2.5 out of 5 stars2.5 Stars

351 York Street, (Ex Four Points by Sheraton), Williamsburg, Virginia, 23185, United States

Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 77% more than similarly rated 2.5 star hotels

• sabogg01's Profile Photo

Nice clean hotel with a great location!

I was very happy to have stayed at this hotel. The rooms were very clean and I was very happy to have FREE Wi-Fi in my room. The hotel was in a good location with close access to most everything. Plenty of parking for guests. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Lots of onsite amenities, nice workout room and pool, even though I did not get a chance to use these facilities, they appeared clean.
    I would stay here again!

Unique Quality: Pool, workout room, onsite restaurant, great location, FREE parking and FREE Wi-Fi

• Superior location

Now that the Patrick Henry Inn is converting to condos, the Four Points Sheraton is the closest hotel to the Historic District (in the vicinity of the Capitol). It's even closer to Christiana Campbells' Tavern (one block), and it's across the street from Bassett Hall, the estate used by John D. Rockefeller Jr. and his family during their visits to Williamsburg. Service is cordial and responsive. Breakfast is much better than the average motel fare. Room decor is handsome and gives an upscale impression. Guests appear to be an even mix of families and business travelers. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to be within walking distance of the Colonial Williamsburg Historic District.

Unique Quality: Indoor pool, workout room, bar has a games area and tables for playing cards. Buffet breakfast not available outside of high season (but an a la carte breakfast menu is available year round). Most rooms have two double beds, some have kings -- all have extremely comfortable mattresses. Free wi-fi in the rooms, free bottled water, too. No mini bars, but vending machines have snack foods. Coin laundry machines on premises. Rooms have ironing boards/irons, hairdryers and copious amounts of toiletries. Windows do not open. Free parking on premises. A city bus (50 cents in exact change for seniors) stops just a few yards from the hotel entrance, connecting to the Colonial Williamsburg shuttle bus system (available to non ticket holders for $2 per day). The "Capitol" stop on the shuttle bus deposits you within one (long) block of the hotel.

Directions: Near Christiana Campbells' Tavern and the Capitol Building (walking distance).

More about Clarion Hotel Historic District

Pet friendly and great location

For our needs with traveling with our dog (a Yorkie) we find this hotel to be very accomodating and friendly. We have stayed here many, many times and are completely satisfied with our room and the staff. It is close enough to walk to Colonial Williamsburg and that too is a real plus.

Good for staying with a pet

by TripAdvisor Member beth_n_shiloh

I was quite pleased with my stay at this hotel. The room was fine (nothing super fancy, but... workable). Everyone we met, including hotel staff, were enthusiastic about my dog being a hotel guest. There was a bit of hallway noise, but nothing too bad.

It was okay

One thing we really liked was the beds. All those pillows were a plus!! When we checked in we inquired about a frig in the room. It would be a ten dollar a day charge. We said no. We arrived early but they let us preregister and we came back for the key later in the afternoon. Went to our room, we asked for the first floor but got the second.......key did not work. Had to go get that fixed. We were surprised to see a frig in our room. They did not charge us. When going to bed we turned on the AC and it made a loud rattling noise. We called the lobby they would send someone down. Never did come. Never got the extra towels we requested either. Next afternoon, we called again after spending the whole day touring the area They did send someone down and he said the unit was blown. They offered another room but we were leaving the next day. I didn't want to go through the hassel. They did offer us a free buffet breakfast at the resturant next door. We said Ok....5 of us in our family. That fed us good before hitting Busch Gardens. After Busch Gardens we stayed at a mom and pop place. Overall....the beds, the frig, and the breakfast made up for the hassel. We went there on one of those time share thingies and didn't pay full price for the weekend.

Terrible -- ants in our room!

