Traveldoge Virginia Beach

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Traveldoge Virginia Beach

Great value

by TripAdvisor Member HeatherCool31

We stayed here in June of last year. The price was the cheapest we could find for oceanfront. SINCE WE PAID SUCH A SMALL PRICE FOR THE ROOM we didn't expect much. But when we got there, we were pleasantly surprised to find a HUGE two room suite. It was clean, very spacious, and had an amazing view of the ocean. This was more than enough for us. We were barely ever in the room anyways. Sure, it is very outdated..*BUT IF YOU ARE ONLY PAYING A HUNDRED DOLLARS A NIGHT TO STAY ON THE OCEAN.. THEN STOP CRYING ABOUT NOT HAVING AN IMMACULATE ROOM.**

We were very happy that we could sleep in a clean bed with our balcony door open so we could fall asleep to the sound of the ocean.

If you want to stay at the Hilton, then go to the Hilton. But if you want to be cheap, then be cheap and DON'T COMPLAIN.

This place is cheap and it gets the job done.

If you are looking for a place to sleep in between laying out in the sun, swimming in the ocean, and eating delicious food.. then definitely stay here! =)

Email me with any questions you may have!

Many better choices available

by TripAdvisor Member C from NY

Stayed for 2 nights as part of an extended vacation.

POSITIVES:
At first you may think the price is good, but this is definitely a case of "you don't even get what you paid for".

Nice views. Good location. You're right on the beach.

NEGATIVES:
The elevator hints at what's to come. It was tiny and filthy.

We had a "suite" which was oddly laid out. The tiny kitchen area was literally part of your living room. No dividing half wall or anything.

Furnishings were shot. They were old and dirty.

The A/C in the bedroom was high up on a wall over the dresser. You could not reach it to control the temp without standing on a chair and leaning over the dresser. It was ABSURD!

The whole place had a dark dingy feel to it. It felt more like prison than vacation.

We travel pretty extensively, and will give a couple of breaks if a place has very low rates; however, we would not stay here again even if it were free. There are far too many better choices along this strip.

Even the kids were disappointed..........

I've never done a review before but felt inclined to do so as I plan this year's vacation . I understand the everyone has a different perception of accomodations as I have stayed in places that had negative reviews and we felt they were ok. We travel every summer to place new and therefore spend our time in hotels that we have never been in before. Never like this though. We had a reservation and got there to be told the room we booked wasn't available but would be the next day if we were ok to move, that was ok with us, we were looking to relax on the beach anyway as long as it was clean we were fine. Clean...not, it was disgusting, the room smelled, and the bathroom was so small you could barely move, the cupboards had crumbs in and on them and the air conditioner was loud, but we were only there for one night, grin and bear. We moved the next day, well I gotta tell ya, it was worse. The pull out couch smelled of vomit, I had put body spray on it as my daughter was planning to sleep there. There were crumbs in and on the cupboards, a breeding ground for bugs and then there are the bugs(cockroaches).....my daughter woke in the middle of the night and let out a scream, they were crawling on the covers in the sofa bed. We had to move her into the room to sleep with us, or at least try to sleep. We had to get up in the morning and unpack all of our clothes on the deck and shake everything out so that we didn't take any of these critters home. We checked out in the morning and continued the rest of our vacation elsewhere. Moral of the story, when kids complain, it's got to be bad!!

Very pleased overall!

Stayed 3 nights with wife and 5 children. Room very clean and well tended by housekeeping each day. Beautiful ocean view. Good sized suite with nice kitchenette. A plus is that the bedroom has no window so you don't get that outside light/early morning sun which allowed the kids to sleep in more. Beds very comfortable. Having 2 TVs a plus for allowing the cartoons on one- more adult shows on the other. Sofa sleeper was OK and clean linens supplied. Staff all very friendly and responsive to requests/needs. Pool was clean and refreshing the one time we used it (the beach is right there and where we spent most of our time). The grounds were litter-free. No bugs ever seen. Yes it's an older place - has one very small elavator and small lobby. But we were quite pleased with the room and the warmth of the staff (especially the maintance man and housekeeper). The price was much less than any other place and for a large family on a budget it was great. Our only complaint was the parking. Very cramped parking lot and as we had our big van with us we were limited as to which spaces we could even use. We would certainly go back again! I was somewhat fearful as some reviews were scary but we were pleasantly surprised.

Dreadfully unpleasant

by TripAdvisor Member olleHBeach

Location is the ONLY positive factor in this motel.

Let me start at the lobby: it made me feel like I'm in the wrong part of town.

Let me now take you to the 1 elevator: tiny and stinky.

Now to the room:
- 2 'rooms'
- Room #1 is where they have the pull out couch, and the little 'kitchenett'. This room is the one with the view since it has the window and balcony. Overall, it's ok, except that there were rust stains on the walls and it really smelled horrific. I had to use my own perfume to mask that odor.
- Room #2 is where they have the 2 double beds, a sink (outside on its own) and then the toilet and shower. This room was terrible. First of all, it was tiny. Secondly, the air conditioner sounded more like a truck engine. Thirdly, there is no natural lighting in this room and I found it to be dark and miserable. Fourthly, the toilet and tub looked like I may be in a 3rd world country, not VA Beach. If you have long legs or are slightly large, this bathroom WILL NOT accomodate you. The tub had rust stains and grime and the toilet seat was yellow (eew).

Now to the room cleaning service:
- Towels were not changed
- Sheets and pillow cases had stains on them

I would NEVER EVER stay here again. This hotel is not even a 1 star. It should be demolished!!

Comments