1503 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, Virginia, 23451, United States
Booking.com Priceline.com

More about The Breakers Resort Inn

Wonderful Trip

Wife and I had an excellent time at the Breakers first weekend of October, 2004. Yes the elevator is slow, but who cares? The room was great, the staff friendly enough, and the free bike rental a nice bonus. Parking got a little tight one night, but it worked out okay. The cook for the diner in the lobby is a master at breakfast, but be warned, like everything else in VA Beach, its a bit pricey. Great location, wonderful view of the beach, excellent location along the boardwalk. I recommend going to the Visitor Center a half a block away to get good ideas for what to do while in town. The only thing that struck me as odd, and it isn't a complaint since it seems all the hotels along the strip are like this, is the fact that the balcony was accessable only through a door. It wasn't a sliding glass door. There were no screens, which meant that we were pretty well closed off from the ocean smells and sounds unless we propped the door open. I'd never seen an ocean front balcony so un-conducive to the outside, but other than that, I have no complaints for the hotel or VA Beach. Thanks for such good advice, everyone!

Hardly a Resort!!!

The Breakers where do I start... Let me first start off by saying I understand this is NOT one of the newest hotels on the strip area but advertising all the rooms as newly refurbished, HA HA HA. Thats a joke looks more like the funiture was purchased used and then touched up to make it look better. One SLOW elevator, a oceanfront balcony with a door that closes by itself. Isn't that why we come to the beach to hear the beach and smell the ocean. A horrible parking garage design. Watch out for your car I almost backed into another car trying to get mine out. Back to the room, the bedspread did look new although the sheets did not. I had to ask for new sheets after seeing what looked like "tiny black bugs" crawling by my pillow the first night. They did change my sheets. But seeing BED BUGS upon pulling back the sheets was hardly a welcome sight. I did get an apology, clean sheets, and someone to spray the following day?? although I did not witness it. The bathroom area was hardly clean. The tub caulking was full of mold, toilet with a ring around it, no stopper on the sink to hold the water while my husband shaved, no toilet lid. All strange I thought. While we were in Virginia Beach I did check out some other hotels that are cheaper than The Breakers but yet a lot nicer. Why do they call The Breakers a resort??? No indoor pool, no jacuzzi, no sauna, no exercise room, no business center, no room service, no continental breakfast, no full service laundry, one elevator (which might I add you share with the maids and the trash).... Resort - HARDLY. Beware if you do decide to stay at The Breakers it really is not all it appears to be. I am beaing honest. If you have a question email me. I'll tell you about my trip. If you do not believe me take chance and you can see for yourself. You want see me there again!

Nice,Clean Family Owned Place to Stay

My fiance and I have been going to Virginia Beach about 1x a month staying at "other" higher priced "name motels....and while the Breakers is not a resort..this was the most comfortable friendly, place I have stayed at!!! Right at the pier we had breathtaking views as the sun came up behind the pier (I wish I was a photographer)

The person who posted a bad review must have wanted the Biltmore on a Econo Lodge Budget...... We stayed two nights in the standard ocean front queen room very well priced (we have paid much more at the motels down the road) for less...
The rooms were clean..... comfortable and not ONE bed bug ...geez.....
I looked as I had never stayed here because of that post then after seeing how clean everything was knew that all of the other post were the truth...

The elevator can be a little slow at times getting to the floor as there is only one but the motel only has a little over 50 rooms and to me the comfort was the most important and overall the elevator did just fine :)
The motel is family owned the staff if very friendly.... we had the do not disturb sign on the door in the morning...we were left a note that the maid had saw the sign had prepared a basket of towels and basic room items (shampoo and stuff) and it could be picked up at the front desk or we could call and it be brought to us..... Hmmm the Holiday Inn and a few others down the road never offered such service....jacuzzi...the motel does offer this type room if available they were all booked the weekend we stayed...

I think if you are looking for a clean, friendly place to stay this is for you

Great weekend stay!

We had a great weekend at the Breakers. The room was very clean, the bathroom was spotless, and we had a great oceanfront view from the balcony. Breakfast from the hotel restraunt was also wonderful. Would recommend to anyone.

Breakers, Great Place to stay

I just returned from a weeks stay at The Breakers. This place was very clean, the staff was helpful, friendly and courteous. Our room was always clean with plenty of fresh towels. We had their King Suite which was awesome. All their rooms have an ocean view and this place very close to the pier. I couldn't have asked for more from this hotel. Their price is competitive, their hotel is located in a super area (approx in the middle of the boardwalk) and in walking distance to anything you want or need. Their food was very good (especially their crab cakes).

Matter of fact we're planning on going back there next year. I also have a friend who has been there for the past 7 years who highly recommends it also. We'll be back.. that's for sure.. great time at VA Beach!

one thing I'd like to add, this place also has a washer and dryer if you run out of clothes

Good job Breakers..I'd recommend you to anyone

One last thing, The Breakers doesn't put up with riff raff, it seemed very safe, family oriented and was quiet and relaxing when we were there.

Great Romantic Getaway

by TripAdvisor Member abels4

The Breakers Resort is the perfect place for a romantic getaway. The room we stayed in was #807 King Deluxe Suite. The view was great, room very clean, nice 2 person whirlpool tub in bedroom. Free bikes, nice cafe and pool. I will definitely stay here again.

We enjoyed our stay

We have just returned from our very first visit to Virginia Beach. While the weather was not the best, The Breakers Inn was very nice. We stayed in #808, The Penthouse suite, or so we called it . The ocean view was wonderful. The roof top deck was a life saver. It was warm as the day rolled on getting the afternoon sun so we were probably the only ones who got a tan that week. I would stay there again if I ever get back there .

The staff were very friendly and helpful and we had the best breakfast in town in the little cafe downstairs.

Have stayed at the Breakers four years in a row

My family and I thought the place was great even before they renovated in 2004. Now it is fantastic...wireless internet, great rooms, great cafe, great location, friendly staff. We'll stay at the Breakers for years to come.

Very pleased with our stay at the Breakers

We just returned from 3 nights at the Breakers. This was our first trip to Virginia Beach. All in all, we were very pleased with our stay.

Pluses:
- Great location. It's near the pier & the center of the Boardwalk. Subway is across the street; great for a take-out lunch at the beach.
- Free use of bikes.
- Spacious, clean room with microwave & fridge.
- Great breakfasts in the restaurant, which we felt were cheaply-priced.
- Reasonable room rate.
- Helpful staff
Quirks:
- Cramped parking garage, but no biggie as we only moved the car once in 3 days.
- A regular door leads to the balcony. There is no sliding door with screen. (We wished we could have slept with the door open, listening to the ocean.)
- The railing on the balcony is right at eye level when sitting down, smack dab in the middle of your vision. A real pain if you want to do serious people-watching on the Boardwalk.
- No lid on the toilet seat. Somewhat annoying, but it's not the end of the world. (We didn't lose any towels!)
- Only one elevator, but we really didn't have to wait too long. If you're in such a hurry, take the stairs.

"Resort" is a misnomer, but we were happy with our stay & would stay again.

Great place!!

This was a great place to stay. I would recommend it to any of my family or friends. The rooms were kept very clean and are very tastefully decorated. The staff at the front desk was very nice, polite and helpful. The housekeeping staff did a wonderful job taking care of our room while we were there, and were also very polite when you came upon them in the elevator or the hallway. We would definately stay there again.

Comments