Quality Inn Lord Paget

901 Capitol Landing Rd, Williamsburg, Virginia, 23185, United States

More about Quality Inn Lord Paget

Reclaiming Vacation!!!!!! YEAH!!!

After a horrible experience at the Quarterpath Inn (checked in and out within 10 minutes) , the staff at the Lord Paget Inn were a sight for sore eyes. Thinking our vacation was a bust we searched around for a place to stay and found the Lord Paget Inn had a room available for the entire week we needed. It was by far the best place we had stayed in years! Beautiful, sparkling rooms with wooden victorian style headboards and beautiful grounds! Ducks and geese paraded the grounds and there is a pond for fishing, a small golf green, a beautiful pool and awesome Coffee house. Each morning we could go endulge in a great continental breakfast which included pastries, waffles, cereal, cantelope and so much more. I cant' say enough about it! Our 3 year old called it his "New Room"... it was very family friendly. Thanks to the Lord Paget Inn we experienced a True Family Vacation.

Not as great as I expected

After reading all the great reviews for the Quality Inn Lord Paget, I called and booked a room for our trip to Williamsburg. I got a great price and the lady on the phone was extremely nice. When we arrived, we checked in at the hotel office which was very nice. The room was not so nice. I went to check out the bathroom and lifted the seat to discover urine dripping down the toilet (yes, this is what it was) and hair on the toilet. I freaked out because there is no way that the room was properly cleaned before we arrived. I had some wipes and I cleaned the toilet myself. I didn't report this to the hotel front desk. There was hair around both sinks and alot of black grunge. The air wasn't working so we called the front office and they immediately came down and exchanged the air unit. Then, I went to take a shower, the hot water faucet was broken. After reporting this, we left for dinner. It was fixed when we returned. The tile in the bathroom was dirty and in need of repair. There are ducks/geese walking around the parking lot because of the lake there. We were constantly dodging the mess in the parking lot left by them. I must say that the staff at the hotel was very, very nice and very quick to fix all of the small problems. Also, the breakfast was pretty good and the staff in the coffee house there was extremely friendly and did a great job during the breakfast rush. With all said, the people are so nice at this hotel, probably nicer than at most large chains. The hotel itself needs alot of work and needs to be thoroughly cleaned.

Best vacation ever!!

by TripAdvisor Member irish1034

We have been going to Williamsburg for the past 18 years. We have always stayed at another hotel, but were forced to find a new one last year because of remodeling. We stayed at a hotel on Bypass road last year but were not pleased with it, so we drove around and found the Lord Paget. I have kept an eye on TripAdvisor for the last few months and decided to book one of the larger rooms down by the lake. We couldn't have been more pleased at the sight of our room and the location. The room was big enough for all five of us and it had a lovely patio to enjoy the beautiful view of the lake and all of it's inhabitants. These "friends" kept us amused during our entire stay. It was so nice not to be stuck in our room and that you were able to sit outside especially at night. Our room had a microwave and fridge and we needed to have a cot and were pleasantly suprprised that it was a double size one. The grounds were kept nicely, the pool area was quaint and the coffee shop had the best continental breakfast with so much to choose from. We have found a New Hotel and hope that we will be spending the next 18 years here.

Incredible value

by TripAdvisor Member Bouff

We were planning to spend 6 nights at Williamsburg and wanted a Hotel near to the Historic Area. There are a multitude of Hotels in this area and Trip Advisor was my source of recommendations. I have never used Choice Hotels before and was a little sceptical especially having read the Travel Agents review. However our stay was absolutely delightful. I had booked well in advance and booked a more expensive room as the prices were so reasonable . We were not disappointed. We were given a room in the Lake House a small block of 5 rooms situated immediately by the Lake. We were constantly entertained by the Ducks, squirrels and also saw the Heron. What a delightful location! The breakfast was very good and whilst, as others have said, the property may be dated it is very nicely kept, including the pool. I can understand why people keep coming back here!

considerate staff

by TripAdvisor Member Chaucerian

I love this motel (and it is a motel -- when I was there in spring 2004 they were just sprucing it up for the fifty-year celebration of its opening). It's on the quiet side of Williamsburg, in the middle of a little grove with a pond. My room was large and had a nice view of flowering plants. This is the only place I have ever stayed where management actually called up to find if everything was to my liking.

Lived up to this site's recommendation

by TripAdvisor Member caper5

Booked this hotel on this sites user recommendations. Good call. Site very good, room very well appointed. Service good. Also situated in a quiet part of the town.

My Favorite Hotel

We have stayed here on and off since 1976. This place only gets better. Its a charming old style Motel. The rooms are clean and neat. The breakfast in the morning is great. The pool and lake are great. It is always a relaxing stay when we go to Williamsburg. Can't wait to the next visit.

victim of theft

Thought I would have a relaxing few days and instead had my purse stolen directly from the hotel's breakfast room!! In NO LESS than 30 seconds my purse was stolen from the continental breakfast room...with only 3 other people in the room at 7:15 in the morning!!! All I did was walk out the door, realize my purse was still in there, and until I walked back in...it was GONE!! What made the entire deal worse...there was not ONE ounce of support from the hotel staff!! I asked them to call the police, I asked the other 3 people in the breakfast room if they saw anything, I searched the cabinets...bushes...grounds; not one of the hotel staff offered to help me and upon leaving the next day, not one staff member asked if I had heard anything or offered any other assistance. Not only will I NEVER stay there again, but I doubt I'll ever go to Williamsburg again either!!

Our favorite

My husband and I started staying at the LD Paget 15 years ago. It is by far the most comfortable place to stay in Williamsburg with the best prices. We have taken family and friends to Williamsburg numerous times and we always use the Paget. On our honeymoon, I left the gift my husband gave me in the room and too my absolute delight, I got a call from the Paget when I got home saying they had my jewlery and had already put it in the mail. You won't get any better than that.

Not luxurious, but excellent value & child friendly

by TripAdvisor Member OldMagnolia

Frankly, after a lot of research and advice, we found Wmsburg lacked attractive hotel and motel choices: overpriced (poor value), or el cheapo, or child unfriendly.
I recommend this one for location, price, helpfulness of staff, lovely pool area, and breakfast options. Room was small but clean. If you don't require luxury accommodations, you'll appreciate this quaint little motel. It deserves the top rating for service.

Visitors starting the tour of the houseVisitors starting the tour of the house

The footpathThe footpath