Georgetown Hotels

• cjg1 profile photo cjg1
  • Reviews: 5774

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Park Hyatt: A Suite Stay

My wife and I love staying here! So far we've stayed eight times in total and have had excellent service and accomodations each time.

When I want to have a city location that has excellent on site dining and a more upscale vibe; we choose to stay here. Yes, it is more expensive and I can get a much cheaper rate at another brand or staying outside of the city but this hotel is just right for us.

The Park Hyatt has beautiful interiors and decor from the lobby, restaurant, lounge and the guestrooms. I love the simple yet elegant style and the relaxing vibe of the place. The suites we have stayed in are always very comfortable with large bathrooms, comfy sitting area and cozy beds.

The highlight at the Park Hyatt is their on site restaurant; The Blue Duck Tavern. It has been voted the best fine dining in the D.C. area. My wife and I have enjoyed the best breakfasts here with incredibly fresh, local ingredients. Their dinners are out of this world and honestly the best food I have seen in the U.S. Their lounge serves some incredible local wines and interesting cocktails with impeccable service. I'd say you have to come here to dine even if you are not a hotel guest; it is worth it.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written September 30, 2013
Tip Photo

• tobycollins profile photo tobycollins
  • Reviews: 1

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Monticello of Georgetown: Hotel Monticello: Hotel damaged our car

The hotel is unprofessionally run. The staff is rude. Few amenities for the price. No high-speed internet as advertised.

The valet damaged our car when attempting to pull it up from their very small garage. The front passenger side was gouged causing $1600 of body repair. My wife and I communicated with the head manager who refused to admit fault and their very amateurish insurance carrier was uncooperative. We are now stuck with a $1600 repair bill.

The bottom line, you may save money on the room, but you may also have your car mangled. Don't stay in this hotel.

Good location, that's it.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written September 13, 2007

Car Damage Photo 3

• ForestqueenNYC profile photo ForestqueenNYC
  • Reviews: 485

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Latham Hotel Georgetown: Very Nice Boutique Hotel

This is a small, but nice hotel in Georgetown. The service is good and the rooms are clean and cute. It is in a great location for Georgetown and you can walk to Dupont Circle and Pennsylvania Avenue too. Busses pass along M Street gong in both directions.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Singles, Women's Travel, Seniors
  • Written July 24, 2006

• genki44 profile photo genki44
  • Reviews: 62

The Topaz Hotel: Art deco boutique hotel

The Kimpton Hotels are great hotels to stay in! Self described on their website as "More than just a place to stay, the Topaz Hotel is a world filled with positive energy and good karma. Welcome to nirvana off Dupont Circle. Mystic beats to dance trance. Attendants dressed in sunburst tunics. Vibrant patterns and exotic textures. Transcend the everyday at Washington, D.C.'s most enlightened boutique hotel."

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average