Holiday Inn Wytheville Va (Us 11 I-81 & I-77.)

Us 11 I-81 & I-77

La Quinta Inn Wytheville
Booking.com Orbitz.com LQ.com

• Don't confuse Old with New

July 2012 - - The picture here is of the old Holiday Inn in Wytheville, which was closed over 10-years ago (we stayed there too). It was purchased and revamped by LaQuinta and Red Roof Inn, who manage the hotel today. At the end of June 2012 the new Holiday Inn Express and Suites was opened in Wytheville to our delight. The brand new building sits behind Shoney's and in between the Peking Chinese Restaurant and Wolfharthaus Dinner Theater on Mailin Drive. It is a very easy off and on Interstate 81 at exit 73. We were a bit confused by this picture when we saw the new, updated location, but were thrilled. It is very clean, being new, modern, with a wonderful pool indoors. The staff was very pleasant and knowledgable of the area. Our family will definately stop there again when we make our pilgramige south in the late summer. Definately the nicest hotel we have stayed at in a while.

Unique Quality: We were told the beds were all pillow tops and the were very, very comfortable.

Travel Tips for Wytheville

Wytheville (say it with-ville)

by counsel14

"a little history"

The city was founded in 1792 as Evansham on 100 acres of land. It was later named for the first signer of the Declaration of Independence from Virginia, George Wythe. it is the county seat of Wythe County. It was orginally the junction of two great western roads; the Ingalls Ferry road and the Pepper's Ferry Trails. It's still a convenient junction as it has two federal highways (Interstates 81 and 77) crossing here. Wytheville is known as "The Hub of Southwest Virginia" and "the Crossroads of the Blue Ridge".

"Main Street"

Wytheville's main street is a little bit colonial, a little bit civil war and a whole lot of fun.
There are specialty shops, an old fashioned hardware store (love that store), boutiques, restaurants; just about any kind of place you can imagine, all within walking distance.
It's got several one way streets, so please pay attention to the arrows!

"The Water tower"

I took a picture of the water tower thinking it was a hot air balloon rising over the trees. Still like the picture, even after knowing what it was.

Comments