal, juice, milk and coffee. Everything seemed fresh but of store-bought quality which was fine for us as we were only there for a couple of days. If you were there for a week, it might get a little old.

The indoor pool is on-site (5th floor) and was in good shape although what looks like a hot tub on the hotel website pictures is a "kiddie pool" according to hotel staff. It looks like it was a hot tub at some point but not any longer - it is the same temperature as the pool. Our kids spent a lot of time in the pool and it was great to have since the weather was not warm enough to spend much time at the beach.

Parking is on-site but is very tight. It was nice to walk right of our room, down a short hall and out the door to the parking garage. Because the rooms were a little tight, we left our beach gear in our car since it was quick and easy to get to.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. We had to call maintenance to fix the safe in our room and he came promptly and fixed it very quickly. There was a light out in the pool area and he came quickly and replaced the bulb. We asked to stay until 6:00pm on our last day and they only charged us $25 even though technically we were there an extra day. They seemed to go out of the way to make sure to accommodate us.

There is a restaurant on-site but it was closed. We had eaten there on a previous trip and the seafood was very good.

Overall, we were very happy with our stay. For the price, we thought it was a great deal and would recommend it for people who like a good bargain, expect clean rooms, but aren't looking for a luxury hotel.

Comments