Best Western Capitol Skyline Hotel

Budget Travel Family Travel Road Trip
See Amenities

Terrible Customer Service

by written on December 25, 2011

My husband and I had reservations for last week Sunday and were turned away. We got there, gave them our id, confirmation email and cash. We forgot our credit card at home, and offered them the credit card number so they can punch it in to the machine, they refused to do it. We offered them a cash deposit, as we did in other hotels with no problem, but they wouldn't hear of it. They refused to check us in and were very rude about it. We were left stranded in Washington, DC and had to change our bus tickets to go home that same night. The man at the fron desk treated us like garbage, and spoke to us like he couldn't wait to get rid of us. After this, they notified the site we booked the hotel on that we never showed up, threatening to charge us for the night. I had to spend half my afternoon making phone calls to make sure I don't get charged, since they had my credit card number from the reservation but too incompetant to use it upon check in. The worst part of it all is that we are established customers who have stayed there at least twice a year for the past three years so they could have made a one time exception. They lost some very valuable customers and I will make sure to warn people about their unsympathetic, rude and unknowledgable employees.

DO NOT STAY HERE

by written on July 11, 2011

I am going to any site I can find to write a review. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL! Me and my two friends visited for a relaxing July 4th weekend. We were completely unaware that the pool was a "party" pool, and because of our age were treated awful. The front desk was not helpful and at times very rude. We did not feel like welcomed hotel guests. Early one morning someone knocked on our door (when the do not distrub sign was out) and asked if we were leaving that day. We were not scheduled to leave for two more days. The hotel itself was great location and the room was comfortable, beside the cockroach in the bathroom. We will not return because of the awful customer service. Also, our credit card was charged an extra $150.. that we did not spend, we are now working with the bank to have it removed. Customer service claimed they did not charge it, but we have documented proof. Again, DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL

eegist's Profile Photo

Skyline Hotel

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 1, 2006

Hotel room was okay. I choose my hotel for just relaxing in the evening and sleeping...not for anything else. This hotel fit that bill. I ate over at McDonalds for breakfast across the street. I never did check out the food at the hotel. The neighborhood isn't the best, but for the price the hotel worked out fine. I didn't rent a car so I just walked downtown from this hotel. It is also a pretty close walk over to the Navy Yard Metro station.

kimmofin's Profile Photo

Not your best choice in D.C.

by written on October 6, 2003

Stayed in this hotel in January 2001 for a weekend and I was somewhat a disappointed. We had ordered a 4 person room with an extra bed and that was confirmed to us.
When we arrived to hotel around midnight, there was no extrabed in the room and we had to wait for 2 hours for a smelly and damp extra bed.
The worst part was the check out - they tried to charge us extra cost for the extra bed, which was confirmed as free of charge.

Also the whole time we stayed in the hotel, the staff wasn't too polite. Wouldn't stay there ever again and it made avoid Best Western hotels all together.

Unique Quality: Rooms have a nice view to Capitol Hill

Nearby Best Western Capitol Skyline Hotel

Best Western Capitol Skyline Hotel

• Washington Dc Best Western
  • Capitol Skyline Washington Dc
  • Hotel Capitol Skyline

Address: 10 I St SW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20024-4299, United States

1 Photo of Best Western Capitol Skyline Hotel

• Business Services
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Washington D.C. Travel Forum

Need advice about Washington D.C., United States of America? Visit the Travel Forum for Washington D.C. and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Washington D.C. hotel reviews

Capital Hilton
Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 4 Reviews
One Washington Circle Hotel
Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review

Explore Deeper into Washington D.C.
U.S. Capitol Building