The Barclay Towers Resort Hotel

Satisfaction Average

Costs 85% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• rottnboxers's Profile Photo

Best Vacation Ever

We recently took our first vacation in many years. I have to tell you..it was the best vacation I had ever been on. We planned this trip on very short notice and after calling many places and all being full..we got lucky with Barclay. However..after reading many reviews..I was very hesitant. I don't regret choosing barclay at all. The rooms were clean, room service came daily. We had a few dishes missing but other than that...everything was perfect. Had a wonderful view from the balcony. Enjoyed a beautiful sunrise each and every morning. Saw dolphins almost every morning and evening from our balcony. We were very pleased with our stay and are very much looking forward to next year. Only had a problem with one staff. My husband is a smoker and after asking at the front desk about where he could smoke..front desk just told him outside. They were standing in the parking lot smoking when another staff told him they had to go to the sidewalk to smoke. The pool was very warm and I loved it. Hot tub was pretty nice also. I loved Barclay and I wouldn't hesitate to stay again. Best vacation ever! Virginia Beach is Awesome!

Unique Quality: Pool very nice and warm. Fantastic view of the ocean, beautiful sunrises and dolphins! Hot tub very nice as well.

Directions: South Virginia Beach

More about The Barclay Towers Resort Hotel

A Virginia Beach Wedding

by Jannacle

"The Boardwalk Wedding"

Sorry this is the best picture I took of the beach. LOL! But it was very pretty and extremely clean. There is a terrific boardwalk on Virginia Beach and it seems to be a very healthy town because it is always packed with bicyclers, skaters, and runners. There are a lot of good hotels and suites on the beach. The Barcley Towers, where the Wedding took place had several different rooms and ballrooms over looking the beach.

"The Barclay Towers"

The Barclay Towers is right on the beach. It walks right onto the board walk. It is a timeshare, but if your looking for one Virginia Beach is a lovely less frequented beach to buy or rent.

"Not the Cleanest City"

The City of Virginia Beach itself was a disappointment to me. It appeared dirty and old to me. I assume some of this maybe attributed to there recent weather issues as they have been in the path Hurricanes more often than not in the last few years. The residents that I encountered were not very tourist friendly. If you stay on the beach and enjoy the sun I think VB is a nice low key vacation but I wouldn't want to live there.

Narrowing Down Hotels

by michaelsimon

I am taking my family to Virgina Beach the third week of August and have never been there. I have two hotels booked currently and need to narrow it down to one. I have two small kids (9 and 4) and I am looking for a clean place to stay on/near the strip, but not in the "Rowdy" section. I currently have a room booked at the Barclay Towers and the Four Sails. Can anyone tell me which of those two would be better?

Thanks!