Crowne Plaza Hotel Williamsburg

Orbitz.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 24% more and rated 22% lower than other 3.5 star hotels

More about Crowne Plaza Hotel Williamsburg

Great Hotel, Great Price!

by TripAdvisor Member pghtraveler

We just came back from our stay June 10-13 and were a little hesitant about the Radisson Fort Magruder because of reading some of the negative reviews on this site. When we walked in the doors of the hotel, every negative thought I had about the place was gone. The new renovations are beautiful!! Our room was better than expected, very clean and plenty of room. Landscaping is very nice too. We had breakfast twice at the Veranda restaurant and loved it!! We definitely plan on staying here again when visiting Williamsburg.

They are working hard to get better

by TripAdvisor Member wafflesSouthJersey

This vacation was the first time that I had booked a hotel through Priceline and I thought that my family was going to shoot me. Initially, the reviews for this place were terrible, but lucky for me, Radisson has recently completed renevating this hotel and it's a good Priceline value. There were still some major improvements to be made though. For instance, as I was checking in (after an 8 hour ride with two young children) the front desk employee took four phone calls where people inquired about availability of room, price of rooms and location of hotel. The front desk clerk spoke at length with each caller and it took a very long time to be checked in.The room that we were assigned to (this is no lie) had huge trash dumpsters backed right up into the patio portion of this room (beware room 251- I guess Priceline customers are often treated like second class citizens). My husband inquired about moving our toom and they were happy to move us to a better location.
The new room was nice. The bathroom was very small, but it worked out fine. The breakfast buffet at the hotel was great for our kids and the food was terrific. The children loved the pools and my husband and I enjoyed the hot tubs after long days in the parks. Overall, I was pleasantly pleased with this hotel.

Happy camper!

We enjoyed our stay here very much. After a poor stay in Washington DC, it was a pleasure to arrive here and be treated with consideration and professionalism. The hotel's renovations are tastefully done, and the staff was just super. We'll be back!

Winter Wonderland Hotel

I stayed at Fort Magruder a few years ago, which may alter the substance of the text that follows, but I would guess things have not changed much. I went to Williamsburg during the winter holidays and adored Fort Magruder mainly because of the winter touches. Hot apple cider in the afternoons, adorable ginger bread houses and a towering Christmas fern were but a few of the charming touches one can expect at this establishment. The rooms are nice and comfortable, but for me, the winter wonderland created in the hotel lobby was the selling point!

Terrific group services!

by TripAdvisor Member macshaw

I planned my Family Reunion at the Radisson and it was a complete success thanks to the hard work of the sales and catering staff! Kelly & Clayton were fantastic! The hotel is nice and had amenities for groups of all ages. (two pools, workout room, game room, bar, etc) It's in a good location close to Busch Gardens and Colonial Williamsburg. The guest rooms were tastefully done and clean. The rooms facing the gorgeous woods and grounds behind the hotel seem to feel a little humid, like the room is slightly damp. Try to get a room facing the front of the building. The front desk staff was friendly, but just OK, however, the hotel was completely sold out and they were handling the desk pretty well. But the best thing about the weekend was the great service they provided my group. We got a good group rate, plus free hospitality room. We had a brunch & dinner and the food at both functions was delicious and the service excellent! They really worked hard to accommodate all of our requests. I would definately suggest using the hotel for a moderate budget function. I will admit to being a bit of a hotel snob. So I probably wouldn't choose this hotel for a romantic get away with my husband because overall it's more of a mid-level Holiday Inn type of venue, but for a group like a Reunion or a family vacation it's perfect.

Overall, Very Good

We just got back from a 5 night stay at the Radisson, the location is great, just minutes from Colonial Williamsburg, Busch Garderns and Water Country. Rooms and lobby were nice and clean and the staff was very helpful, especially during a 4-hour blackout from 8:30 to 12:30 PM, which left only the hall lights working. The only complaint we had was parking, they had a few conventions and family reunions there, so finding a place to park when we returned from our daily activities was difficult, I wish they had parking permits and allocated spaces for hotel guests.

Wonderful Hotel & Staff at the Williamsburg Radission

I recently stayed at the Williamsburg Radission with my son, girlfriend & nephew in July 2004 to tour Williamsburg, Jamestown & Yorktown. I must compliment the hotel & its staff in making our stay very enjoyable.

The hotel is very nice with clean comfortable rooms. Our room overlooked the courtyard which was beautifully landscape.

The staff was extremely helpful when we needed extra items in our room and giving us tips on what sites to see in town and the best way to get there

I will definitely bring my family back for a return visit. Thank you again!

good stay

by TripAdvisor Member Bill99

Stayed here few nites and found it clean , quiet and good service. When we found out that they had us in a smoking room theyquickly solved the problem and threw in free breakfast. Rooms were clean, updated and hotel centrally located. Front desk was great. Don't believe the bad review

Clean, comfortable, and a great price for our family!!!!!

Okay, so again here we go on a family "trip" for the weekend. We have stayed at various hotel chains around the country (Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn, Hyatt, Marriott). We are now a family of five, three kids under 12 who don't care about clean or pricinig just show them the pool area!! I only care about value and my husband only comfort!!! Well that's what we got here. Not only is the hotel nice looking from the outside but pleasantly historic in it's presentation. Since it is built on an actual battlefield, they offer a glimse of the rich history of Historic Williamsburg in their lobby area. The staff was very welcoming and friendly as was the night manager, who took time to chat with us about the area. I logged on their site and was able to secure one of their "hot deals" for pricing and the room was well worth it. We had double beds, a small sitting area, clean bathroom and a balcony to sit out on which was a nice. The beds were comfy and the room was very clean and neat. The pool was just as well kept, they have a very well equipped fitness room and the jacuzzi was pure heaven. They are centrally located for the attractions and restaurants, gift shops, highways, etc. I will be staying there again on our return to this wonderful town. It is a great value for families. Stay and be just as surprised as we were!!!

Everything you'd want in an upscale hotel

My son and I recently stayed at this hotel as he was attending a conference in the building. We booked our room at a special conference rate and the staff was kind enough to let us extend our stay at the same rate even after the conference ended. The front desk staff were all pleasant and accommodating and our room attendant was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and well-stocked with high-end Spa-type herbal shampoos, natural soaps, etc. There was a nice balcony overlooking the country setting and there was a refrigerator in the room, so I could see spending more time there enjoying morning breakfast or a nice glass of wine from the local Williamsburg Winery during warmer weather. The hotel was quiet albeit this was off-season and it wasn't fully booked. The public areas are all very attractively decorated with items of historic interest to the site (Civil War Fort Magruder), well kept and the location is convenient to the Historic area as well as Yorktown and Jamestown. This is a VERY NICE HOTEL with true Southern hospitality and reflects well on the Radisson chain. We are already planning a return visit.

Comments