Days Inn Hotel Busch Gardens Area

Days Inn Williamsburg/Busch Gardens Area
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Poor

• SSerre's Profile Photo

Save money and stay here

I was pleased with my stay at this Days Inn. It was clean and comfortable and well kept, even though the building was somewhat old. More than I expect from a Days Inn. Wouldn't plan to stay there for an entire week, but it was perfectly fine for the weekend.

Location is great, right near the Theme Parks, and price was right - only $61 a night, and that was for a walk in! No problem getting three rooms with no prior reservation.

Save money and stay here - then blow your savings at the Theme Parks.

Unique Quality: Shower was hot and the water pressure was stronger than at home!

Directions: Across the road from the access road to Water Country, U.S.A., and only one exit up from Busch Gardens. Just a half mile off I-64 interstate.

More about Days Inn Hotel Busch Gardens Area

almost a dump :)

We stayed at the Days Hotel Busch Gardens the weekend of June 24 and 25. This hotel claims to be completley refurbished but....beware... the place is old and run down. There is a distinct moldy odor throughout the hotel. The beds are small and very uncomfortable. The manager was rude. The only nice thing about this hotel is the restaurant staff. They actually started their breakfast buffet two hours early, so our softball team could eat before our games. For the money, there are much nicer places to stay in Williamsburg.

Horrible

by TripAdvisor Member Vbcat3570

I stayed here because I received a deal from Interval International. I will never stay here again. When I went, the pool was closed too days and then it was dirty with leaves, dirt, and bugs. Also it had a big powl of sand in the shallow water. As far as our rooms go, dont ever walk in them. They smelled like must and cats. The carpet was musty and wet. Our room cleaner was horrible. The front desk persons were ok. The restaurant was horrible. Never eat there. The games don't even work in the room. The elevators broke down and then we constantly doing work and making noice. Whatever you do, DO NOT STAY HERE AT ALL.

great time at the day hotel

My family and I were just in williamsburg and stayed at the Days Hotel. Best Days Inn I've ever stayed at. We went to go the Busch Gardens and the hotel is 2mi from the park and stright across the street from Water country. Got there early not expecting to be able to get into our room, but they had something clean and avaible so they got us in. Had dinner in there restrant, get the Gazabo Burger good stuff. Prices we good on the room and in the restrant. Will deffently come back.

Never Again

My main comment is "Stay Away"! I have never written a review before, I feel this Days Inn needs fair warning to everyone. We stayed for 2 days at Busch Gardens on our way to Va Beach with our two grandchildren for the week. The room we stayed in was not what I would call clean. Upon pulling the bed spread down we discovered it was covered with blood all over, I reported this to the front desk and to the housekeeping staff to have it replaced - never happened, I thought about leaving it in the hallway but didn't - I should have because when we got back from a day at the park, IT WAS BACK ON THE BED - YUK!! The rooms are very small with beds that are almost sitting on the floor with paper thin sheets and pillows. My granddaughter pointed out a bug on the floor to me and it was a large cockroach! The staff does not care to hear any complaints in fact when you check out they don't even ask "how was your stay". I did not complain but was going to let them know at check out, but since they didn't ask I wasn't going to waste my time, especially since they didn't take care of the bedspread. I will never stay there again, the only thing I can say is the good reviews you read (which I fell for), I think they are all false. BEWARE

Won't return, but pool was nice!

by TripAdvisor Member papr

We stayed at the Days Inn in Williamsburg in mid July. We liked the location, a little off the beaten path. The room was "tired", looked like either the sprinklers had gone off, or the tub overflowed in the room above. The toilet was not properly secured to the floor, and would tip slightly whenever anyone used it. We heard quite a bit of hallway noise, which my husband attributed to the fact that there was a 1/4 inch gap at the top of our door. We ended up hanging a towel over the top of the door before we closed it, and the next night seemed quieter.

The hotel staff frequently take their breaks in the seating area around the pool. Many of whom were smokers. Also, a few of the staff were using language while on their breaks that was inappropriate for an area they are sharing with hotel guests.

