Bed and Breakfast on U. Street

17th and U Street NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20005, United States

More about Washington D.C.

International Spy Museum, Washington DCInternational Spy Museum, Washington DC

Sculpture at Art GardenSculpture at Art Garden

the White house as seen from Washington monumentthe White house as seen from Washington monument

Cosi CaféCosi CafĂ©

Parking in Washington D.C.

by DaphL

Hello,

I'll spend three days in Washington, D.C. in Mid-June and I am looking for a place to park my car during my stay. I'd like to reserve my spot in advance. Does anyone have any suggestion?

Thank you !!

Re: Parking in Washington D.C.

by jardinpr

private parkings and hotel parkings are expensive , 25 to 35 a day .
I will leave my car at Hungtington , greenbelt or franconia-springfield , at the multi day spot for 4.5$ week day and free week end . check the metro rail web site for info

Travel Tips for Washington D.C.

PROTESTERS BY THE WHITE HOUSE

by moiraistyx

The back and the front of the White House are almost always sprawled with protesters. This weeks topics of choice were President's Bush's dedication to his faith and the war. For the most part these folks leave people alone. At most they shout out propaganda of their own as you walk by. My best suggestion is to simply ignore them. I do enjoy hearing differing opinions, however I don't want people to try to force theirs upon me.

Monumental Government

by grandmaR

Washington is a difficult city to drive in. There are many diagonal streets (named for the states) with associated circles, one way streets, no left turns etc. We always try to drive with a map being read by the navigator. If one is visiting Washington as a tourist, it is useful to have a map which identifies the various buildings, statues, memorials and points of interest. These two statues are some of the many statues in Washington.

They are on either side of the main entrance to the Rayburn building - two ten-foot marble statues by C. Paul Jennewein, Spirit of Justice and Majesty of Law.

Southwest of the Capitol on a site bounded by Independence Avenue, South Capitol Street, First Street, and C Street, S.W

I would go to the Lincoln...

by SuVaHa

I would go to the Lincoln Memorial. It was the most awesome place. It gave me chillbumps to see the statue of Lincoln. I also thought it was neat to see how his speeches were engraved on the wall. I loveed it! I liked how everything we wanted to see was right around each other. I loved looking around and seeing all these memorials everywhere.

Both walking about the museums...

by Neuras

Both walking about the museums (Natural history, American History, the Air and space museum, etc) and the monuments and buildings.
The memorials are really outstanding as to size and beauty. I particularly like the one devted to Abraham Lincoln, which is one the estadist I most admire of the whole world. If you think is odd for a Mexican to be devoted to an American president, think not only of the role Lincoln developed in abolishing slavery from the stubborn Southerns states but also for he was one of the few congressmen who voted NO in declaring war to Mexico in the middle of the XIX century. Walking in Washington is like walking in a city museum. Of course is large and you jhave to walk a lot between one to another, but the artificial lakes and the parks make it enjoyable to stroll.
Definitely not the place for exciting stuff but for relaxing and learning, which I'm sure a lot of people would find appealing (such as I do)

Madam's Organ

by b1bob

I could not resist taking a snap of this obvious (and obscene) play on words for the name of the Adams Morgan "district within the District". Aside from a humourous note, my research reveals that it is a jazz place that serves soul food. The prices are reasonable enough that I might want to stop here for supper one night and take in the full flavour of Madam's Organ in Adams Morgan, converting this from a general tip to a restaurant and/or nightlife tip.

Comments

Popular Hotels in Washington D.C.

Hay Adams Hotel

Willard Inter-Continental Washington

The Dupont Hotel

1500 New Hampshire Ave. NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20036, United States

Omni Shoreham Hotel

Latest: Apr 20, 2014
Days Inn Connecticut Ave
Marriott Wardman Park Hotel
Latest: Apr 21, 2014
The Melrose Hotel, Washington D.C.
Westin Washington, DC City Center
One Washington Circle Hotel

Bed and Breakfast on U. Street

B&b On U. Street
Bed And Breakfast On U. Street Hotel Washington Dc

Address: 17th and U Street NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20005, United States