Kingsgate Resort

619 Georgetown Crescent, (formerly Fairfield Kingsgate Resort), Williamsburg, Virginia, 23185, USA

Wyndham Kingsgate
Orbitz.com Booking.com WYKingsgate.com

Costs 76% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• deecat's Profile Photo

Perfect Location While Visiting Williamsburg

While visiting Colonial Williamsburg for three days, we stayed at Fairfield Williamsburg at Kingsgate Resort. What a fantastic place this was! Our townhouse was two bedrooms, two baths, Living Room/Dining Room Combination, Full Kitchen, and a Hot Tub Room!

It was located less than one mile from the Williamsburg historic area, which was quite convenient for us.

We were just amazed at how well furnished the place was. The Master Bedroom was huge and had a four poster king-sized bed and beautiful chests and lamps. Off the Master Bedroom was a paneled Hot Tub Room...Wow and Wow!

This room looked out toward a wooded area.
    There was a washer and dryer in the unit. The Master Bath had a large soaking tub and shower. The second bathroom had a wonderful steam shower.

Unique Quality: The indoor and outdoor pools are adjacent to the recreation center. The center has an adult billiard room, family game room, video arcade, computer library, sauna, and a fitness center. There are two tennis courts, a miniature golf course, outdoor grills, and a jungle gym for children.

This is one fine resort, indeed.

• marca's Profile Photo

Fairfield at Kingsgate

Unique Quality: Fairfield is not a hotel. It looks just like a condo complex. You can rent a 1 or 2 bedroom condo for a week. The 2 bedroom units have full kitchen, dining room, living room w/sofabed and 2 baths. There are 2 pools, tennis courts and minigolf on the premises. The place is great for a family reunion type vacation.

Directions: Just off the Route 60 bypass west of Colonial Williamsburg.

More about Kingsgate Resort

Can't wait to go back

My family stayed for a week. We had the best time. We go to Williamsburg every year. This has been the best place to stay so far. Everything from food to fun was so close by. We made new friends at Fairfield. There is so much to do, that you don't even have to leave the Kingsgate Resort. My kids ages range from 11-20, there was something to do for all. We own Hilton but they just don't compare to all we get at Fairfield. Thank-you to all at Kingsgate, we wish we could come back this year (2005) but we could not get in using our Hilton points.

4th of July in Colonial Williamsburg

by TripAdvisor Member Treveler

This was our first visit to Williamsburg (my husband and I) and it won't be our last. We really enjoyed the entire trip. Kingsgate Resort was close to everything. We spent 2 days in Colonial Williamsburg, 1 day in Yorktown and 1 day in Jamestown. I wish we had planned a longer trip. There is so much history in that area. We ran out of time and never got to any of the plantations or the Yorktown Victory Center. We did spend an afternoon at the Jamestown Settlement. Be sure to watch the glass blowers at Jamestown, it is facinating. We bought the 3 day pass for Colonial Williamsburg and would not have been able to go into the Governors' Palace or the Capitol without a pass. Don't miss the movie at the Visitor's Center in Williamsburg.

Our unit (1 bedroom) was spacious, clean, and furnished beautifully. Our building must have had good soundproofing, because we never heard any noise even though it was full. The pools were very nice and the minature golf course looked like a lot of fun. We were so busy going other places that we never did play.

If you go in July--be prepared for heat and humidity. We bought a case of water and ran out. We cooked in our unit a couple of nights and found everything we needed (dishes, pans, etc.) It was nice to have a washer/dryer in the unit.

The staff were very helpful. We arrived at midnight and had no trouble checking in. Would we stay there again? In a heartbeat!

Wonderful place to stay & great location!

My family (2 adults & 2 kids) rented a 1 BR at the Fairfield Kingsgate from 7/31/05-8/5/05 and I can't say enough great things about it!
The room was immaculately clean and all linens and towels were provided. It even had a washer & dryer and a kitchen with all the utensils, pots & pans, plates, etc. It was in a central location and right around numerous restaurants.
The ammenities on the grounds were super too! There were 3 swimming pools, a mini-golf course, a playground, a fitness room, a restaurant, a little lake and lots of space to walk around! Plus they have a game room and a room for adults to play pool. They also had a list of board games that you could check out for kids and adults to play. Fantastic!
The only complaints that I had were that the bathroom wallpaper was needing to be replaced, there were only enough dishes for 4 (so after every meal I had to wash everything) and EVERY MORNING someone from "guest services" called us to see if they could pursuade us to sit through an hour presentation about owning a timeshare at Fairfield. Take it from me...don't answer the phone!
Overall it was a great experience at a great price!

Not a dream

Just returned last night - Oct 9th. We had received a "dream vacation" from Fairfield Resorts which included 7 nights @ Kingsgate. We were to check in with the visitor center before going to the Kingsgate.....unfortunately that closed before our plane arrived! When we tried to check-in the clerk was rude & said he didn't know what to do with us....but he did find a 1 bdrm unit for us. The kitchen was small & had NO counter space, no storage for food other than fridge. (that's why we own timeshares- we cook on vacation) There was a white spot on green carpet that I cleaned up with soap & water because it was discusting:( Sink drained very slowly...reported 1st day plumber never showed during our stay Had NO cleaning/maid service the whole 7 days!!! When we checked out the clerk didn't even say thank you or thanks for staying there or even asked if we enjoyed or stay or if everything was ok!

