Country Inn And Suites Williamsburg

Expedia.com CountryInns.com Orbitz.com

More about Country Inn And Suites Williamsburg

Not Bad!!

by TripAdvisor Member Frairsy

My Family and I stayed here for three nights the week of August 28th. I booked through Expedia and got a very good rate. I was a little concerned when I read reviews from the previous week on this site, just before we left, regarding the pool.

Check-in was OK until we opened the door to "OUR" room and found another family's luggage there. I went back to the desk and they gave us another room that was empty. The room was clean and the bathroom was also clean.

After our first night, we went to Water Country and came back to a cleaned room, with fresh towels. However, after our next outing, we came in at approx 4:00 pm. I was surprised when we opened the door to the same mess we left with. There were no beds made or clean towels. A few minutes later house-keeping came by and stated that we would have towels in one hour. They did provide fresh towels after that.

I did not allow my family to use the pool. Overall, it was a fine experience. The food provided at breakfast was sufficient.

Great place with alot of charm

by TripAdvisor Member PAprincess

My family and I stayed at this Country Inn & Suites over the weekend. We experienced the customer service that you expect at a 5 star property. The hotel was clean and neat. The beds were the most comfortable we ever experienced in a hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Perfect for a weekend

by TripAdvisor Member smasher622

I took my fiance to Williamsburg for his 31st b-day, the week of Novemeber 9th. Let me first say that I work for a large upscale hotel chain and I was not expecting the service and accomodations that we recieved. The service was friendly and helpful. The room was perfect for just a weekend getaway. the beds were comfortable, although the linens were a bit rough. The bathrooms were kept well stocked and tehre was always someone readily available to help us if we needed batteries for the remote or extra towels. We checked in quite late, around 8pm and were starving so the front desk gave us recommendations for delivery food. Their reviews were very helpful when picking the restaurant. Above all they were prompt in fixing any issues that we had, which were only minor. Not all hotels act in such a professional manor.

The location of this hotel was great also, it was only a 5 minute drive from colonial williamsburg. Very eay to get to.

Cozy Hotel with great staff

by TripAdvisor Member ruthiem

Stayed at this hotel in January over a weekend. Hotel was very attractive and lobby was very cozy with fireplace. Room was spacious and clean. Staff was very helpful. Pool was clean and water was heated. Unlike previous comments we did not experience problems with the pool. Would return to this hotel and highly recommend

Great place, great rates

by TripAdvisor Member ed2010

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend getaway in November. It has a comfortable atmosphere, and the front desk staff were extremely helpful and knowledgable of the area. Any minor problem we encountered (a DVD player on the fritz) was corrected immediately. The location is perfect if you want to hit the sties of Williamsburg and not pay the premium to stay at one of the official colonial hotels.

This place has everything you need!

by TripAdvisor Member Travelerlu

From the minute we stepped into the clean, spacious lobby, we felt comfortable and at home. The receptionist had a sack of brochures, an apple, and postcards ready to hand to us to help plan our stay. We found the beds to be the most comfortable of the whole trip. The rooms were large for motel rooms. Fresh cookies and apples were waiting in the reception area any time of the day. Coffee was also available. The continental breakfast even included sausage and bacon. USA Today papers were included. Grounds were clean, parking available in a covered area for the first few cars. This was an easy location to catch 64 heading out of Williamsburg, or you were only a mile from Historic Williamsburg. There were also two computers in the lobby which anyone could use. Exercise room was a cut above average, too. If we wanted to go to Williamsburg again, because of the value and just plain comfort, I would definitely stay here again.

Great Family Pick!

by TripAdvisor Member momsreview

Just returned from a family vacation in Williamsburg and thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Country Inn and Suites. Rooms were clean, beds were comfortable, breakfast exceeded expectations -- including waffles, hard boiled eggs in addition to the usual cold cereals and pastries. Staff was friendly and helpful. Pool was warm enough and clean. Very convenient location -- only about 5 minutes to Colonial Williamsburg and 10-15 minutes from Busch Gardens.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member arlaan2

We stayed at the Country Inn over Spring Break with my family.
The hotel was clean with all the ammenities that my family wanted including an indoor pool.The staff was friendly and knowledgable about all the nearby attractions including Busch Gardens, Colonial Wiliamsburg, Water Country and Jamestown.
The pleasant surprise was the free continental breakfast each morning which just hit the spot.

Only good for a weekend/overnight stay ...

by TripAdvisor Member worldtravelerjpn

We've stayed in other Country Inns and this one was sub-par compared to their equals elsewhere. This is what we weighed in on:

PLUSES: Good rate for 3 nights booked through website. Comfy bed and overall quiet accomodations (no highway or street noise). Breakfast options are good. The lady that's there M-F is really sweet and helpful! Clean room. Lots of small guest amenities available (razor, toothbrush, comb, etc.) for guests. Close proximity (walking) to restaurants, groceries, gas. Driving distance to Waller Mill Park which is a great place to run and get some fresh air/scenery. Good proximity to Jamestown Center and Williamsburg Winery (great tours at both places). Not too long of a drive.

MINUSES: Unhelpful front desk staff and "concierge" (hardly!). Better off searching online for information (including local trails that they seem to advertise but have no knowledge of). Only one washer/dryer worked and was overpriced. *Don't stay on the first floor unless you have kids - heavy footsteps are amplified on the first floor.* We called 3 times to the front desk to quiet our upstairs neighbors at 11 pm as they kept stomping around. Again, breakfast was good, but the room itself was crowded. They really need to assess more space for a 3 story hotel. Our room had a fridge but no microwave - why put a fridge but no microwave?

Overall good rate, basic, however, this Country Inn seems to take shortcuts instead of meeting the standard of their equals in other locations.

Miss Ivy is a gem

by TripAdvisor Member Openskies

During our five-day stay at the Williamsburg Country Inn & Suites, we had the good fortune of meeting and being served at breakfast by "Miss Ivy," the hostess/waitress in the hotel breakfast area. Ivy consistently welcomes and assists hotel guests with warmth and a friendly smile. She provides real Southern hospitality, giving what might be just another motel a sense of place. She instinctively noticed, if not anticipated, what guests were looking for and what they might need or want, and she took the initiative to provide them with it. For example, Ivy was quick to offer to cook and deliver waffles to guests, setting them up beforehand with syrup and butter. With an ever-present smile, Ivy showed a refreshing degree of warmth and concern for guests' comfort and an obvious love for her job. She possesses many of the soft skills important in such a job, which, incidentally, far too many peers lack. An exceptional employee, Ivy made what would have been an ordinary hotel breakfast experience something memorable, and her excellent service is a significant asset to the hotel. Thanks to Miss Ivy!

Comments