Williamsburg Hospitality House

415 Richmond Road, Williamsburg, Virginia, 23185-3536, United States

Despegar.com Agoda.com

• xymmot's Profile Photo

great location

We had a great stay here before the game day of college football. I chose this hotel because of the location and it turned out to be a gem with underground parking where we left the car the next day until we returned from the stadium that was directly across the street. The location could not have been better and the rooms were large with two double beds. Check-in was quick and there were college pubs right around the corner.

Unique Quality: outdoor swimming pools and freeunderground parking was a plus with a nice gym to boot.The locaton is great if you are going to any sports events with the staduim directly across the street.

Directions: Williamsburg William and Mary campus

More about Williamsburg Hospitality House

Williamsburg Hospitality House is the Greatest

by TripAdvisor Member RichmondWarrior

I just returned from a two night stay for a conference at The Williamsburg Hospitality House in Williamsburg, VA. I have been staying there for personal and business reasons for at least 15 years. They are, by far, the best hotel in Williamsburg, VA. I cannot find the words to describe how excellent the food is. The staff has always been so accommodating. The rooms are beautiful, the lobby and courtyard area are breathtaking. The rates are always good, and they always offer affordable conference rates. It is within walking distance from the Colonial historical area. I always recommend it to everyone for business conferences as well as personal stays. In fact, my company has held their annual conferences there for many years, based on my recommendation. The Williamsburg Hospitality House is my favorite place to stay when I am away from home! You will not be disappointed!

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Kate57

I just returned from Williamsburg, after dropping my daughter off at The College of William and Mary. My stay at the Hospitality House was excellent. Everyone was very helpful and polite, and my room was very clean. The hotel was very convenient to many attractions, and walking distance to Colonial Williamsburg.
When I visit my daughter in the future I will not hesitate to stay at the Williamsburg Hospitality House again.

Good location, needs a little work

by TripAdvisor Member DBUZZ

Stayed at the Williamsburg Hospitality House for two nights last week. The room needed more housekeeping attention, and I believe it is kept at the bare minimum of making beds, and collecting towels. There was a blood stain on one of the pillows, and in the same bed another stain on the sheets.

I called down to have them replaced, and the sheets were, but the pillow case was not. We had to ask housekeeping a second time to please change the pillow case.

I don't believe they vacuumed the room. I looked at the same piece of small plastic bag on the floor for two days, along with a few various other things like lint etc.

Another thing I noticed was on the main doors coming into the lobby, there were tons of finger/palm prints and it looked like a greasy mess. It was eventually wiped off, but it took a day to do it. It was clean the next morning, but instead of staff wandering around, someone should make sure the first impression into the building is a good one.

The parking garage was very convenient to park your car. Basically two under ground garages. Easy to get from the garage to the main hallways.

The outdoor pool was very nice on the sun deck next to the side of the building. Very well maintained, and very clean. There was a maintenance log that was visible for everyone to see, that showed the pool maintenance every morning checking chlorine levels, and temperature. The only thing I wished they had was some shade. There are tables, but no umbrellas?

The location is great. Right across from William and Mary college, and two blocks from Colonial town. Only a short 4 minute walk. No need to pull the car out.

Overall, for the price, and convenience I would say it was a decent place with only a few shortcomings.

retreat 2007

by TripAdvisor Member truestory

I stayed two days (one night) in the Willliamsburg hospitality house where I shared a room with my colleague. The purpose of the trip was a professional meeting, and the conference took place specifically at the Empire rooms in the hotel. We had also a lunch and a dinner served in the Williamsburg ball room in the hotel. The rooms were very big, clean and comfortable. I was somewhat surprised when eventhough I placed a note on the door "do not disrturb", a housekeeper knocked at the door next morning around 8:30, asking when I would like the room to be cleaned.A staff at the front desk and a bar was very friendly. I enjoyed a perfect breakfast buffet, much more meal choices were offered than one would expect. I also enjoyed spending some time at the beautiful hotel terrace and taking a walk in the campus of the William and Marry college located near the hotel. Overall, it is a perfect place to stay.

Great Stay!!

by TripAdvisor Member sweetsatin

my friends and i just went down for a weekend from NJ. the room was better than expected. the pool was GREAT. the customer service could have been a little better but i would stay there again when and if i have another weekend getaway. and it is also close to restaurants such as uno, ihop etc.

I Just Thought It was Average

by TripAdvisor Member GBB7156

I stayed for three or four nights recently dropping off my son at the Collage of William and Mary. I have seen a number of reviews which found the desk staff rather uninformative, and I would have to generally agree with that statement. They were not as enthusiastic or informed as I might have expected. The hotel itself is huge, but the air conditioning worked well on a very hot stretch. We did have a fire alarm go off in the middle of the night, and it seemed to ring so long that I heard guests went down three floors to find out it as a false alarm, and then came up to report same to everyone, and the alarm still rang. The buffet breakfast was average quality, but I found our waitress very pleasant and nice. The room was adequate. On the plus side, you could kick a field goal onto the football field, it is so close across the street, and in terms of an inexpensive place within walking distance to everything on campus at WM, I do not think you will find any place better.

Friendly, Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member TVLER

We were taking our son to Wm & Mary, so the location was great! Right across the street from campus. Plus it is very close to the Colonial area and shopping. Staff was very friendly allowing us to check in early. They were also very helpful with information about the area.

Room was clean and roomy. Only downside was a queen sized bed instead of a king, but the bed was very comfortable. Had no problems with a SUV in the free parking garage.

We got a pretty good internet rate, so not only did we enjoy the stay--we thought it was a good value. We will likely stay again if we can get a similar rate.

Will stay there again

by TripAdvisor Member travelo7

We had a wonderful stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were nicely decorated and comfortable. The lobby has a beautiful fireplace. We plan to stay there again, the next time we are in town.

Enjoyable Stay

by TripAdvisor Member Titans65

We had a nice two-day stay at the Hospitality House. The registration/front desk was extremely fast when we check in. It might have been to fast though, because the next day our card keys didn’t work when we returned to our room that afternoon. So I had to go back to the lobby and get new cards to get back into our room. The rooms were clean and the climate control was comfortable. The hallway getting to and from the rooms were extremely cold, and that was uncomfortable. Their cable/ TV had a good selection of channels for your viewing pleasure. The TV set was quite small, and it could of use an upgrade. Our room was stuck in a corner of hotel, and we had another view of a brick wall. I’m not sure if it was a plus or a minus, but it was very quiet. The location of the hotel was excellent. Directly across the street from the William and Mary football stadium, and only 5 blocks away from Merchant Square. My only other concern for this property is the garage. Their garage can take you to your room floor. This I would consider a security concern. Usually most hotel garages take you to the lobby, and then you have another elevator that takes you to your floor. Again this could be a negative or positive depending how you look at it. If I’m in Williamsburg again, I’m going to come back. My deal was through Hotelclub.com for $94 dollars a night. But beware that Hotel Club is a British company and they will charge you a conversion fee on your credit card. So, if you plan on using Hotel Club for your purchase, use a credit card that doesn’t charge a conversion fee.

Comments