3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

5700 Atlantic Avenue, (formerly Ramada), Virginia Beach, Virginia, 23458, United States

Orbitz.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 93% more and rated 15% lower than other 3.5 star hotels

• The Ramada on 57th Street!

I like this hotel because it is off of the boardwalk and therefore quieter than the boardwalk hotels. The North end of the beach is less crowded all the time. The restaurant, Gus Mariners is a good place to eat and many locals go here throughout the year. I recommend staying in the higher floors because it is a beautiful view and all you can hear is the ocean waves crashing against the shore, it is neat to see the people below so small the large ocean in comparison, it seems surreal.

Unique Quality: They have an indoor pool, not sure about outdoor. The view is by far the best part of this hotel, so be sure to get a oceanside view. Be sure to get up for sunrise if you can it is seen right from your room and very beautiful!

Directions: Off Atlantic just north of the very crowded area. You can get to busier section by the wave or bike, you are also less than ten blocks to the First Landing State Park entrance.

More about Wyndham Virginia Beach Oceanfront

Way to Go, Wyndham!

by TripAdvisor Member gullimaya

This Wyndham was excellent! My mother and I had our choice to stay in any of 3 Ocean view rooms either on the 1st, the 5th or the 15th floors. We chose the 1st floor for its convenience. It was near the indoor and outdoor pools and the jacuzzi. The jacuzzi rocked! It really hit the spot. I would advise a step and handles to be build around and in it so that handicapped and more elderly people can negotiate it better, but for me it was fine. The pool was a little chilly for my taste, but for most people it would be perfect! The room service was amazing. I called housekeeping for more tea and they came in a flash. I asked for the room to be vacuumed--no problem! I asked for an extra suitcase rack and the front desk personnel were friendly and accommodating to a T. The use of the computer room was free and the internet, Microsoft Word and printer use were all free and included in the bill as was parking! Great! Much better than the Marriott I stayed at in NN VA. The construction crew were dredging outside so the view wasn't perfect, but I enjoyed watching this going on. The sheets were clean, the blankets were the perfect weight, there were just enough pillows and even a pillow that said "good health" or something similar. It was clean and the bathroom had an actual bath, which I prefer to just a shower facility. I heartily recommend this hotel.

Fantastic!

by TripAdvisor Member ELL05

I booked an oceanfront room with 2 queen beds online via the hotel website. In the comments section of my online reservation I asked for a renovated room if that was still applicable - I still don't know.
GOOD: Our room was on the 16th floor with an oceanfront view, big fluffy beds, bath and body works stuff in the bathroom, complimentary robes, etc. We had a voucher for breakfast in the restaurant and only had to pay $4.10 for two breakfasts.
NOT SO GOOD: there is no wireless internet - at east not on the 16th floor. The onsite internet could be found in the business center on the second floor. This was a closet with two outdated PC's. I called the front desk Sunday morning and no one answered - I did get someone on my second try.
Overall a great stay, everyone was nice and helpful. We plan to return next year.

OK - but won't be my first choice for my next visit

by TripAdvisor Member BoltonLandingGuy

There were four travelers in our group - two of whom are in hotel management at independent properties. It's winter and the rates were OK for the location. We were about the only people staying in the hotel, but there were social events going on both nights - that was not a problem. The suites were nice sized and clean, but dated, one heater didn't work, no tissues in one room, light bulb was blown by bed, the furniture wasn't very comfortable and the bed gave me a back ache. The sixth floor west tower hall carpet had nasty stains on it and it looked like who ever cleans the elevators can't reach all the way to the top of the car - there was cleaner residue all over the metal. Basically there are a ton of 'little' things that just go unattended to.

The hotels strong points are the location and the friendliness of the staff. Unfortunately, as friendly and cheery as the staff is, they are VERY young - so Sunday morning the concierge and the gift store manager were sitting comfortably on the lobby couch having a gab session, and no one could tell me the name of their wireless router system - I had to call an off site help desk to get that information.