The staff was helpful when we asked for directions. The pool was nice. We also thought that the beds were comfortable, though only doubles as opposed to a more typical queen.

With all of the hotel options in the Williamsburg area, we will probably look for somewhere else to stay in the future.

Ideal Location, Horrible Housekeeping

by TripAdvisor Member Venice_Islander

What I could see disturbed me. This makes me question EVERYTHING because it is what I cannot see that SCARES me. How clean are the sheets, towels, bathroom fixtures etc???

We found a deal online that included guest accomodations to the Days Hotel on Rt. 199 in Williamsburg, Va. that included park passes for Busch Gardens and Water Country. Upon check-in, our room had a musty smell of cigarette smoke that was unbearable, the A/C cycled on and off which kept the room from a cool temp, there was a clearly visible carpet stain caused by a drink spill that was not removed, the bathroom ceiling had water damage possibly from a floor above, in examining the A/C control settings to make it stay on, there was an accumulation of dust under the controls access door, the windows are not clean with visible streaks and cloudy haze on the surfaces. We complained and were moved to a different room that was smoke free, appeared and smelled clean. So we stayed but the initial bad impression was already made. After getting settled in and discovering other areas of the hotel, we noticed the following: On both ends of the hotel, there are windows next to where the elevators are located. On these windows, there are HUGE, dense spider web formations on all of the windows which are easily visible from the outside. Evidence that these windows are not cleaned. Next to the elevators, there are wall lights covered with spider webs which extend out to the adjacent walls. Also apparent are workmanship issues with carpet bubbles in the halls and peeling wallpaper but my concerns are centered on the housekeeping and cleanliness which from my experience was absolutely horrible.

Thumbs Up for location and cost...

by TripAdvisor Member dpkacomputer

My family and I normally stay in resorts/villas...I was very hestitate to book a stay at a hotel; ie., Days Hotel (Days Inn)...after reading the reviews I thought it can't be that bad so we gave it try. My husband and I and 2 kids(4 & 6) stayed at the property July 29th-Aug. 1st. We were in the area for a mini-vacation to Busch Gardens & Water Country and Col. Williamsburg. The outside of the hotel needs an updating appeal (looks old and doesn't give an eye appealing interest); the inside (lobby and dining area is neat, clean and has been updated; as for the rooms...they are clean, okay in size, the furniture is new looking and we never heard a sound from the adjoining rooms. I would give the rooms a 4 (on a scale 1-5) and the pool a 3, the playground a 2 (needs updating and new eqipment) and the overall satisification of the stay a "3.5-4"! We really enjoy a property with better amenties but considering the minimual time we stay in a room I would give Days Hotel thumbs UP...

Excellent location, Great hotel.

by TripAdvisor Member kjp372

Just returned from our stay at this hotel. With a convenient location to all area attractions this hotel is definitely one to consider. The hotel itself is very clean and the staff are excellent. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for an inexpensive location literally 1 minute from Water Country World and 10 minutes from Busch Gardens. Colonial Williamsburg is about 15 to 20 minutes away. The local dining is about a 10 to 15 minute drive. We cannot wait to stay here again. Wliiamsburg is a Beautiful place.

A Horrible Place To Stay

by TripAdvisor Member Beatons

We arrived at the Days Inn Hotel Busch Gardens on October 18th after driving from Nova Scotia, going to Hickory, NC then up to Williamsburg for four days. Once we arrived at the hotel they had the front entrance closed and we had to use the side entrance. The man at the front desk was not very friendly. We went into our room which was damp and smelly. Some one had been in the room before us because the imprint of their body was still on the bedspread on my sons bed. I opened the curtains and the whole inside of the window was dripping in water. The bathtub had mold on it. And all we had in the room were two facecloths no towels. I tried to use the phone and the phone wouldn't work and the wireless internet was out. After staying about 15 minutes we found a phone and called Go Williamsburg where they found us a place to stay for an excellent price. I went down to the front desk and told them we were not staying, there were no questions asked he just took our keys and said the money would go back on my credit card.

Comments