3500 Ludwell Parkway, Williamsburg, Virginia, 23188, United States
Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

More about Greensprings Plantation

Family Fun for Everyone

by TripAdvisor Member palmtre2

Greensprings Plantation is a timeshare community near all of the attractions in wonderful Williamsburg. The units are large and well maintained. They offer one to four bedroom units that are fully equip with linens and kitchen supplies. The pools both indoor and out provide relaxation and recreation. The property also has tennis, a playground, shuffleboard, minigolf and much more. There is a snack bar at the pool area that serves hot dogs,burgers and sodas as well as cocktails. Williamsburg has so much to offer from Busch Gardens and Water Country, outlet shopping, great golf (many, many courses - the property sits on the National Golf course), dinner theatre, museums and Colonial Williamsburg. We rented here with family several times and it is still our favorite summer vacation. Everyone from great-grandmom to the young ones had something to do and see.

Great Condo

by TripAdvisor Member Lynch

My wife and I stayed in a 2-bedroom condo made reservations through the entertainment book. I was a little skeptical, being a timeshare I didn't want to feel obligated to go on a high-pressure sales tour. I was pleasantly surprised, no one even mentioned it.
Our check-in was a little bit confusing, our reservation letter sent us to the welcome center on Richmond Road, they said, we were supposed to go directly to Greensprings Plantation, no big deal though, we got into our unit early, around 2:00pm, check is 4:00pm.
We were so happy with our unit, it was spacious, had a great master bathroom with large spa tub, steam shower and double sinks. We loved it.
My wife loved the balcony overlooking the woods, she enjoyed having her morning coffee outside everyday. I loved the leather recliner in the living room with the T.V. over the fireplace, felt right at home!
We had a very nice kitchen. We only had breakfast there but this place was great considering it was no more than the price of a hotel room, you could really bring the whole family comfortably.
The only thing I didn't care for was climbing the stairs to the third floor, no elevator, especially the luggage. Kept reminding me how out of shape I really am.
The amenties were excellent. Outside, inside pools, exercise room, optional day tours, great place for a family vacation.
We had an extra bedroom & bath, this place had lots of space.
I would highly recomment it to anyone!

Quiet relaxation found at Greensprings

by TripAdvisor Member helaurin

My husband and I stayed at the Greensprings Plantation for six days/five nights over the Valentine's Day holiday period. It is a gated timeshare resort community, neatly situated between old Colonial Williamsburg and Jamestown. Yorktown is about 20 miles away, also an easy excursion. For the record, we do not own any timeshares. We had won an online auction for a week's stay at any one of a number of timeshares, and selected Greensprings.
We arrived at Greensprings, and found the security gate manned. The guard verified we were expected, and directed us on up to the registration building. Check-in was simple and fairly quick. Immediately after check-in, we were directed to the Hospitality desk, which is the timeshare salesdesk, in reality. We were offered a free breakfast and $50 dinner gift certificate if we agreed to do a sales presentation and tour. We declined, and continued on to our unit.
The units are in three-story buildings, each having about a dozen units per building. There are no elevators, so if you have a problem with steps/stairs, you really should make it clear when you book if you need a ground floor unit.
We found our unit to be very clean and spacious. We had the smallest type of unit to be found on the resort - a two-bedroom unit that was actually fairly spacious. Upon entering, to our left was the living room area, including a gas fireplace, TV, DVD player, queen sleeper sofa, rocker/recliner chair and a regular chair. Beyond the living room was a balcony with seating for four and a table. To our right when entering was the dining area and the kitchen. The dining area easily can handle six to eight people. The kitchen was well stocked with cutlery, pots, pans, toaster, etc., and had full-sized appliances (refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher).
There were two bedrooms and two bathrooms. The master bedroom had a dresser, TV, VCR, and connected to the master bath with twin sinks, shower, and two-person hot tub. The other bedroom had a dresser and in our case, a pair of twin beds. The second bathroom is accessible from the common areas, and contains a single sink and combination shower/bath. The way the unit is designed, the two bathrooms, as well as a hallway closet (where we found a vacuum, mop, broom, iron and ironing board), and laundry room, act as a sound barrier providing an extra degree of privacy between the two bedrooms. I would estimate the total amount of space for our unit was about 1,200 square feet. We found it more than sufficient for our needs for the week. We did check out the activities area. The fitness room is fine for keeping toned, and has all the basic equipment (although there is mostly one of each machine). The indoor pool and jacuzzi was nice; not huge, but appeared big enough for a resort of this size. The outdoor pool also appeared to be well-maintained, although we didn't go in it (it was February - still too cold to go swimming outdoors).
We don't have small kids, but we did note a few child play areas in the resort, as well as a few outdoor grills and picnic tables.
Areas where we felt the resort could be improved include the following: (a) although there are two TV's, they seemed a bit small, perhaps 20"-22" on the diagonal. For the living room, a larger screen would be nice. (b) We could not get the regular heat to work the first two days we were there; fortunately, the gas fireplace does a great job heating the unit. (c) In the two bathrooms, we could not get any of the electrical outlets to work, which was very annoying since I use a hair dryer to dry my hair. I thought perhaps the circuit breakers had been tripped and checked them, but they were fine. (d) one of the windows in the master bedroom would not stay open; it would slide right back down in the rails. (e) although it was not the fault of the resort, a nearby construction crew accidentally caused a power outage at the resort for a few hours one day,(f) there is a single computer in the registration area for guests who need access to email or the internet. It would be a nice extra touch if there were wireless internet available in the units and (g) we had declined the offer to do a timeshare tour when we checked in. Two days later, the timeshare representative called and asked us again, and we declined; and she felt it necessary to call us again two days after that to ask us again if we might do the tour, and we declined again. It should not have been necessary for her to ask us three different times over five days the same question; we found that a minor annoyance.
Overall, we felt it was a nice place to stay, and we would stay there again.
As far as attractions in the area, we found that Jamestown and Yorktown were quiet but still enjoyable. We also went horseback riding at Stonehouse stables, and it was a nice leisurely trail ride on well-behaved horses. We ate at Captain George's Seafood, the Mystery Dinner playhouse, and the Black Angus Grill. My favorite was the Black Angus Grill; excellent prime rib.