The hotels weakest point is the restaurant. Our breakfast was the WORST. Bagged scrabbled eggs, frozen and tasteless 'fresh' fruit, cold homefries. It was really bad. Avoid it.

Good hotel for the price

by TripAdvisor Member schwen9

I would recommend this hotel. The price, location and room were all great! The only area I found lacking was the check in experience.

When we arrived at check in, our room was not ready and we were told to come back in a half hour. The staff wasn't very friendly, but we finally got our room 30 minutes later.

The room was clean and our preferred beverages and snacks arrived shortly after we did. The location was fantastic, we stayed on the 16th floor and had an ocean front room with a balcony. Beautiful!

Check out was easy and the staff was a little friendlier in the morning. We had a short stay, so we were not able to take advantage of any other amenities. I would stay here again if in the area.

Great Service

by TripAdvisor Member ham50

First, I booked my stay using their website. Could not get a better rate any palce else. I stayed at the hotel from January 17-20,2008. Due to the inclement weather in Virginia, I made sure that I could reach my destination safely and on time. I got to the hotel around 2 p.m. I tried to see if my room w s ready since I was soaking wet and freezing, the first desk clerk, Rebecca asked me for my name and without barley looking up stated that my room was not ready yet. Try back in about two hours. In freezing rain with snow falling? Yeah right. I tried back about an hour later and the second clerk, Marco, checked me and upgraded my room at no charge. Thank you Marco for letting me dry off in my room!! The view from the room was gorgeous. Also, during this time of year, it is also Restaurant Week! All of the fabulous restaurants the beach has to offer, including the Whydham's own Ocean Grille offer a two course lunch for a little over ten bucks and three course dinner for twenty bucks. I had a slight problem with the lot water in my room. The front desk staff glady sent maintenace, Randy to fix my hot water problem. Water was barely tepid was the reason for my call. He fixed it and that was that. Second day I had a little more hot water problem and a slight tv issue. Both were fixed when Randy from maintenance fixed it all. As for the television, expect a second delay when you change channels. The tv is on satelite so it takes a second to change channels. The room was clean and the king size bed was extremely comfortable. more pillows than any person could ever wish for. The fridge and the microwave were in great clean workign order. Carpet was soft and without any dust gathering in the corners!! The hotel is a little bit down from the strip, but on a nice warm day, this would be a nice walk. Stores are near by and the summer ths would make a great retreat to get some room from the tourists. If interested, the concierge has some really great local informtion. Parking is covered and located directly across from the two buildings in which the rooms are located. it is a about a twenty minute drive to the aquarium from the hotel. The Pembroke and Lynhaven mall are also not far.

Very Nice Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member zuzu4343

I booked this hotel on line for a fabulous rate with the full knowledge this would not be an oceanfront room because of the great rate.
But when we arrived, they said I did not have us in their system, but I was able to present them with a confirmation number. The woman at the desk said that perhaps because I am listed as a Starwood Preferred Guest, that may have created the mix-up with the reservation.
Anyway, they let us check in early and they ended putting us in a lovely oceanfront room. It had a small balcony, a mini-fridge, a safe and two very comfortable beds with good linens - which was amazing considering the rate we paid!
The bathroom was very nice, as well.
To top it off, when we came back from being out for a little while, there was a cheese & fruit tray waiting for us, with chilled Pepsi's (which is what I had requested on my Starwood Preferred Guest questionaire) and a note from the manager welcoming us the hotel, mentioning that he had been happy to upgarde us, and that normally they serve Coke, but he had personally made sure we had our Pepsi.
I call that service - and I would highly recommend this hotel and definitely stay there again when I am in Virginia Beach.

great wedding weekend!

by TripAdvisor Member pekqfx

We arrived late friday night and check in was super quick. We got into our room on the 18th floor and it was beautiful, great furnishings and clean. The bathtub could have used an upgrade but it was okay. Only real complaint was it took 3 hours for someone to bring up a playpen for our infant when we had already requested when we made the reservation, asked for one at check-in, and called two more times about it. Also depends on where your room is at parking could be a big far.

