Embassy Suites Hotel Williamsburg

Embassy Suites Williamsburg
Booking.com Orbitz.com Priceline.com

Costs 71% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• spartan's Profile Photo

Close to many historical sites

A very nice hotel located near historic Williamsburg. The service is top notch, the made-to-order breakfast is delicious, the manager's evening social is awesome (drinks, snacks, etc.) and the rooms are very comfortable (with lots of room to stretch out). If you are staying in the area, I would highly recommend this place.

Unique Quality: Included in your the price you pay is the made-to-order breakfast (eggs, bacon, sausage, omelets, breads, cereals, fruit, juices, coffee, etc.) and the manager's social held every evening (sodas, beer, wine, cocktails, snacks).

There is a nice sized pool, sauna, free parking, a restaurant and work out facility on the property. Although this is an older Embassy Suites Hotel, the service is first-rate. The rooms are large and contain amenities like a microwave, 2 televisions, coffee maker, separate living room/bedroom areas, iron and ironing board and so much more.

Directions: Located north of downtown Williamsburg.

More about Embassy Suites Hotel Williamsburg

Really enjoyed my stay at the Embassy Suites Williamsburg

by TripAdvisor Member newyorkminnie

We checked into the Embassy Suites Williamsburg after checking out of another hotel in the area that was very disappointing. Embassy Suites was like a huge breath of fresh air! First of all, it's situated very nicely in a wooded area near the Walmart. So my husband would run out and in a few minutes we were able to get milk and all the little things that we forgot. It's nice and quiet, yet just a block from the main road and all the action. The lobby was very nicely decorated and inviting. The manager's reception is hosted by very friendly bartenders and has a bunch of free chips, salsa, snacks and complimentary drinks. The room was clean, nicely decorated and updated. We've stayed at other Embassy Suites where the rooms were larger, but it was just fine. Clean, comfortable and nicely decorated. The front desk staff was just delightful. This hotel also has a laundry room and so I was able to do laundry and not bring that much dirty laundry home with me. Additionally, it has a gift shop for little souvenirs. We got a good rate of $166 which made it even nicer to stay.

When I left I took a directory of their hotels and I will try to stay there again on future trips. You can't beat the convenience and privacy of the suites, the ample breakfasts and the indoor pool for the kids (a must!). I was happy at the hotel.

Bad place for young children!

I stayed here with my three small children. I usually stay at embassy or some other suite because my kids go to bed early and having two rooms is critical (they can sleep and I can stay up). I found the hotel to be used and VERY worn. The high schools and middle schools seem to use the hotel as a field trip pit stop. They ran noisily through the halls almost the entire night, the front desk could do nothing. (I did notice their chaperones enjoying the free "booze" in the lobby). The separate room was only separated with a sliding glass door. It was very loose and let the noise from my barely audible tv completely in the kids room (not to mention the light). So I tried to sit in complete silence and dark until they fell asleep. Except my 2 year old is a light sleeper and 2 hours later when I put the tv on (very low) she started screaming waking the other two up. Needless to say it was a noisy, dirty fiasco (they are in bad need of new rugs-we kept shoes on). I sat in the hall and called my husband on the cell phone and he booked me at the Williamsburg Inn for the next two nights. That place seemed like Heaven to me after this place.

just okay

by TripAdvisor Member rosannama

the hotel was just okay for me. I think it does need some renovations done, rugs, etc. A lot of class trips stay there, and it could get real noisy there at night. One thing that we were not happy about is the first day we came back from our sightseeing, our hotel room was left open for anyone to wander in. They really did not think this was a big deal, just asked if anything was taken. I thought it was a big deal.

I thought the breakfast was good, It was free. and the staff in the kitchen was very friendly.

I guess for the price we paid, I expected something a little better from the hotel. I think next time i would like to stay at one of the places in historic williamsburg.

Great for Touring Families

Stayed in a "SuperSuite". These are slightly larger suites; there are 2 supersuites and 2 jacuzzi suites at this hotel. These suites are L shaped, and located adjacent to the elevators. No elevator noise leaks in, though. While larger than the regular suites, I don't think they offer much more usable space -- the L leads down a hall into the main body of the suite. But, they do have a real, wooden door between the living area and the bedroom, instead of a sliding glass door. The room was in good condition, although the furniture was a bit less high-end than most Embassy Suites. I think the choice of walnut cabinets with gold trim instead of traditional cherry wood might not have been the best selection. However, the bed was very comfortable and our daughter slept well on the sofa bed. The pillows were thick and plentiful -- they even brought up a couple extra for my pillow-hogging husband and daughter. The carpeting was new and of good quality, could tell it was new because it was brown and the side trim was a rust print -- again, not the most stylish Embassy Suites. The staff was amazingly friendly and helpful. Great folks! Breakfast was better managed here than any other Embassy Suites I have ever stayed in (and they are my hotel of choice). More food selection than most Embassy Suites, great kitchen staff, and plenty of seating -- always a problem in an Embassy Suites in a touristy area. Again, a wonderfully personable staff. The pool was pleasant and well cared for. We'll be back on our next trip down.

