Tropicana Resort Hotel

Palm Grove Hotel and Suites
Orbitz.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Tropicana Resort Hotel

It should be a pile of bricks

We booked our family reunion at this dump, unaware of what we were about to encounter. We arrived on August 6, 2003 with 18 rooms booked and confirmed. We were sent a list of our reservations along with the room# for everyone. What a joke? When we arrived they had overbooked the rooms. We were walking in rooms that were already occupied. How embrassing for us. The air conditioning in rooms 101-701 were broken.
The rooms were equipped with floor fans in diagonal corners of the rooms. An employee told us that the owner has know for a long time that the air conditioning in those rooms(101-701) were broken and were not suppose to book them until they were repaired. One person in our party booked an oceanfront room(101) but had to move to poolside room in order to get air. Another member of our party booked an effiecency, that advertised a full kitchen, the room was dirty when we arrived, the refrigerator was filthy and not large enough to fit a 2 liter soda in it. One member went without a phone the whole time we were there. We took our complaints to the Owner, Nick who could have cared less about our complaints. The housekeeping staff had too much attitude and not enough pride in their work. I wasn't suprised with the lack of care and concern from the staff after encountering the owner and the manager.

The Tropicana Casino Hotel should make sure that noone associates them with this hotel.

The Tropicana Resort Hotel should be a pile of bricks.

Worst experience ever!

We visited the Tropicana Resort (I use the term loosley) on August 15, 2003. We were given room 411. Upon entry into the lobby, the manager was having an arguement with a potential customer. He was very rude. We were given room 411 to spend 2 nights in. The room smelled like a used litter box. The shower ceiling was rotten and when the 5th floor room above us showered or used the facilities, the water from their room dripped into our shower. I requested a new room and was told they did not have anymore rooms. They offered a refund but did not offer to help us find a new room. We have 2 small children with us, so we decided to suck it up for one night because they promised us a new room the next day. Tomorrow came and the room they gave us around 2 pm had not been cleaned. The beds were unmade, trash was everywhere, and it too smelled like a litter box. The staff working in the hotel had nothing nice to say about the owners or manager. The manager tried to act like he did not know room 411 was in this condition. It is a horrible hotel and I would not want anyone to stay in this establishment. The beach is great and there are other nice hotels but this one should be closed down.

vacation from hell

we stayed at this hotel for two nights the first week of aug '03. What a mistake, we usually stay at the Ramada oceanfront plaza resort, but they were booked so we tried the Tropicana. First the rooms are dirty, stains on the walls, sheets smell musty, never enough towels. Then the door doesn't shut properly, you have to slam it to get it to shut.
There are people and kids running around and yelling until midnight or later. Then there parking, you have to park in a lot across the street, behind shops, it is very dark, there's no security and its very narrow.
Our suv got hit in the parking lot. When we told the employees at the desk, they could have cared less. They didn't even offer to call the police. When the police came to make a report, she told us this was the 10th time just herself she had been out to make a report for this parking lot. If you stay here travel at your own risk!!!!

The hotel from Hell

I visit Virginia Beach 4 or more times each year. This recent short-notice trip was at a time when it was impossible to find a room.
I, with serious misgivings, tried the Tropicana. Never Again. I have written to some of the web sites which list them and asked to have them removed from the lists. I am writing the Chamber of Commerce and anyone else who will listen. This place is a disaster. As of August 15, the air conditioners still do not work. There is one working ice machine for 7 floors. The pool has no filter. The place is dirty. There was a discarded matress in the hallway. We got room service after 5:30 on Sunday evening. This is a low budget motel with mid range prices.
BEWARE. The staff is rude. People were checking out. Everyone was complaining. There should be some way people could learn about a place BEFORE reserving rooms. I wish I had found this web site before last week.

