1 ROUTE 664, Wintergreen, VA 22958

• 807Wheaton's Profile Photo

Enjoy the amenities at Wintergreen Resort

We enjoyed our stay in the studio apartment at Wintergreen. The descent to the door was long and down quite a few flights of stairs.
    Along the way, the staff had left piles of firewood for the real wood-burning fireplaces. They even provided starter blocks for the fire. We had a fire in the fireplace every night we were there!
    The rate we paid included daily maid service.
    We were able to leave the dishes in the sink and they were in the dishwasher clean when we returned from our day-trips.
    The long stairway was really quite arduous and I'm not sure if would be accessible to anyone with a disability. The most strenous part was bringing in the luggage and taking the luggage back out.

Unique Quality: This resort provided wonderful transportation to their different venues for eating, relaxing and for sports. We called often for their shuttle to pick us up and it took us to the restaurants and to their pool.
    I really would recommend their indoor pool.
    They also have several hot tubs on the deck outside the pool.

More about Wintergreen Resort

by chewy3326

Wintergreen Resort is in western Virginia, near Waynesboro and Charlottesville in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Wintergreen has been voted as the best ski resort in the Washington DC metro area, and has 24 trails and 1,003 feet of vertical drop. Rates at Wintergreen are $42 per person non-holiday, but Wintergreen has a good deal for nearby residents: a rental and a day pass for only $32 on specific "appreciation days". Wintergreen also has golf courses in summer.

Ski Resort in the Blue Ridge

by chewy3326

"Wintergreen Resort"

I visited Wintergreen Resort on Jan 2, 2006 as a skiing trip. This was the first time I've ever skiied, and I think it was pretty enjoyable. The scenery in the entire area was very beautiful, but I don't have many pictures; the sky was clear in the morning, so I kept trying to put off taking photos for later. Then clouds moved in and it started raining, so I didn't get many good pictures.

The road leading to the resort has good views, and at one point you get a good sweeping view of the area. When the sky's clear, views from the slopes are great, too, but if it's cloudy, you can't see anything. I didn't do any runs past easy, since it was my first time.

I'd like to come back to Wintergreen on a clear day and ski the Diamond Hill trail (the only easy trail I didn't do today), and take some better pictures.

Studio apartment at Wintergreen ResortStudio apartment at Wintergreen Resort