We had breakfast and dinner (room service) in the restaurant and it was very good and reasonably priced.

very important note: we stayed club level and had SUPER COMFY BEDS!

Few Issues

by TripAdvisor Member cdub45

There were a couple of problems with the room. First of all, this was a birthday celebration and when I booked the room, I loved the picture of the balcony view of the beach. Well, when we checked in, we got a room on the first floor and there was no balcony. We were told by the front desk that "well we don't really have balconies". What???? The bathrooms are really dated and we could barely take a shower because of the water pressure in the room and also the water would not stay hot. In order to get some water, you had to literally stand directly under the shower head. It was really a joke. The beds were comfortable and so were the pillows.

it's like rolling dice don't know what you got until you see it yourself

by TripAdvisor Member gramdpa2

This hotel is not up to standards by any means. I booked a room on line back in november. ocean view , jacazzi, robes, and smoking. the room had a partial view of the oceanwas a non smoking room and no robes. I tried to change to a smoking room but didnt have any available with a jacazzi or ocean view but was told we could smoke on the balcony. we did ask about the robes but couldnt get a answer. after filling out a review I was contacted by the manager he said that there were no robes that came with the room, none of there jucazzi rooms have full view of the ocean. this was the response.... I apology for the mixed up in the room descriptions that you were given. We are now makeing that change on the website. If you will let me know when you are coming back to Virginia Beach for the Whale watching, I will be happy to give you a 50% discount off the first night for the problems you had. Also I will make sure that you know what type of room you are booking
feb stay: again problems this time even worse I wrote the manager again and because I didnt get a respones I will share with you what happened . This is the letter sent: I have been waiting for a review on our stay but clearly it doesn't look like it is going to happen so here are somethings you need to know. My wife and I checked into room 312 on the 29 th of February you were E- mailed after we had confirmed our booking. The web ad stated a premium room with ocean view, upon entry the room smelled musty it was a smoking room the wife smokes so I looked past that. I went to use the bathroom and couldn't believe my eyes feces in the toilet my first reaction was flush it and I did. Then I looked behind the door and there was a hand towel hanging on the door, at this point I called the front desk asking for another room. The lady working the front desk said "that room was inspected before we arrived" she then want on to say they didn't have any smoking rooms and don't know if it would be ocean view. I wanted out of the room but the winds were strong and it was cool out my wife said she didn't want to stand out in the cold wind when she wanted a cigarette so we remained in the room. About 10 min have passed and your maintenance showed up with a plunger I told him I flushed it down he told me a maid would be here shortly with the towels. I told him we didn't need towels just the dirty one removed from the back of the door he took it and left.Just before his arrival I had remembered that I brought my video camera I was going to record the towel but let that go I figured I didn't record the item in the toilet so the towel in the hotels eyes would look like an oversight.
At this point I was upset I was looking at the rest of the room then took out the video camera I brought and started recording the room. You probably are wondering what else could be wrong. The tub was running wouldn't shut off, it had been this way awhile because the tub wall and around the drain was rusty. The toilet, every time you flush the tank seal poured water out. We left a maintenance request the first day, but they didn't pick it up. The beds priceless: burn holes in the comforter right on top in plain sight, on the same bed what looked to be semen, if this wasn't a double bed room I would have walked out. I checked the other bed it was clean, so we did have a place to sleep.
The next morning as we looked at the ocean, the view was obstructed by the large amount of build up on the window. I believe it is from the ocean water but still a ocean view is something you pay for and should be able to enjoy without having to open the door for a clear view.
We scratched whale watching due to the winds and went to the aquarium instead. When we got back the room smelled fresh looked clean and even what looked like semen on the other bed had been wiped off as good as it could be. I never said anything about that but it was so obvious that even the maid has seen it. I picked up the camera started shooting stating what a difference, even how clean the room smelled. I then went to look under the beds and seen beer caps and candy wrapper, at this point it didn't phase me almost like I expected it. I have seen other Wyndham rooms and they were never like this, you need to check things out closer.
It has been over three weeks and no response I take it they dont care or this is normal for this establishment.

Comments