The Tropicana left much to be desired

I visited Va Beach and stayed at the Tropicana. I read bad reviews before going so I was skeptical anyway. I think the management there has a don't care attitude. After being in the pool we picked-up trash and put it in a bag, the trash can was already full. The next evening, the bag was still there. We stayed in room 407 which is on the end and trash was piled up outside there for a couple of days. Our stay was 5 days so eventually the trash was moved. The hotel it self has potenial, the rooms were not bad and the air condition was very good. For the price, I don't think I will be staying there again.

What's Wrong With This Establishment

Charged our credit card without our permission Outside door didn't close Bugs in the rooms Chair broken on terrace Musty smell HBO no sound Missing light Broken headboards Ice maker not operable Repairs done to the room during our stay claiming that their hotel is NEWLY RENOVATED Bathroom towels were dingy, with holes and damp There were only 2 towels with 4 people in the room There was no air conditioning only a fan Washer and dryer did not work properly Room 402 was dispersing garbage out their window and Waking up to seeing garbage on the lawn We were almost hit with ice from the terrace Ran out of toilet paper with no spare rolls Doorknobs were loose on terrace entry was difficult Rooms above the 4th floor were renovated the below weren't Stabilizer arm of door was broken and caused door to slam Dirty elevators / wet hazardous conditions Corridors not vacuumed Bubbled wall in bathroom and was repainted over The pool looked nothing like the picture you have on the Internet It was so full of chlorine that one of the kids vomited because of it Missing remote for television

Dreadful

I told my wife about the reviews I had read on this site, but she made reservations at the Tropicana anyway. Huge mistake. The rooms were not clean and they would not give her any money back when she wanted to go find a room at another hotel.

I urge people to pay a little more and find another place to stay.

used to work at this hotel

I used to work for this hotel, and for all of those who would consider staying here, please, look someplace else. The owner of the company cares for nothing more than money in his pocket. More than once while I was working there, Front Desk staff and Housekeeping staff offered to stay on for a few weeks without pay, so that he could close down the hotel and bring it to better standards. The owner however was more conserned with losing some money for a couple weeks of renovation, than making guests happy. The repairs were never done, if you had a complaint the owner ignored you or became verbally abusive. The only time that the owner ever did anything about complaints was when any type of inspector came out. If you made a reservation and cancellled in the alloted time, which most hotels have a 72 hour policy, you were charged anyway. Due to unorganization, customers were charged for nights that they werent even there, very few customers that left the hotel while I was working at this "establishment" left happy. A lot of the staff were rude, due to the way the owner treated staff and customers alike, and very seldom did the owner keep good staff around.
The staff that was there when I worked there, for the short time that I stayed, were 16 year old model looking girls who didnt want to work.
The single mothers he employed were pushed to the side with 10 hrs of work for the sixteen year old who brought in partiers willing to pay his prices. Coming from a former emloyee of this hotel, I would not recommend ever staying at this hotel, nor will I ever stay there.

Our stay at the' Tropighetto!'

My family and I stayed at the tropicana hotel last June. We were hard up for a place to stay one last night on our trip.Our hotel we had been at for the previous 4 nights was booked so....Where do I begin? The lobby was very dirty,staff was rude.The walls were paper thin. heard alot of noise and people partying late at night and into the morning. Fights and foul language,not to mention the"been at sea too long" sailors that frequentd the hotel. Also, people outside this place on top of their cars drinking at all hours of the night. Could not sleep because of this ,oh and the bedspreads on both beds were wet! I could go on and on but you get the point.on the upside the view is nice!

Hotel for young people! :) Not bad

i stayed here last year with a couple of our girlfriends and it was FABUlous! the rooms were decent, room service was adequate. No, your not gonna get four star hotel for this price but we're young we didn't spend the whole vacation in our rooms. We partied, met other young people who LOVED the tropicana since they were very relaxed on stuff like that. If you are older or have children, its not the place for you. basically, its a laid back party hotel for young kids. what do u expect for these prices? considering that the other oceanfront hotels charge about 200 a nite! i'd say its a bargain and MORE..we met cool people that were stayin there too! :) we're doin it again for 2004!

Comments