Quality Suites Williamsburg

Family Travel Theme Park Trips Historical Travel

Affordable Family Hotel in Williamsburg

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 26, 2008

My husband, myself, and my three children stayed at this hotel for three nights while visiting Colonial Williamsburg, Busch Gardens, and Williamsburg Outlets. This hotel is affordable for families with children, and since it has a fold out bed in the couch, was perfect for our family of five to have comfortable sleeping areas. The hotel has a hot breakfast buffet each morning from 6:30 am until 10:00 am, which is complimentary, and is very nice. There is also an indoor pool that my children enjoyed after a long day of walking around Colonial Williamsburg. There is also an arcade room and a workout room, which we didn't get a chance to use because of our limited time there with so many places to visit. Wireless internet was also available, which we took advantage of. The hotel is very close to Colonial Williamsburg, and about 10 minutes from Busch Gardens. There are many family sit-down and fast food restaurants within about a mile of the hotel, which is great for families on a budget. The only bad experience that we had during our stay was that the toilet, which was not flushing properly when we arrived late on Thursday night, overflowed on Friday night, after we had called the front desk earlier that evening to report the flushing problem, and after their sending the maintenance man, who used a plunger to try to fix the flushing problem. I had to call the front desk again at about 2:00 am, when the toilet overflowed, and the manager came up to the room, flushed the toilet again, which again made the toilet overflow. The manager apologized and offered to put us in another room at that time, which I asked if we could put off until later that morning, since all of my other family members were asleep, and I didn't want to have to wake them up to pack up all of our belongings and move at such an early time. We ended up not having to move because the problem was fixed while we spent the day at Busch Gardens. All in all we had a very enjoyable stay!

Unique Quality: The breakfast buffet with hot eggs, sausage links, biscuits, and sweet rolls, and also included fruit, yogurt, bagels with cream cheese, toast, blueberry muffins, and cold cereals, was very nice as well as delicious! It was wonderful to have that meal included in the price of our stay. It was also great to have a suite with a pull-out couch, microwave, refridgerator, coffee maker, VHS tape player, audio cassette player, blow dryer, and iron with ironing board. My kids enjoyed playing in the indoor pool on the second night of our stay, and my husband and I enjoyed the wireless internet!

Directions: From Bypass Road, (Route 60), turn left onto Richmond Road then make a left into the parking lot just past the IHOP on the right. At the end of the parking lot is the Quality Suites.

JudyinPA's Profile Photo

Best Buffet Breakfast

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 15, 2004

About 1 mile from the historic park . We were very pleased with our room having a separate bedroom from the livingroom and kitchen area. There were also two televisions, one in each room. The location of the hotel is in an area with several restraunts and discount shopping just down the road.

Unique Quality: There is an outdoor pool being built and an indoor pool adjacent to the Quality Suites. There is an indoor hallway giving access to the pool. The buffet breakfast includes everything and all you can eat. The food was especially good.

1 Photo of Quality Suites Williamsburg

Williamsburg Travel Forum

Need advice about Williamsburg, Virginia? Visit the Travel Forum for Williamsburg and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Williamsburg hotel reviews