VERY NICE RESORT--BUT...

the resort itself is quite lovely. there are two outdoor pools & one indoor pool. also a sauna/whirlpool outside. there is a separate pool for adults only with an aesthetically pleasing waterfall. you can enjoy billiards, ping pong, arcade games, etc...on the premises you will also find nice tennis courts, and a super neat 19 hole mini golf course. they also rent movies in the rec center & have a snack shack nearby with an assortment of sandwiches, salads, pizza, etc. nearby. everything was beautiful until the visitors in the white panel van from north carolina arrived...unfortunately (for us) they were lodging above us on the third floor. we put up with what sounded like a refrigerator being knocked over (about a dozen times), screaming & hollering, slamming doors, running up and down the stairs, etc... the adults were mid-thirties- the three girls with them ranged from about 9 to 15. seemed to be healthy and brimming with vim & vigor among other things... they parked in an oversized handicap space with no permit or concern for anyone who may have needed it. i had a headache from all of the stomping and screaming so we had to call security, nothing changed so we just lived with it. besides the ----- we had a good time. we stayed in building 35 unit 201A & the only other thing i can think of is the king bed could use a new mattress. its kind of thin. otherwise it was very clean & nicely appointed with attractive furnishings and interior decor. also,dining at aberdeens is a must...superb waitstaff...superb food.

Will Not Go Again

by TripAdvisor Member natlin18

I'm Fairfield Owner and one again Fairfield has let me down. My husband and I stayed in a 1 bedroom unit. We could hear the people in the room next to us, their were toothpaste stains on the shower curtain and we had to kill 2 bugs (roaches?). The kitchen looked like it hadn't been upgraded in 20 years. We cut our weekend stay to one night. On a good note, the staff was friendly and they have 24 hour check in.

Great accomodations for my family

by TripAdvisor Member victorko

I booked a 1 bedroom suite through Expedia for 2/17/05 to 2/21/05. The first 3 nights were $72/night. I was impressed by the accomodations so I added a 4th night for $89/night. The room included a full kitchen (full sized refrigerator, electric range/oven, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, dishwasher) along with all the pots + pans + cutlery and 4 place settings. The room also has a washer and dryer. The recreation center is also great (lighted tennis courts, exercise room, game room - including ping pong table, air hockey table, big screen TV, indoor swimming pool). There is also a computer room with 2 computers that you can access the internet. There is also an ethernet connection in the computer room. There also is an adults only lounge for those over the age of 18. This is because there is a fireplace, pool table, and tables (? for poker). I have a 1 year old and the hotel provided a crib with mattress and a sheet ($5/night or $15/week).

The outdoor pool looked very inviting for the summer time. You also have access to the 2 other Fairfield resorts (Governor's Green - newer, Patriot's Place). I went to the rec center at Governor's Green which has pretty similar amenities to Kingsgate.

As for Colonial Williamsburg itself, I should let you know that you don't have to pay for a ticket to get onto the grounds. You can walk the streets, goto the restaurants, hear the pipe and fife parade, and go shopping in the stores WITHOUT a ticket. The colonial sampler ticket allows you acces to the short plays and sights (apothecary, basket weaver, blacksmith, gunsmith). Honestly, no one really checked out tickets though except for the Governor's Palace, Capitol, 2 museums which had tours and special events. When I took my wife and daughter, I got a 3 day ticket. The Governor's Key ticket normally is 2 days but because this was the low season, a 3rd day was added for free. Half the places was difficult to access with a stroller and I imagine a wheelchair. Our baby slept for 2 hours during the middle of the day, so that was a good time to goto special events (lectures).

I do not recommend going to eat at the onsite restaurants. They are very expensive ($30/entree). I would recommend going to one of the restaurants listed by fodors.com. I would also highly recommend going to Pierce's Pitt barbeque which I found by making a wrong turn. http://www.pierces.com/ It is a great place for families (cheap, lots of parking/seating). There is a Walmart which sells groceries and Kmart.

Email me if you have questions.

Nice Place Great Deal

by TripAdvisor Member A David

This Resort is a great find! Great location on the bypass and only 2 miles from Colonial Williamsburg. Many restaurants and shopping on the bypass. Grocery and drug stores were within 2 miles also. Busch Gardens was an easy 15 minute drive away. This was a high-quality family condo-type resort with efficient and friendly staff especially in the activity center and ticket office. We stayed in a 2-bedroom, 2 bath deluxe unit. It was perfect for our family with 3 kids. The unit had 3 TVs and a VCR. It also had a full kitchen and compact washer/dryer.

The resort has 2 outdoor pools and 1 indoor pool. It was too cold for the outdoor pools (at least for the adults) but warm enought to lay out on the clean comfortable pool deck. They also had putt-putt, a playground, and 2 tennis courts.

The activity center had video games, pool tables, ping pong, and a computer center with internet access.

We found this resort on expedia at a great rate (99.00 a night) at the last minute and were happy to pay the cancellation fee at the hotel we had originally booked.

Comments