4870 Longhill Road, Williamsburg, Virginia, 23188, United States

Orbitz.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Satisfaction Average

• Villas

This is for villa owners. The double room villas are super clean and accomodating. Each has private entrances. In Oct. 2007 there was no restaurant on the premesis. However, a large number are within a few miles drive. Easy access from the freeways and and easy drive to historic Williamsburg, the college and shopping malls. Beautiful area. enjoy your stay.

Unique Quality: Outdoor and indoor pool. Tennis courts, golfing nearby and walking path.

More about Williamsburg Plantation

excellent stay in williamsburg

I stayed at Williamsburg Plantation for a week and everyone there was very helpful. Never being in the area before I found Scott very imformative, he told me where all the nice resturants were to eat and booked me and my husband for golf. I only had problam with the girl in guest services because when i went to the counter they sat there and talked amongst eachother before addressing me but besides that it was great. The indoor pool was closed but they arranged for us to go to another pool. they have activites for the kids so that mom and dad can get a little bit of a break. I loved staying there, the rooms were nice and very home like. I went on the survey and the guy i had answered all of my questions about timeshare and was very helpful. I would go back there again anytime. Thank you for doig such a great job guys. Everyone needs to go there

Treated like a Queen!

Williamsburg Plantation was the best resort I,ve been to. The front desk was very helpful the entire time we were there. Shirley the front desk manager especially. Guest Services was so pleasant. Kimberly and Chris were so helpful and kind in everything we needed help with. They seem to go out of their way to make sure that all of the guests have a fantastic time. They also directed us to a great place to eat called "the Backfin" and said to be sure we had the crab dip. Definately listen to these two. The best crab dip I ever had. Great call! The rooms were beautiful. Lay out was wonderful! Jamestown units were beautiful (could be done in brighter colors, but still georgous). The maintenace department were also pleasant. William came out to help us with a few things and was a joy. Great reviews for the staff of Williamsburg Plantation. Their dedication to the job made our stay so wonderful. It was nice to be treated like you are suppose to be treated at a 5 star resort instead of being treated like you are waisting the workers time. Definately take a trip out to Williamsburg Plantation. You wont regret it!

Don't believe the bad reviews

by TripAdvisor Member RD28

It was with trepidation that we arrived at the Williamsburg Plantation on August 8 after reading the reviews on this site. Between references to "ghetto-like" apartments, rude staff and "ant infested" kitchens we didn't know what we were walking into. The resort is beautiful and the staff friendly. There was no pressure to buy. Indeed, we just said we weren't interested in attending a conference and that was it. The unit was spacious and clean. We were in the "A" unit with a full kitchen. The pool was delightful. Unfortunately the indoor pool was closed, but I guess they have to do maintenance some time. Go and have a great time at the resort, it is so convenient to all the area attractions.

I'm sooo glad I went

After reading all the bad reviews on Trip Advisor, I spent the entire month prior to my vacation trying to change to another resort. I am so glad that I couldn't because we had the greatest time at the Williamsburg Plantation. While on vacation August 22-28 we went to the attractions but the kids were just as happy to stay at the resort. They were able to get tennis rackets, volleyballs, and basketballs from the front desk with no hassle. Every evening the kids made sure to stop by the front desk to pick up a few free movie rentals. The pool was nice but make sure not to open your eyes underwater. The condo we stayed in had a jacuzzi with a sauna. It was gorgeous, spacious, and comfortable. I highly recommend a vacation at this resort.

A great time was had by all!

