1710 H Street NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20006, United States
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

More about Washington D.C.

next to a big animalnext to a big animal

Original costume from Lion KingOriginal costume from Lion King

national zoological parknational zoological park

Korea memorialKorea memorial

dc trip planner

by cdw_0316

Hi,
I am a foreign visitor. I have checked the attractions in Washington DC. But I don't know how to plan an efficient trip. I wonder whether there is an website or a software in which I can input all the addresses that I would like to go to, and it will tell me how to plan the trip in one day by taking metro. Thank you very much.

by Agraichen

Google maps. You can put in multiple addresses and it will then chart the course with maps. You can then rearange addresses to suit your travel needs.

by iblatt

Hi!
One day in Washington DC will give you just enough time to see the general layout and the exterior of the buildings and monuments, but very little time to visit museums and important buildings.
Fortunately, most of the attractions are concentrated in and around the Mall, and are within walking distance, if you plan your day carefully.

I would start off from Capitol Hill, then down to the Mall. Pick a couple of museums (belonging to the Smithsonian) depending on your main interests, one of them definitely the Air and Space Museum which is unique, the second museum either art / natural history / holocaust / ethnography; then Washington Monument (elevator to the top, great view), White House (exterior only), Lincoln and Jefferson Monuments.
Spend the evening and have dinner in Georgetown.

Enjoy!
Ilan

by Jamesr3939

Just use the metro's route planning program. It will give you all the directions you need to know from walking, bus, metro, etc. with times and distance.

by travellingtechie

Which is the best place to stay near DC? I understand that the hotels inside the city will be a bit more expensive. But which are the best places to stay in near by DC which may not be too expensive?

Thanks!

TT!

Travel Tips for Washington D.C.

One Day in Washington DC

by iblatt

One day in Washington DC will give you just enough time to see the general layout and the exterior of buildings and monuments, but very little time to visit museums and important buildings.

I would start off from Capitol Hill, then down to the Mall. Pick a couple of museums (belonging to the Smithsonian) depending on your main interests, one of them definitely the Air and Space Museum which is unique, the second museum either art / natural history / holocaust / ethnography; then the Vietnam Memorial, Washington Monument (elevator to the top, great view), White House (exterior only), Lincoln and Jefferson Monuments.
Spend the evening and have dinner in Georgetown.

Tats and doggies :)

by kymbanm

As I was wandering about, looking desperately for a shoe shop to purchase a more comfortable pair than I had brought w/ me, I came across a neon Tattoo parlor sign. I stopped to take out my camera, and was considering going in to look at their portfolios, when this HUGE dog like creature exited the shop.

This not so little man was sooo old, that he moved slowly as I encouraged him to come on over and get a scratch. He could barely stand for long without help, so would lean on me, a pole, the wall, or whatever he could for support. When he made it aaaallll the way to the curbside to releive himself, he couldn't even pick up his hind leg! He sort of leaned to one side to miss his feet :) He began to follow me as I was walking away - looking pathetic and like he wanted more scratches. As he passed the fire hydrant, I asked him why he was passing it without paying his respects ...... He looked over his shoulder, backed up a couple of steps and did the deed :)

During all of this, a young man working as a street cleaner joined me in my laughter. He was laughing at me as well as with me ... he coudln't believe I was snapping pics of these events!

Ah, great moments like this just can't be scripted :)

Squirrels in the Park

by TropicGirl77

Coming from Hawaii where we lack many of the accustomed four-legged wild creatures, it was neat to see the squirrels running around the grounds. This one was evidently "hunting" for hidden treasures and managed to find a few as we looked on.

I discovered the Korea War...

by Beachdave

I discovered the Korea War Memorial. It is overlooked due to the location. It is a site which I would recomend to everyone who visits Washington, DC. Look and see and take into account what you see. I like this memorial. In this picture you can see the tourist as they visit the sight, and then you can see the participants of the war, who are the ghostly figures.

Go and visit the Capitol...

by samueller

I was there with a program called CloseUp - a program designed to teach high school kids the working of the U.S. govt. Thorugh this program I had the chance to get to placed where other people don't get to go....

Comments

Popular Hotels in Washington D.C.

Hay Adams Hotel

Willard Inter-Continental Washington

Omni Shoreham Hotel

Washington Suites Georgetown

2500 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20037, United States

View all Washington D.C. hotels

L'Enfant Plaza Hotel
One Washington Circle Hotel

Aka White Hotel
Aka White House Hotel Washington Dc

Address: 1710 H Street NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20006, United States