I am a frequent traveler, and have stayed at many hotels across the country. This hotel -- The Four Points Sheraton in WIlliamsburg -- was by far the worst. At first, things looked good. We were able to check in early, 11:30 a.m. Our room had issues -- torn wallpaper, a crumbling wall behind it, and a missing coffee maker -- but the hotel addressed two of these quickly. A fresh sheet of wallpaper was put up while we were out sight-seeing and coffee maker was brought in. It wasn't until the next morning that we realized there was a bigger problem -- ants. Tiny little ants were everywhere, and unfortunately, had found there way into our children's toy bag. We informed the front desk who seemed mildly concerned saying the matter would be handled (no explanations). When I went down to the desk to ask what was going to be done, I was told that they would come into the room and spray insecticide. I was traveling with 2 toddlers -- this didn't seem to concern them. When I protested, I was offered another room. None were ready at the moment (it was before 10 am) so we had to pack up all of our things and leave them in the manager's office. When we came back from sight-seeing later that day, our luggage had been moved to a new room.

We then tried to eat at the connecting restaurant -- Bones -- but two out of the three dishes we ordered (pizza for our children, pasta for me) were no longer available. It was barely 7 pm. The restaurant was accomodating, offering to send my husband's dinner to our room so we could all eat together (me and our children went in search of fast food).

When all taken together, we pretty much concluded that this was by far the worst place we ever stayed and we will never go back there again.

Absolutely nothing to complain about

The hotel was very clean, and the staff was very friendly. They called us a cab to take to Busch Gardens & provided us w/ brochures on Williamsburg for dining options. We actually ate at the Bones restaurant, which was okay. The food was a little overpriced, so we only ate there once. The beds & plush pillows were very comfortable. This seems to be a hotel that many tourist groups come to, so at times there were a lot of people around the hotel. We did not go to the pool, but it looked very nice. All in all, it wasn't as nice as other Sheratons I have been to, but it seemed to be one of the nicest reasonably priced hotels in the area. Good deal for the money:)

It was okay

We just tooka trip to Williamsburg this past weekend and stayed Saturday night at this hotel. I was kind of worried because I read some mixed reviews about this hotel, but because we decided to visit at such short notice this was one of few hotel rooms left in the area that wasn't a economy motel or high end bed and breakfast.

I wasn't dissapointed, but I wasn't excited when I arrived either. The hotel staff was very friendly, but just by looking around the halls and lobby things looked worn out with peeling paint and chipped furniture. Our room did seem clean (which is what is most important to me), the bedding was very nice, and the room did appear to be recently renovated as our room description stated - but not very well.

We didn't spend much time in the room because we were out enjoying Williamsburg, and the hotel room didn't really appeal to me. I don't think I would stay there again if I had other options because I didn't feel I got my money's worth, it was less than average.

Selling rooms by telling stories?

by TripAdvisor Member KentuckyGurl

The advertisements for this hotel say that they "have internet access in all rooms" which is a LIE. They don't have internet on the entire first floor. I booked this room so that I could conduct business. Conducting business in the pool area or in the lobby is unacceptable. My toilet didn't flush properly either and the television remote is broken. I'm writing this review from their lobby where the Wi-Fi internet is "Low" according to my connection. Find another place to stay if you need to conduct business.

not what I expected

by TripAdvisor Member tgroth2000

We stayed at the "suites" which is an older apartment complex. While the cleaning staff was friendly and did a good job with what they had to work with, the front desk clerk didn't seem to like his job. I didn't get his name, but he was less than interested in our problems. Like...
On their web site, they talk about the wireless internet access. In the hotel, yes, it is fast and free. In the "suites" it is non existent. When I asked about that at thefront desk, he nodded sadly and said yes that is a problem. That is a problem? No, that is false advertising!
Also when we checked out, we noticed that we were charged for 2 dinners at the Bones restaurant the evening that we checked in. It was taken care of by the restaurant staff (which was great) but the desk clerk said we had to take it up with the restaurant. He was not interested in the fact that HIS bill was WRONG! The first thing the Bones rep did was call the front desk, talk for a minute, make a face, and call someone else. Problem was resolved, but...
If you like a timeshare type environment, rent a suite. It does give you an apartment setting complete with refrigerator, stove, oven, microwave, 3 televisions, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms (one off the smaller bedroom), and a coffemaker with supplies. There is a supermarket about a mile away, so we were okay there.
If we go back to Williamsburg, I will stay elsewhere. There are too many hotels in the area to accept this level of service.

Comments