Holiday Inn Williamsburg-Historic Gateway

Travelocity HolidayInn.com Expedia.com

More about Holiday Inn Williamsburg-Historic Gateway

We'll be Back Soon

by TripAdvisor Member chap914

New facility, nice modern rooms, comfortable beds plus an indoor pool, fitness center and small business center; Staff was tops. Close to Colonial Williamsburg visitors center. Only negative was the restaurant which I'd recommend you avoid. Try breakfasts at Cracker Barrell up the street; dinners at any number of area restaurants.

Excellent Experience at this New Concept Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member Cruise2Travel!

I made reservations at this hotel via internet in March (for June travel) based on the excellent traveler reviews on this website cine it was rated #1. I got an excellent nightly rate for a King room. This hotel opened within the last year and is a new concept in hotels for Holiday Inn. We were extremely pleased with everything about the hotel. The free wireless internet was great using our laptop most of the time, although a little spotty at times. We were there on leisure, so no problem. The personnel were very welcoming upon check-in and pleasantly surprised us with an upgrade ,since I signed up for the Priority Club, from a King Leisure room to a King Suite which had a living room and bedroom with microwave and refrigerator. We used the jacuzzi and pool which were very clean. The location was excellent and quiet on Bypass Rd , close to Colonial Williamsburg and everything else, but not right on the main drag (Richmond Rd) . We did not eat at the hotel restaurant due to sleeping later in the mornings, and being out and about during dinner hours. During the time when the hotel restaurant was closed (lunch hours), we were given recommendations by the front desk personnel of local places to eat in Williamsburg. We ate at the Gazeebo next door, the Cheese Shop twice at Merchant's Square (right next to Colonial Williamsburg), Sal's Italian by Victor in a shopping center, and the Peking Buffet, all of which provided great food. Overall, the hotel stay experience was exceptional and beyond what we expected for a Holiday Inn. If you choose this location, you won't be disappointed.

Holiday Inn is the best in town!!!

by TripAdvisor Member sunshine94

My sister-inlaw graduated from William and Mary in May so my family and I chose to stay at the Holiday Inn. Wow....what a great hotel! The location is perfect as it takes no more than a few minutes to get to good restaurants,the W&M campus and even the outlet malls.I have two young children aged 4 years and 11 months and the hotel catered for my every need concerning my children. We stayed in a beautiful,spacious room, with a lounge area and a fairly large bathroom. The entire room was clean,fresh linen and there was ample space for the children to play. There is also a large,fun swimming pool which both my children enjoyed. The restaurant at the hotel, Bistro 515 was perfect. Breakfast was served on time,and the food was delicious. The staff were all extremely friendly, helpful and the overall service was great! We also had my sister-inlaws graduation dinner at Bistro 515 and the hotel catered a splendid menu. I am an avid traveller and it is rare that I find a hotel so accomodating,especially with two children. We will certainly return and stay at the Holiday Inn if we are ever back in Williamsburg.

Impressive Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member cwal

This hotel could have been re-located to Manhattan and the decor would have fit right in. The room was beautiful with chocolate and aqua colored linens with dark chocolate stained furniture and granite counters in the bath. The spacious lobby had a slate floor, glass and wood check-in desk, and contemporary furnishings. It was not at all what I expected for about $100 a night. The check in was quick and friendly, the mattress was very comfortable, and the pool/hot tub/fitness center was well maintained and clean.

The hotel was conveniently located to Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown, and Yorktown and the Colonial Highway. There were numerous restaurants nearby (the hotel's restaurant was full service was too pricey) and the hotel was close to shopping (Prime Outlets), mini-golf, and other conveniences.

I would not hesitate to stay there again.

New, nice, but strange cooling/heating system

by TripAdvisor Member CoastinMN

Like everyone else we too were impressed by the modern decor, this is one very new hotel! The color scheme in the rooms is dark, and if you love green (as in your grandmother's old sofa green) this place is perfect for you.

We had a suite and in the bedroom is a 3'x6' metal plate with slats that serves as an air intake and something else we're not quire sure of. It was in the 90's every day and it was struggling to keep the room cool. By morning it sounded like there was a waterfall running behind this grate/panel - very strange for a new hotel. This was on the top floor, tried two different rooms the first was downright hot with seemingly no hopes of cooling down.

Another minor gripe is they have HD TV's with low quality analog cable signal - can't believe the cost would be that much higher to upgrade the service.

Otherwise this hotel is in a great location, very clean, friendly staff, and aside from the funky central heating/cooling sytem a very nice place to stay.

First Class

by TripAdvisor Member wkrebs

I stayed at the Holiday Inn & Suites last week on a business trip to Williamsburg, VA. The hotel was very accomodating to my last minute request. The hotel and the grounds were exceptional. Brand new construction. Lobby area and service were first class. I didn't use any of the ameneties but there were many to choose from (pool, workout, etc). The room was very modern, clean. First class all the way. I was very impressed with the quality of the bathrooms, toiletries, sheets and the overal facilities. I would definitely stay here again next time in the area.

30th Birthday Weekend

by TripAdvisor Member Blaccofe

I stayed at this hotel for my 30th birthday weekend and I must say this is WONDERFUL hotel and staff. Upon arrival, the staff was courteous, knowledgeable, and extremely helpful on the area's attractions. They particularly told us to stay clear of certain time share presentations/ offers (and they were right). The restaurant food was great and the patio and swimming pool was cozy. I stayed in the one bedroom (king) suite. The room was contemporary design, clean, and comfortable. I walked the room floors bare foot with no reservations. Very clean, very nice. I can't say enough!!! I DEFINITELY come back again.

Clean, convenient, nice hotel....

by TripAdvisor Member monkeydevil

Just got back from 5 days with my sister in Williamsburg (July 30th-Aug 3rd); had a wonderful time. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Historic Main Gate and were very pleased with the location, the cleanliness and the friendly, helpful staff. Our room was nicely decorated and everything was spotless. There is an indoor pool and hot tub which is nice but as the temps every day ranged from low to high 90's we really would have loved an outdoor pool.
It was minutes from Colonial Williamsburg and Busch Gardens and Water Country were only 15 min away. We didn't eat any meals in the hotel restaurant but heard the dinners were very good there. Parking was convenient. It was also nice to have the refrigerator in the room to keep water bottles and soda cold.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member roadtriper1

Stayed at the Holiday Inn while visiting Williamsburg and Busch Gardens. Very clean and nicely decorated. Great rates. Staff were friendly and helpful. Continental breakfast was basic including cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit, toast, coffee, etc. I would recommend this hotel for anyone travelling to Williamsburg.

nice place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member screennamesstink

We just returned from 4 nights here. It is a very nice Holiday Inn. Very up to date colors and interior design, nice lobby and the rooms are excellent. We used Holiday Inn rewards points, so our stay was completely free, which makes everything seem rosier, but I would definitely stay here again (if I could not afford to stay at the Williamsburg Lodge...).
Per our request, we were upgraded to a suite and it was great! A good size lounge with a pull-out sofa, microwave and fridge, nice bathroom and a great bedroom with two queen beds.
The place was squeaky-clean and the staff most helpful.
You do need to drive to Colonial Williamsburg, it is not within walking distance.

Westover PlantationWestover Plantation

The Tri-Centennial monumentThe Tri-Centennial monument

Kimball's TheatreKimball's Theatre

Loyalist prisoner, Gaol, Colonial WilliamsburgLoyalist prisoner, Gaol, Colonial Williamsburg

Comments