Clean and inviting! Great space and friendly people in Williamsburg area!

What a great place! We read some of the reviews on line and were a bit concerned about the comments on ants and mice.We had that problem in a place up north. However at GP we had none of those problems. We stayed on the third floor which might be annoying for some. We were not bothered by it, due to how nice and clean, quiet, and spacious the entire place was.
My husband and I had a private master bedroom with King bed and Huge bathroom with whirlpool and seperate shower also double vanity and bowls. Our 15 year old daughter had another bedroom with
twin beds and we had a pull out sofa bed which our 17 year old son chose to sleep on. So, my daughter had her own room. There was another bathroom with tub/shower for kids. The Living/dining/kitchen area was perfect. Beautiful Leather sofa and chair and leather recliner. A nice fireplace with TV up top and we could play dvd/vcr movies.Plenty of channels to choose from. The Balcony was nice with clean, good condition patio furniture. The Dining Table was nice but the chairs were alittle in need of re-glueing at the joints. Lighting through out the whole place was great.
The kitchen had everything we needed but I would recommend bringing a frying pan and paring knife. They don't have frying pans there and the knife was very dull. Fridge was full size and clean. All other supplies were there. The other nice feature was each unit has a Laundry, Washer and Dryer. The pool was nice and clean but I would agree with others it is too shallow.The picture on line makes it look a lot bigger than it is. The people were nice and friendly and the really nice feature was the security gate.
You can't come in unless your'e a guest. We had to show our parking pass at the gate whenever we came back from going somewhere.Our favorite was a very nice guard named Ron. The area had great historic sites, We visited Jamestown and Yorktown. We also went to Water country and Busch gardens. You have to study the maps so you don't get lost. The highways are a bit confusing. Especially after going into the shopping plazas. You have to know which exits to take so you don't end up going the wrong directions. We got the hang of it after a few wrong turns. I suggest the FoodLion for Groceries but you need a savings card, which you can get online. Or the Ukrops which the GP gives you a savings card to shop there also. GP also has movies to rent( Nice selection) and many other extras like Tennis courts with lights and mini golf, basketball, etc.
All in all a great place to visit.

Please Hire Some Housekeepers!

by TripAdvisor Member zeetraveler

I stayed at Greensprings for 5 days on a travel Promotion When I arrived I loved the security at the gate it made you feel safe the place looked great from the outside the units are spacious has a full kitchen separate bedroom and living room then I looked on the terrace and there was dog poop on the terrace and the it was dirty with cigarettes and branches scattered around I called to the front desk and after the third call they finally cleaned it up. but I still never used the terrace my whole visit. let me tell you a few things about the property that they dont always tell you before you visit first check out is at 10:00 or you incur huge fees second housekeeping on this property just does not exist and this is a shame since this is not a bad place to visit it seems like they are using there mantiennace people to do the housekeeping instead of hiring real experienced housekeepers. And before long you turn into your own housekeeper eample sheets were not clean when I arrived I had to put them in the washer and dryer in the unit. also this property is next door to a golf course and they tell you the resort will not be responsible if a golf ball would do any damage such as bust out windows in your car. the club house is nice but if your unit is far away you have to drive to get to the activities. all and all a nice resort with no housekeeping.

