American Guest House

2005 Columbia Rd NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20009, United States

More about American Guest House

Location, location, location!

by TripAdvisor Member carozen

Great location! The staff is very firendly and the breakfast more than filling!.
It can get a little bit chilly at nights though, but they provide you with thick comforters ;-)

Very clean, relaxing, and homey

by TripAdvisor Member slher

It's a B&B with old fashion charm and warm hospitality. Cookies in a glass jar along with accessible teas and coffees at any time. I loved to store my leftovers or personal diet foods in the refrigerator.
Beautiful old staircase and old bedroom antiques with a clean and comfortable bed. Hospitality at its best. Library books in the room, internet access and ready help to the metro, restaurants, and museums.
As a woman, I felt safe and comfortable.
I would want to come again and bring my husband for a fun DC experience.

Adequate B&B in good location

by TripAdvisor Member G69nyc

I felt welcomed by the staff, and breakfasts are fine--not lavish, but completely adequate. My room, which is one of the best according to their website, was ok but nothing more than that. It was large, true, and had a comfortable bed, but there were no pictures on the walls, only very basic bathroom amenities, and no real control over room temperature. I wish they didn't have little signs taped everywhere on the walls with instructions--they seemed to assume (and maybe they've had trouble with this) that I don't know how to respect their furniture, and they didn't want me to open windows for fresh air. I don't know how this B&B compares with others in Washington DC but it's certainly not up to the standards of others I've stayed in elswhere.

Great alternative to the large conference hotels

by TripAdvisor Member MauraBPugetSound_WA

I have stayed at the American Guest House twice and recommended it to colleagues and friends. This is the perfect small, quiet and cozy home base for a business or pleasure trip to DC. You are conveniently located between two metro stops and close to shops, restaurants and nightlife. You are on a busy enough street to feel safe arriving or departing at night, this is important to me as a woman traveling alone. Great access go cabs at all hours. A great alternative to the loud and crowded big hotels full of conference attendees.

Great alternative for the business traveler--I will be a repeat guest!

by TripAdvisor Member Halfiron02

I travel frequently and cannot say enough about the benefits of getting out of a large hotel into a quiet and comfortable setting. This is the perfect alternative to hotels--it's a bonus that the rates are lower and you can feel good about supporting small/local business.

The American Guesthouse is perfectly clean, very comfortable, quiet and a great respite from the busy city. The breakfast was fabulous--I especially enjoyed the fresh fruit salad. The coffee was great too.

The walk to the metro is 10 minutes, and there are lots of good places to eat and shop between the metro stop and the guest house.

The only potential downside is that my tv did not get very many chanels.

Great choice

by TripAdvisor Member Rocky_Racoon76

We stayed here for four nights. We chose to stay here partly because of the fact that hotel rooms in central DC seemed to be so expensive and partly because of previous good reviews on TripAdvisor. I'm glad we did. Our first floor ensuite room was fine and big enough for the two of us and our cases. The room and bathroom was clean and well kept. The location of the guest house was good - being an easy walk to Dupont Circle for the Metro and bars / restaurants, and very close to the Hilton Hotel (where a city sighteeing bus stops). Also close by is the Adams-Morgan part of town, which is also good for eating or drinking out. Best of all though was the friendly and homely service from the owner/manager who was great and even prepared us a take-out breakfast for our very early departure (big thanks).

Would definitely stay here again if we find ourselves returning to DC.

Yes, I loved the AGH in Washington!

by TripAdvisor Member Mrilla

I came to Washington DC to attend a conference at Omni Shoreham. It worked perfectly staying at AGH at Columbus Rd, it´s only about 10 minutes walk to Omni. Neighborhood is nice and safe, rooms/bed comfortable, clean, lot of drawers to put your stuff in. Bathroom spotless clean and modern.
The best thing was breakfast - omelettes are warm recommended! Coffee, tea, mineral water in refrigerator at any time is great.
I wish I could come back soon.

Good location, room, bed and bath

by TripAdvisor Member MacBusterLotte

The room and the location were quite good. Good WiFi, good light to read in bed, comfortable temperature. Quiet at night. The breakfasts were okay, with eggs offered every day. But the same pastries kept appearing morning after morning. There was nothing lively about the place. Not even a small lamp was left on in the parlor when one came in at night, and certainly no sherry waiting in the late afternoons. Little notes posted about concerning various items betrayed a lack of hospitality, a defensive negativeness. For instance, the note by our shower said that the pipe run was long and we would need to leave the hot water running for five minutes or more, as probably we were the first up taking a shower. In fact, only one morning did we have to wait. It was more costly than it should have been.

The Place to Stay - AGH

by TripAdvisor Member Marathon65

Very safe part of town. Close to shops and eateries Proprietors was kind enough to adjust breakfast scedule for me, given I had an early morning meeting. Very clean. Would certainly recommend staying here.

Comments

Popular Hotels in Washington D.C.

Hay Adams Hotel

Willard Inter-Continental Washington

The Dupont Hotel

1500 New Hampshire Ave. NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20036, United States

Omni Shoreham Hotel

JW Marriott Hotel Pennsylvania Avenue

American Guest House

American Guest House B&b
American Guest House Hotel Washington Dc

Address: 2005 Columbia Rd NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20009, United States