My family travel to the United States on vacation frequently, but this was our first time in Virginia. We were extremely concerned to read the negative reviews about the Williamsburg Plantation prior to our departure and, thankfully, our concerns were totally unfounded - in fact our expectations were exceeded by miles. The reception staff were very helpful and courteous, with special thanks to Jack Le. We were perfectly happy with the pool which was big enough to cater for all the guests in the resort (we stayed from 22 August to 6 September 2004). The apartments were beautifully furnished and very well laid out and spacious. Any minor problems we had with any utilities were immediately attended to by housekeeping. We enjoyed the tennis courts - you can borrow the rackets for free (believe you me, we don't have that luxury in Europe - if they can take an extra pound or euro from you they will!), and (unbelievably) there was a video library where we were able to borrow films for free. Only slight downside was the timeshare presentation which (for the US) we thought was a little pressurised, but which compared to others resorts in Europe was really not bad at all. However, we were incredibly expressed with the whole resort, the beautiful landscaping and the lovely people. Loved Williamsburg (what a beautiful place), loved Virginia, loved the States !!!!!

Very convenient location. One statement says it all.....we'd stay there again!

by TripAdvisor Member dixiecup

Just returned from a 7-night stay...the (townhome-like) condo was extremely nice. Our unit had a full-sized kitchen...with stove/oven, refrigerator (with ice maker), microwave and dishwasher (garbage disposal too). It had two full size baths, one with a jacuzzi. An extra large screen TV and a fireplace were located in the living room. The dining area was spacious and the beds were comfortable. There was a small private patio area off the living room which lead you to an outdoor grill. The unit was clean and the kitchen was well stocked with utensils too. The only "negative" thing we noticed was the stand up shower door was in need of repairs as it wouldn't shut all the way...but this didn't interfere with our stay. Laundry facilities were available in the upper landing of our unit. The indoor pool was under construction, but other facilities were available if you wanted to swim. The outdoor pool was just being filled for the season. But this information was shared with us prior to our booking the unit as a "trade" with II. The resort staff was helpful in that maps and literature were made available and "area attraction" tickets could be purchased at a discount too. The only "beware" message we have for future guests is that when asked to "complete a survey" (they'll offer you a "gift" for doing so)...they will describe it as "a free breakfast at Randalls...followed by a 45-min survey"...but what it turns out to be is...a nice free breakfast followed by a "sales presentation" to encourage you to become "an owner" at Williamsburg Plantation. This ordeal took 3 hrs. not 45 mins. This was disappointing in that they try to mislead you to sign up for something they know well ahead will take a few hours of your vacation time. We'd stay there again, but we would definitely not elect to "take the survey".

Disappointed...again!

The staff is very manipulative and dishonest and care only about how they can make commission of of innocent people. My husband and I were lied to, and as a result, we bought the timeshare thinking we would get lots of "extra" benefits. When we go to use our "benefits" we were told we do not have them, what we signed is what we get, even though our sales man said "everything we talked about is in these papers", so we did not read the entire agreement considering we were there 6 hours listening to him trying to convince us to buy, I did not feel like reading pages worth of agreement forms (which I should have). Just recently I received a phone call to have a free two night three day stay in order for us to express our feelings as members to the resort. Well, it was not to hear about us, they wanted us to upgrade!!! Even after we expressed our entire story, we would still have to pay to get what we were already told we were to get. Oh, and they admitted they did fire the sales associate for being dishonest. We left very unhappy. The pool is very salty, if I wanted to taste salt while I swim I would have gone to the beach. They are not as popular as they state, there were about three cars in our entire parking lot. Buyers...don't buy here!!!

Rip off

I was solictied for a getway weekend in Williamsburg for $200.00. The trip had to be taken within one year. We had problems with rescheduling due to inclement weather plus they wanted to charge us another $50.00 to reschedule.

This is really a rip off. We already paid $200.00 for an medocore hotel, and not much else. We were also told we did not have to take the tour of the timeshare if we did not want to, however the literature said we would be charged $150.00 if we did not take the tour. The personnel handling the package were rude after the initial sales pitch.

I would not advise accepting this package.

Liked the Plantation

Condos are large and spacious. It was clean and tastefully decorated. Only drawback was kitchen has no stove or oven. Also, indoor pool is closed. We were told that they cannot open it because they built too many condos and did not make the pool big enought to meet the code requirements. Overall good stay but have had better.

Comments