Excellent stay

by TripAdvisor Member Kevcar35

We went the week of June 19th. We had an excellent time. THe room was clean and the staff was excellent. Even the guards at the gate. They helped us whenever we needed it and greeted us each time with a smile and a wave. The staff in the office was a great help also. Washer and dryers in the room was a great bonus. They have no maid service but that was fine. We lacked for nothing and didnt have to worry about maids coming in. My sister owns a time share so they didnt hound us to buy, they gave us a free breakfast and for our time they gave us $50 in Busch bucks to use at Busch Gardens. All she did was let them explain their points program for time share owners.It was helpful to her and we benefited alot.

Great stay at Greensprings

We stayed at Greensprings the last week of July & were very pleased with the resort. We had a 2 bedroom/2bath unit which was very spacious, beautifully decorated & clean, backing up to the golf course.
The staff was pleasant, did not pressure us to go to a timeshare presentation after we declined & called the unit after the 1st day to make sure everything was ok.
Pool area was lovely with a bar, also a great workout room. Guards at front gate were pleasant & helpful.
I'd definitley recommend for family or couple getaway, close to outlets, busch gardens & colonial williamsburg.

Excellent family vacation

by TripAdvisor Member saira

I spent 1 week with 8 other family memebrs, we had two, two bedroom condo next to each other, the rooms were nicely decorated, the kitchen had everthing needed. The washer and dryer was very convenient. The livivng room felt like home. The landscapes is beautiful and very well maintained. We were a short walking distance to the pool, some of the other units would be further. The pool was lovely. The jacuzzi was a great luxary after a long day at Bush Gardens
The location of the resort to the attractions OK, not very far.
The only thing I found that needed to change were the commodes. They look a bit old and slightly stained.
But overall I have been going to Williamsburg every year for the last 4 year and my family still have the best time there. This time our stay at the Greenspring made it even more enjoyable.
I would recommend this place for a wonderful family vacation.

Above My Expectation

My husband and I stayed at Greensprings this past weekend. It was above and beyond our expectation. Nice gated resort, quiet, clean and plenty of room. Very convenient to everything in Williamsburg. The staff was very friendly and helpful.
Being Virginian's living in Northern Virginia it was a nice change of pace. Highly recommend.

Relaxing & spacious

My wife Boo Boo and I stayed from Feb 18-26, 2006. We really enjoyed Greensprings!! I would say the previous lady's review on this resort was pretty comprehensive and accurate. To add our $0.02:
- kitchen is full and complete...feel free to buy groceries at nearby Ukrops and you can make a few meals at home
- don't count on the indoor pool...it is very shallow and overpopulated (outdoor pool looks nice, though...closed at this time as it's too cold)
- bring your walking shoes...jump onto the paved cart path and do a 40 minute walk of the back 9 of Williamsburg National Golf Course (very invigorating!)
- restaurants: Boo Boo really liked La Tocata for Mexican (authentic); The Cheese Shop was awesome for a real VA ham sandwich (just off Colonial Williamsburg); Pierce's Pitt BBQ is out in the sticks but worth the drive; Chicohominy House is friendly and nice for a Plantation Breakfast; Boo Boo also really enjoyed Sal's by Victor for Italian
- the timeshare pitch should be avoided...they pitch it as a 'welcome session' and act under the assumption that you are attending, but you can decline.....a waste of 2hrs of your life and a waste of a breakfast (blechhh)
- do hit the campus of William & Mary....some great buildings and a really nice campus (you can also get in some high speed internet access in the main library)
- we flew into Washington and drove a pleasant 2.5hr south to Williamsburg...a nice way to see Washington at beginning/end of your trip if interested [go from relaxation of 1766 to hustle of D.C. all in one vacation!!]

If anyone has further questions or wants to see some photos, Boo Boo is the computer expert and can be reached at locksmith_21@hotmail.com

Monument to the first Thanksgiving in AmericaMonument to the first Thanksgiving in America

The Anglican churchThe Anglican church