Hampton Inn and Suites Williamsburg - Richmond Road

1880 Richmond Road, Williamsburg, Virginia, 23185, United States
Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg-Richmond Rd.
Travelocity Orbitz.com Expedia.com

More about Hampton Inn and Suites Williamsburg - Richmond Road

Best hotel in Williamsburg

by TripAdvisor Member katciampi

Great hotel and location. Staff was helful and friendly. Rooms were spacious and very clean. We have stayed in Williamsburg many times, and this is the best place for a family. The pool was open until llpm and the breakfast was healthy and fresh. The hotel is close to both Busch Gardens and downtown Williamsburg. We highly recommend this hotel

Great hotel for vacationing family!!!!

This hotel offered everything hot buffet breakfast, indoor heated pool open till 11pm each night, wi-fi, fitness center, coffe round the clock, and most importantly the most accomadating hotel staff I have ever stayed had. I would recommend this hotel to everybody traveling to Williamsburg....If you want a great hotel at a great value go with the Hampton Inn and Suites!!!

Good choice for families with kids

by TripAdvisor Member MROMom

I chose this hotel based on the positive reviews on this website. It worked fairly well. We are a family of four; with two young kids. The breakfast buffet and the pool were important to us. The breakfast had a good cold items and limited hot items. During our stay, there were egg patties, sausage patties and waffles. There were also Crispy Creme donuts, muffins, cereal, fruits, etc. The eating area was very small. Many folks did have to eat in their rooms. The pool was good. No jacuzzi though. Exercise room was very small; with 2-3 equipments.

Our room was quite room. It barely fit two double beds in. We didn't spend too much time in the room so that was ok. The microwave was helpful since restaurants were expensive in Williamsburg. You can do limited cooking in your room. The location is descent. The hotel was about 5-10 minutes from Colonial Williamsburg, 10-15 minutes from Jamestown and 15-20 minutes from Busch Garden.

We were happy to have chosen Hampton Inn. There are tons of hotels in Williamsburg but some of them looked very old; even named brand ones. Near Hampton Inn, there are some new hotels. But when you look at a list, it's hard to tell which ones are new. It may be helpful to call the hotel and ask when it was built before you commit to one.

Great stay for long weekend

by TripAdvisor Member Jenabelle1973

Stayed for 3 nights in late April with husband and small toddler. Front desk staff very nice and helpful - called to ensure room was to our liking. Everything was very clean and well maintained. Double suite was huge! Kitchenette with all amenities (fridge, micro, 2 burners, sink, dishwasher, etc.), living area with TV, enormous bedroom with sink area and separate bath/toilet area. Plenty of room for us and for our toddler to run around and play. Only wish they'd had a DVD (do have a VCR). Pool was average size - nice and clean, a little cool, but not cold. Breakfast was good - above average cotinental, with very nice service staff. Hotel was rather crowded with school groups, but still quiet and clean. Our room faced the road, but was still quiet. We occasionally heard running kids in the hallways during the day, but never heard a soul at night. Convenient to shopping and eating, a few minutes drive to sites. Can walk to great mini golf, Mexican, chain eateries, 7-11, etc. Would stay again!

Pretty Good

I just stayed in this hotel with a few of my friends Memorial weekend and it was wonderful. The hotel including the suite that we stayed in was very clean. They also include continental breakfast which was pretty good. I recommend this hotel for those who can't afford to stay in a 5 star hotel but still want to stay in a hotel which meets the standards.

The Best Service Ever!!! Close to everything!

What can I say, I loved it! Daryll, the concierge, is the best! He knew what restautants to send us to and the hotel gave us 10% off coupons to eat and other things. The front desk printed out directions for us anywhere we wanted to go. I was very impressed and they truly had the Southern hospitality down. You must try Red, Hot and Blue. Their service was great and the food was delicious if you like BBQ. Then, a must...The Trellis near Collonial Williamsburg. It is not far from the hotel. They have awesome dessert and the front desk told us about it as well as the waitor at Ruby Tuesday, which is next door to the hotel. Try the Death By Chocolate cake for $6.50. There were outdoor tables with floating candles and it was jumpin' at 9PM. Very romantic.

The breakfast was good. We never ate breakfast out. Coffee and cocoa 24/7, bagels, eggs for breakfast. Muffins and Krispy Kreme donuts! The pool was full of kids all the time but that is ok. The rooms smelled fresh as soon as the door opened. It was sad leaving.

Very pleased with Hampton Inn - Richmond Road

My family of four (12 yr old & 3 yr old) stayed at the Hampton Inn - Richmond Road and were very pleased with this hotel. I booked solely based on Tripadvisor reviews and am very happy with our choice. The location is great. Close to attractions and many restaurants are within walking distance. The front desk staff gave us a paper with directions to all area attractions. I booked a two bedroom suite and the room was spacious and very clean. The housekeeping staff is great and very friendly, as was the rest of the staff that we dealt with. They allowed us to check in an hour early (this was great so my 3 year old could rest) . The breakfast buffet is wonderful, we were full every day and every day they had a different hot dish along with cereal, bagels, toast, fresh fruit, biscuits, juices, coffee (I am sure I am forgetting other things). They also have an very clean indoor pool which was nice because one day we were they it rained all day. Plenty of close parking also. When I booked this hotel, it was #1 and I can see why. We will definately stay here on our next visit to Williamsburg.

Perfect for families with teens

Our family of 5, with three teenagers, just finished a 6-night stay and this place was perfect. The suite was very large and clean. The kitchen area was just right for storing food and leftovers (fridge) and preparing lunches each day to take to parks. Very convenient to Col. Williamsburg, Busch Gardens, etc. Morning breakfast was excellent, with plenty of seating provided (~20 tables) as long as you didn't go down at 8:30am with everyone else! Front desk staff maybe the best I've experienced. Very safe and well-lit hotel. If you are taking your family to this area, definitely choose this hotel.

Very clean rooms - hotel

The Hampton Inn Suites is a very nice hotel with a very nice staff. The room was as clean as I've ever seen a room.

The whole area around Williamsburg and Richmond Road is upscale and you should be prepared to spend more than you normally do for rooms and food. However, the facilities were nice and it didn't feel like a rip-off. I was afraid, given the touristy nature of the area that I wouldn't get anything for the extra money.

This Hampton Inn and Suites is convenient, clean and with good service. Don't hesitate to stay here. The pool was nice, if a little cold - there is no hot tub - if you care about those things.

Great Stay- June 9th-15th

by TripAdvisor Member champdds

Great check-in with very friendly manager on duty, answered numerous questions about the area and provided excellent help. Location is excellent, we were at Colonial Williamsburg and Busch Gardens easily, and there are numerous restaurants nearby, a lot within walking distance. My family of 5 (children are 14,11 and 7) were amazed at the size of the room, and having a separate door from the 'den' is nice for the teenager staying up late to watch television. One drawback is the small bathroom counter and having only one sink was sometimes difficult to all get ready in the morning using it.The kitchen was great to have, especially the full size fridge ! Parking was abundant, and the breakfast was good. I enjoyed having the mini-mart type snacks available at the front desk, since they had a variety of Ben and Jerry's on hand. I would definitely stay at this location again, as we did see some other hotels in the area, that were less than esthetically appealing, and this was a great one...

Comments