About what I expected

by TripAdvisor Member EMAMOM

We spent two nights (June 27 - June 29) at the Embassy. The staff were very nice and helpful. The breakfast and evening reception were plentiful and good. We had no problem with noise and the room was spacious enough for four of us. As stated in other reviews, the room did look worn and the beds were not the most comfortable. There were signs asking guests to excuse the mess as they were making changes. Interestingly, there were two pieces of heavy of equipment in the middle of the lobby, but we never saw anyone operating them. Maybe that's the new decor! All in all, not a bad place for the money.

Delightful!

My family and I just came back from a one week vacation in Williamsburg. The Embassy Suites was a pleasant stay. The hotel staff was the best -- very courteous and helpful. The breakfast buffet line went smoothly and the people working in the kitchen were very personable. The hotel in general was clean. The rooms are a bit outdated. My only complaint is the size of the room -- a bit tight for the four of us. Maybe if you have two small children, the size would be fine. They are beginning to do renovations and should start by ordering new mattresses. However, our stay was still nice. The hotel is in a good location -- close to Busch Gardens, Water Country and all the other sightseeing places. It is tucked away behind the K-Mart shopping center, and it is surprisingly very quiet. Diagonal from the hotel is a great mini golf. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a family with little children or three in a room.

Wonderful - can't wait to go back

Just returned from the Embassy. Quiet location, but close to attractions. It was nice that you didn't have to listen to neighbors in the next room as we have experienced in other hotels. Staff was very polite and helpful. Room was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was plentiful. 5 of us were in one room and it was fine. Always had hot water when needed and strong water pressure. I understand that the rooms will be remodeled and reconfigured soon just to give the rooms a bit more space to move around in. Would stay there again even if nothing else was done to the room. It was nice to have an indoor pool for my children. My kids loved the hotel, and so did we.

A little disappointed

We love Embassy Suites but were disappointed in this hotel. The pool was too clorinated and cloudy. We tried it once but did not stay in long. It was very hot (100+) where we were there and the air was out. It came back on in the room after a few hours but the lobby and elevator were always muggy. We were on the 5th floor and the long slow ride in the elevator was miserable.

The rooms were nice and roomy for the 5 of us. We liked having the 2 TVs so the kids could watch their own shows. The quiet location was great. There is a Kmart and a Pirate golf course within walking distance. The morning buffet was great.

Disappointing!

by TripAdvisor Member medfordnjmom

This is NOT the norm for Embassy Suites! Small, dreary room, long breakfast lines, the tub didn't drain, blankets were worn and shabby, the decor was lacking. And they need at least 2 more elevators. We came from the Crystal City Embassy Suites which was great so the problems were glaring.

Staff was pleasant but not cheerful. However the person who cleaned are room was great -- everything looked perfect and she even set up the kid's stuffed animals.

It's a cafeteria line style breakfast. If you get down there at 7am it's great. 9am, yikes!

We used to choose Embassy Suites when it's an option because of the consistently good sized, clean rooms and attractive lobby and events. Not any more though

williamsburg and area

by bugalugs

Can someone give me an idea as to the distances between, Williamsburg, Hampton News, (also is Hampton the same as Hampton News). Also some Williamsburg hotels say in the historic district others say near the colonial part, is this the same. Would we have trouble parking in these historic areas if we decided to stay a bit further out, and if we did plump for a bit further out (not more than about 5 miles) where would be the best bet?
We also need to drop our son and his friend off at Busch Gardens and the water park 2 days, so that needs to be taken into consideration as well.
Hope some vt'ers can give me some help.
Thanks
Di

Re: williamsburg and area

by fredw

I shall try. from historic Williamsburg to Hampton is about 20 miles. Hampton is a small city, within the area known as Hampton roads. Newport News is the larger city adjacent to the north side of Hampton. The colonial/historc section, you cannot drive in nor park in. Some limited parking is nearby. However, a huge parking lot and visitors center is available and busses run every few minutes. Busch gardens are just a few minutes away from Williamsburg. There are many resonable hotels and motels near and in Williamsburg and non in the historic district as I recall.
Enjoy your stay in our neighborhood.
Fred

Re: Re: williamsburg and area

by bugalugs

Thank you Fred for your reply. I read that to get on the buses you also buy a pass to get into the museums which also lets you on the bus. But I dont want to go in the museums (sorry) I am not a museum kind of person, I like looking at buildings and just strolling round. Can we still use this visitors centre and still get on the bus and park at the visitors centre?
regards
Dianne

Re: Re: williamsburg and area

by fredw

do not know. the so called museums are really just entrance into the historic buildings. included in one of the different selections is a fine lunch at one of the historic taverns. however, just outside, across the street, are several fine resterants ast well.
fred